Whats your latest general buy 2011?

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got my new truck, Mitsubishi L200 Barbarian, absolutely thrilled to bits with it so far.

What they like to drive? What's fuel like on them? Reason for questions is I've got 04 plate warrior and looking after harvest at new shape L200 not sure yet on spec to go for  :D

Tris unfortunately not, the yellow steps are mine the triple gangs are the company i work for.

CMB it does have a turbo.

Very nice. I am looking to upgrade to something bigger this year. What's the space like for box storage capacity?

What they like to drive? What's fuel like on them? Reason for questions is I've got 04 plate warrior and looking after harvest at new shape L200 not sure yet on spec to go for  :D

After i've done a couple of tanks i will work out what i am averaging.

Not as comfy as an Isuzu, but not far off, but better than a Ford. Engine is brilliant, plenty of power for overtaking.

Very nice. I am looking to upgrade to something bigger this year. What's the space like for box storage capacity?

There is a good amount of room and having the canopy top would mean you could stack them up. However if it is serious amount of boxes, may i suggest a van  ;D ;D ;D

An elevator... my man who works in the peeling room has a bad back from lifting bags of spuds too high.... so I've treated him to an elevator to load the main peeling line hopper with... it needs a bit of engineering works done to it to make it fit... and an electrical supply (it's 3 phase) ... so it won't be up and running tomorrow... but hopefully it will be in a few days time.

d8e40603.jpg

bd7e042a.jpg

Yesterday a 15.5 inch  laptop to replace my 10.1 inch Toshiba Note pad which died. The old one was under 2 year warranty and needed a new motherboard at a cost of £ 302 fitted and Costco decided it was uneconomic to repair. The repairers will courier it back to me and I can take it back to the warehouse where I'm told I will get my money refunded. Assuming it is a full refund on the price I paid 18 months ago I should have a relatively inexpensive upgraded computer.

Its a Sony VPCEB3LOE/BQ and has

Intel Core i3 processor 2.4GHZ

4 GB Memory

500GB Hard Drive

Bluray/DVD and CD Drive

So far so good and its running like a race horse in comparison to that old donkey of a Toshiba ;) ;)

Surfing around the internet this model was retailing at £ 680 to £ 707 and at Costco it was on offer at £ 575.98

Got them on my Mondeo, brilliant tyres, far more grip than the ones I had before

Definitely agree there Mike, my Golf's had Hankook's on it since I bought it and they've been great so just opted to go with them again.......ATS had to order them direct though as no one around here had any in stock.......

Alo (Quickie.. MF) three-point linkage to Euro VIII headstock attachment for Hattie.... collecting that tomorrow (pics when I get it mounted)

Also... new faceplate for my forklift tines for the loader from Cherry Products... used my current one on my bale squeeze contraption - 3 weeks wait on that