Whats your latest general buy 2011?

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ipod classic from John Lewis, gotta treat yourself once in a while!....was going to get the touch but this has a little more memory ;D ;D ;D ;D !....and on the train or at work i cant really watch movies or play games so seemed pointless really :-\ ....and if i did i'd just iphone myself instead.....although i'm a HTC man ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D 

Final straw last night when one of the glass strips in my woodburner broke.  Firebricks are falling apart and  I am fed up with looking at a hole in the wall with a woodburner stood in front.    Bit the bullet and ordered a new woodburner stove AND a fire surround.  New burner will fit IN the fireplace and will look smart with a surround. 

Too much money so my collecting has to suffer but at least it will keep me warm!

Oh no Sue you can`t burn your collection !!! ;D  ;D  ;D  don`t do it !!!!! surely things arent that bad.......   

sorry I couldn`t resist that  :-\

we bought a gas fire back panel and surround recently too, alison did at least

, £200, £199  and £614  its to fit after that expected to be 2 man days

for me a FORD 40 series workshop manual dvd version, couldn`t get it out of the case then it promptly broke in half, never done that in all my life and Ive handled THOUSANDS of cd`s  >:(

Oh no Sue you can`t burn your collection !!! ;D  ;D  ;D  don`t do it !!!!! surely things arent that bad.......   

sorry I couldn`t resist that  :-\

Behave yourself! :police:  As if I would burn my collection! :angel: :angel:  (that would be difficult as it is lead!)  Instead I have the top 2/3rds of the ENORMOUS (60' approx) Bramley that was reduced back in Sept to be sawn and split. 

Hmm your costs aren't bad.  Me - woodburner  chimney liner and full fire surround (pillars and mantle) = £1775 plus fitting of approx £500.  Waiting for the fitter to quote.  Oh well you can only spend it once!

Been doing a bit of up-grading of the 'home entertainment'. After buying a new flat screen tv just before Christmas, today I purchased a new DVD player/recorder. It has a 250GB hard drive and you can either record to the hard drive or straight to disc or transfer the recording from the hard drive to a disc at your convenience. It also has an internal 'freeview' and a 'Sky' facility and loads of other aplications. Playing DVD's, it has an 'upgrading' feature that automatically enhances the quality and screen aspect and resolution of what ever you are watching, pretty good bit of kit. Handbook instructions are a bit hard to follow but playing about and experimenting gets you up and running. Quite a pricey bit of kit, anthing up to hearly £300 in some stores but the one I bought was an ex 'rental' that was returned from a local B&B which bought it 3 months ago and never used it, pehaps they couldn't understand how to set it up!, so at £150 with my 8% loyalty discount and a 6 month warrantee it was a snip. Model is a Toshiba RD-98DTKB.

might seem expensive now sue, but once it gets going you watch your costs come down on the gas or leccy ,once you get trisy delivering a nice stack of logs every now and then you will be well happy with it

Oil actually, Sean.  We have no gas in our village (or sewers and cable for that matter!).  Of course Tris can deliver a load of logs we are [almost] neighbours after all! 

Nice man phoned me shortly after my original post and he is coming tomorrow to measure for the surround and quote for the installation.  It will be nice to have the fireplace "dressed" .  I really hate the hole in the wall