Uses for baler band/twine

Jdeere6910

Was thinking the other day of how universal baler band is in many applications. Also might make an interesting topic  :P so what can you think it's used for?

I got:

Holding bales together (obvious)

Tying gates together

Bracing up game when shooting

Seen it used as an emergency belt

Holding the tailboard shut on the beet trailers when on short journeys  8)

on the loadall because the spring loading has gone in the throttle, we use a spring tied to a bit of baler twine tied round the steering column

tying sheets down on trailers

holding doors/gates shut

next time i'm at work i'll have a good look round  :laugh:

Wrapping around the neck of annoying students............

What is it with students and you ha ha! you never get on ha ha! is it just the students you get are brain dead or something like that if you ever need a young chap at your work let me know  :laugh:

We seem to always get the ones that need constant baby sitting, that lack common sense and forget everything that you tell them within the first 10 minutes after doing so........hence how we had over a ton of malting barley trailed down the road after he forgot to check the tailboard twist locks after going down the track despite being told to ::)

I have a feeling of dread over potato harvest at the moment as he is unable to drive straight beside a combine so god knows what he will do beside my spud harvester, he's under the threat of having the biggest spanner in my toolbox wrapped around his skull if he damages it ;D ;D

An essential item for those with horses:

1. Using as a quick release on tie-rings so that it breaks if the horse panics.

2. As above, but on your trailer/lorry.

3. Repairing haynets.

4. Repairing headcollars and any other tack in an emergency.

5. Tying your number on when competing and you've lost the piece of string the show organisers gave you :-[

For repairing a leaky copper pipe fitting

Older sizal twine for making 1/32 straw (another trade secret released)

For wrapping round plastic bolt threads to keep them tight

for sucking through conduit to allow you to pull the wires through

Just a few that i have used      But it has got to be one of the most versatile things on a farm ;)

I recall as a child on grandparents farm pleating three strands of the small bale twine together to make a stronger kind of short rope.

i still plat twine , i would plat a lot more but i cant get mads neice's to cut the twine on the knots  >:(

even on farms during a long delivery i'll plat twine , it's really quite relaxing , small bales are good , big bale twine is a little more challenging  :)

Never mind a temprary belt to hold up trousers. My cousin Henry always had a length holding his jacket closed (no buttons).  I swear it was the same piece every time I went down to Cornwall.

Apart from that I remember using it to cinch a saddle as the horse was seriously overweight (I got the job of riding him fit). The longest girth in the tack room was still 4 inches short of the buckles so we threaded baler twine through the holes and the buckles and tightened it like an old fashioned corset.  Worked a treat.

We seem to always get the ones that need constant baby sitting, that lack common sense and forget everything that you tell them within the first 10 minutes after doing so........hence how we had over a ton of malting barley trailed down the road after he forgot to check the tailboard twist locks after going down the track despite being told to ::)

I have a feeling of dread over potato harvest at the moment as he is unable to drive straight beside a combine so god knows what he will do beside my spud harvester, he's under the threat of having the biggest spanner in my toolbox wrapped around his skull if he damages it ;D ;D

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: aaaaaaaaah i see Gav well lets just hope he dosnt drive off when your filling the tatty boxes on the trailer ha ha! 

oh and the twine we use it for lots of things theres a saying over here if the world stop making baler twine and wooden palets the country would be over run with livestock  ha ha!