almer salmon cheetah beet harvestor

Cheers ian , its prob3/4 built now ,mainly the lifting arms detailing to sort and paint then, will never be as good as perfect 32's all brass ones , but more than good enough for me , just need to finish the beet drill and front mounted hoe for the full set up 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

well all i can say is i will try and acheve stans challange,  ut i doubt i will get done before i go away, started my nemesis part today ,the bit i have really not wanted to do,the lift arm fittings, got the cutting blades on, and started the 4 pullys for the two belts that lift the crop to the blades, so far i have made 10 of these just to get 4 that look ok, takes a while as i need to shape the h beam down then glue this round some hollow rod  , need to tab the start on with superglue, which is followed by plasti weld and clamps to get a finished item, .then make the infill for the mountings to go on, has taken me 3 hours to get these done and as the first pic shows i suspect i will be some time yet as i have a lot of them to make:wacko:

A55FD7A2-DB0E-47B2-9978-ADE431D09297.jpeg

EE41233F-2B3B-4516-9F7E-6E2E0C88D9A4.jpeg

0B0FD7D7-0807-4099-A4BA-C80CFB037A7D.jpeg

009E2599-2DB2-4BA8-B213-7C9BB9BEAE1A.jpeg

7861446E-8432-4418-96F9-A566307743FD.jpeg

• Like 5

and the first 3 from 4 tensioning pulleys made, again x attempts per wheel as these are on 2 mm thick inc the sides hand cut ,  to be honest i suspect the rest of the smaller ones will be to difficult to make now,so will probably be discs now, as i really do like my fingers as they are,especially not long before a holiday 

A01117CA-841E-4567-9890-B27FA02CADED.jpeg

77992BDB-D7D0-42A4-9E89-6829C221EA0C.jpeg

41886870-4473-4E82-B87F-F258709A489A.jpeg

• Like 6

cheers john, as you can tell its taken me just a little while to get to this stage, like 7 odd years :unsure: which is bad really, ,but its hellish fiddley, makes the 3 combines seem like a 3 year olds lego kit  :D  think i started it before ciran did his on perfect 32 to be honest , 

• Like 1

Is it really that long ago that I sent you all the various measurements and brochure copies for this!!

21 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

cheers john, as you can tell its taken me just a little while to get to this stage, like 7 odd years :unsure: which is bad really, ,but its hellish fiddley, makes the 3 combines seem like a 3 year olds lego kit  :D  think i started it before ciran did his on perfect 32 to be honest , 

it is gav, dont think i have ever taken this long, but things just kept getting in the way, still got stuff to do,  ut we have decided to wait till after our holiday now for them, so some free time in the shed ,  no idea where them pics and meassurements went mind, but i think i am past needing them now, i guess its decals and paint colour at some point to hunt down 

• 1 month later...

finally managed to get the plastic rod i wanted,so been at this again,making and fixing the smaller pulley arms , dam fiddley and truth be known,prob why i have kept putting it off for so long, has taken me 3 hours to cut assemble then fix these on,to smal and fragile to rush 

E597C285-90CF-4B51-BA0B-AD8CF90E43B8.jpeg

DE7334A0-31B9-4E66-B699-DC949BEC313F.jpeg

• Like 6

On 9/1/2018 at 3:34 PM, Tractorman810 said:

finally managed to get the plastic rod i wanted,so been at this again,making and fixing the smaller pulley arms , dam fiddley and truth be known,prob why i have kept putting it off for so long, has taken me 3 hours to cut assemble then fix these on,to smal and fragile to rush 

E597C285-90CF-4B51-BA0B-AD8CF90E43B8.jpeg

DE7334A0-31B9-4E66-B699-DC949BEC313F.jpeg

Amazing intricate detail Sean. 3 hours we’ll spent I reckon. It’ll all be worth it when you get it painted up.

• Like 1

Its getting there ,  got the remaining ones fitted now , just got to trim the cutting discs down a  bit and then thats the lift arm done, few other bits left to sort on the chassis , motors and the pto shaft part ,detailing stuff , then its paint time , so need to hunt down the code or find a stockist  of the green , the one its based on has all the saftey guards in green as well so no need for yellow paint , if i can find a new better set of rims they will stay plain as well , sure i have some more in the spares  box , will get her indoors to do my decals then , i dont have the patience on the laptop for that bit :unsure: but do to make it  

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

Its getting there ,  got the remaining ones fitted now , just got to trim the cutting discs down a  bit and then thats the lift arm done, few other bits left to sort on the chassis , motors and the pto shaft part ,detailing stuff , then its paint time , so need to hunt down the code or find a stockist  of the green , the one its based on has all the saftey guards in green as well so no need for yellow paint , if i can find a new better set of rims they will stay plain as well , sure i have some more in the spares  box , will get her indoors to do my decals then , i dont have the patience on the laptop for that bit :unsure: but do to make it  

It’s seriously complex Sean. Just had a gander over the real thing on google images, not surprised it’s taking so long. Henri Walker surely is your decal man ? The wizzler ones he did me literally looked perfect and Ian at tab his are great on my weeks. I’m like you I really don’t have the time for the computer side of the models. I need to though one day sit down and learn it all properly. What wheels are you currently planning on using ? Britain’s ford 4wd wheels would look well I’m sure. 

• Like 1

the wifes pretty good at doing them to be honest, shes pretty arty farty , i just get someone to print them for me then, i tend to do tests on plain paper first,so i know its sized spot on, then send the file away,used to print them ourselfs when she had access to the colour laser jet at work,and the paper or vinyl  stuff we got was cheap as chips to, 

what i really need is the paint code for the green,have had a really good look round and no one seems to list it in any of the lists, if i had the code i could get a tin mixed easy enough

• Like 1

neither can i gav, been looking,i have found one that does a 1l tin, but not an aerosol, they are in ireland, last resort will be asking them if they can do a areosol, as no way do i need 1 l , its  that or try and find a close enough match i guess . 

i keep getting drawn to this one when i look at the charts 

DD499472-D843-4750-8816-742A1E1D028B.jpeg

• Like 1

I remember,long time ago,someone produced aerosol tins with a tyre type valve on them,you could mix your own paint,then pressurize the tin,and spray away,unfortunately no idea what they were called,but I have seen them they did exist,??

I Googled this years ago,and got no where,got much better results this time,

https://www.google.com/search?q=Refillable+aerosol&client=firefox-b&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwij-PH7vaTdAhULD8AKHYEYBiQQsAR6BAgFEAE&biw=1920&bih=966#imgrc=_

Regards

Joe. 

Edited by catkom3
  • Like 1

cheers dave will have a proper look through that when i get a chance, .need to get out to a real one sometime,know of one still being used,  but i dont get that way a lot of late, and see if theres any codes etc on its chassis plate, otherwise its a eye sight and pray job i recon 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...