almer salmon cheetah beet harvestor

well after the lely and a couple of weeks off, i have got back to the board again ,been after a good old trailed beet harvestor for a while now, so decided on something different to a combine build ( although i am drawing the next one out at the same time  :-X ) so went for another challange.

havnt got to far so far, this is about 2 hrs work, and needs filling ect yet on the tank, all pretty basic stuff so far so not taxing at all. that comes with the webs and pick up parts later on, but going by pics these dont look to hard either.

005.jpg

draw bar moves as per the real one to allow the pick up to swing out

006.jpg

tank on

007.jpg

tank tipped (not its final position mind)

010.jpg

front view of the draw bar positions

transport

008.jpg

working

009.jpg

• Like 5

That included a plaster shopping trip in the middle to joe  :laugh

just found out that I have run out of ram materials so the tank tips going to wait or I make one from ally and plastic, but with luck I will get some more done to the tank loading area and the cleaning parts today , plan is to work from the tank back that way with luck it will all drop into place , when you look at the pics there's not actually anything that hard about the machine it just looks more complicated , I could have cone for a more covered standen or ransoms but that's cheating, and I have something else planned later on ransomes wise anyway :-X

Was that before or after Saturday night Tris ;D ;D

Nice start so far Sean, glad to see you could make out all those pages of diagrams and measurements I gave you that I took of my mates real one :)

it is a good job mate, amazingly i got the basic tank size right height and width wise before i got them just from drawing it out, but as we discussed i did re build it shape wise today ,its just setting in place befor i take some more pics, once you pointed it out to me i saw it there and then

well get to it barry, may as well be 2 than one after all mate

well heres the new tank profile ,the unloading sides been angled in more, ans the opposite side straightened up .with angles put lower down , hadnt noticed the issue from the pics i have because they are from angles so it doesnt really show, but our gav let me know, also put 1 ram in place, however i have run out so order placed on ebay, for 6 more, also a set of drills as i am wondering if the plasti strut and ally rod may be a better option

old profiles on the right

003.jpg

back end missing its ram which means it swings in at present

002.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

got a bit more done on this today, now got the loading part of the system done, and have built the frame work for the cleaner at the bottom of it, just need to put the actuall turntable inside it as such, then i can cut the bottom ring of to fit it to the loader ramp, also got some chain to put the belt together on that ,will post some pics later as the cameras flat at the mo

• 9 months later...

well after a long break, and the need to relaxe wednesday after my outlay, i got back to this again, have got the lift area sorted now ,with the extra arms and stop plates ect ,also started the back end, however ,i seem to have lost my pics i had??? so not quiet sure if i am right or not, do know the angles ect are ok as i still have the sheets with meassurements ect on for each bit ,so if anyone has some pics of the early version of this, the land drive one ,i would be very greatfull just incase i cant find the disc i had them on

001-1.jpg

002-1.jpg

003-1.jpg

004-1.jpg

005-1.jpg

006-1.jpg

• Like 4

will let you know gav having a good hunt tommorrow :-[:-[ :-[:-[ :-[

as for the tank, it does seem to scale in with pics i have, when its on the uh ford 7810 like a pic i have, the main tank tops level with the tractors cab top same as the shot, the front plate may still be a bit to tall mind i must confess width wise and chassis position wise ect it all seems to line up with the meassurements i have from you mind