MarGe Models 2012

AJH

MarGe:

We receive many questions about the headlights of the TW 25. We want to make clear that the square lights are NOT original, and have been replaced by round lights.

Thanks for letting us know!

That clears that one up then :) Thanks for posting that Atte.

............. front wheel styling that was not available until around 1989 TWs. You only see those style of wheels in the brochures on the 8730/8830 models by the way!

Those square centres were certainly in use before that - I used to drive a Force II TW35 (an August 1987 model on a 'E' registration) which had square dishes on the front wheels when new.

clive , is the marge picture of prototype on last page fitted with the correct roof for a mk 1 tw 25.

Near enough I think - it is the correct roof type, but it looks as though the shape isn't quite right around the front, and I don't know about what appear to be holes for something to be mounted in - I don't know of any standard or optional equipment which would fit in those places. It is difficult to tell from the photo, but the top of the roof looks a little odd, but may well be modelled from a real one with an escape hatch in the roof. These were fitted in the early bubble cab for some markets where an escape hatch was a legal requirement - notably Scandinavia.

I went on a factory tour of Cranes Farm Road in about 1983, and at that time there were 26 different versions of the bubble cab being assembled in a dedicated 5 acre cab assembly building on the site. There were I think 4 basic frames to suit the different models: 2610 - 4610; 5610 - 7610; and 6710 - 8210 (at that time the TW range was still being built at Antwerp), and then various spec levels to suit different markets such as the escape hatch for Scandinavia, or sliding back windows for Australia etc.

The indicator lights and air filter are wrong on the ford tw25 gen 1 also the cab roof is wrong its a smooth dome not a flat one.

The Indicator stems are to long, the square lights should be round also the filter is not that type.

Correct me if I am wrong but didn't the early gen 1s come out of the factory with round rear wheel weights fitted?

The indicator lights and air filter are wrong on the ford tw25 gen 1 also the cab roof is wrong its a smooth dome not a flat one.

The Indicator stems are to long, the square lights should be round also the filter is not that type.

Correct me if I am wrong but didn't the early gen 1s come out of the factory with round rear wheel weights fitted?

Wow, looks like my position as number 1 moaner and stickler for correct detail is under serious threat ??? I will have to redouble my complaining ;D

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Dear Collector,

MarGe Models is proud to present a number of new items:

1201 Ford TW 25 gen 1 expected delivery second week of November 2012

1202 Ford TW 25 gen 2 expected delivery second week of November 2012

1203 Ford 8730 expected delivery second week of September 2012

1204 County 1884 expected delivery second week of September 2012

image002x.png

The consumer price will be € 69,95 (VAT included)

First your waiting for years to get a decent TW/30 series or County model out and then there is just loads! :-X:- The Marge ones will undoubtedly be of better quality than UH. Shame that I already have them!

Edited by Niels