70S & 80S Weeks Twin 7 Grain & Silage Trailers

Valley Axe Man

Now Britains have re-issued Ford and International Tractors from the 70s and 80s some Weeks Trailers of the era would make nice matches, especially if coupled to a drag chopper of the day too, possibly a nice Claas Jaguar 62/62e with engine on. Not every one wants great fields for great big machinery, some like to remember and model the silage harvest taking 12 days not 12 hours!!!! :)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now Britains have re-issued Ford and International Tractors from the 70s and 80s some Weeks Trailers of the era would make nice matches, especially if coupled to a drag chopper of the day too, possibly a nice Claas Jaguar 62/62e with engine on. Not every one wants great fields for great big machinery, some like to remember and model the silage harvest taking 12 days not 12 hours!!!! :)

Is someone going to be making them?

I dont know of anyone making them at the moment, everyone seems to be making 12,14,and 16 tonner trailers, but some nice 7 or 8 ton trailers would be great i think, nothing too big and not nessecarily Weeks, but Fraser, Marshall, Horn, Triffit, Easterby,etc, trailers with a nice age to them.

Hi Sean, your trailers look like a grand job, 7 ton twin axle weeks would be just a bit bigger then your 6 an half, but would be grand for those of us that farm smaller acerages and still keep chopping in house rather than modern day grass gobbling monsters! Infact now i think about it, didn't you build a Kidd Fymax spreader too? i think it was you that had one at Toytrac a few years back :)

i do have a kidd fymax mate, and like the weeks shes missing decals at present, hard to get white on clear ones made ,not overly happy with it mind so may yet build a second one sometime in the future got to say i much preffer the older stuff to modern myself

DSCF0008.jpg

also got a early richard western dump trailer for my future beet diao ,the armer salmons part built at the mo

031.jpg

Looks wonderful those mate, brilliant detail, also can you tell me more about the little Massey pulling the blue trailer, with the fabric roof?

thats my old 185 i did a while back, the cabs the 2nd or 3rd attempt at a flexi cab ,really must sort doors sometime for it i guess

Fantastic looking trailers Sean, personal favourite just has to be your Richard Western dump trailer. For me i'd love to see an older Easterby in 1/32nd scale and if we're talking trailed foragers my Jaguar of choice would be a 51......Just like this one that still earns it's keep locally every year behind a Ford 7610.

DSC07403.jpg

DSC07485.jpg

When you sit back and think about it, modern silage machinery might be on top of the job but theres nowt like the sight or sound of a classic tractor just puffin a bit of black smoke out of it exhaust as it works hard powering a classic drag chopper drag filling, Diesel exhaust and fresh chopped grass mmmmm :) :) :) MF200 bit different Sean, and they Fantastic Pics David, just a pity Britains didn't cater more for The Classic Grassland Farmer!

When you sit back and think about it, modern silage machinery might be on top of the job but theres nowt like the sight or sound of a classic tractor just puffin a bit of black smoke out of it exhaust as it works hard powering a classic drag chopper drag filling, Diesel exhaust and fresh chopped grass mmmmm :) :) :) MF200 bit different Sean, and they Fantastic Pics David, just a pity Britains didn't cater more for The Classic Grassland Farmer!

Thanks Paul, appreciated. Whilst I do follow a couple of contractors each year running self propelled machines with my camera there are still a few farms running their own trailed foragers. Hopefully i'll be able to find a few more of these smaller outfits over the course of this year. I remember during my carpet farming days using the orange Britains trailed example, even if all I did was take the maize head off it and pretend it had a grass header and have the Britains Claas trailer in tow too. It still made for hours of carpet farming fun...... that was until I discovered a Britains Power Farming Claas self propelled forager parked in the farm yard one Christmas. ^-^

yeah a mf 200 is different, but they are out there, being down this way i still get to see a good few farms running trailed foragers and old single / twin axel trailers makes tend to vary mind .does apeal a lot more to me that 6 jd's and bailleys following along behind a jag

That brings back memories for me too David, The old orange drag chopper, and i had the power farm claas too but some how the old single axle claas trailer didn't quite make a balanced pairing, There's a couple of modern day contractors locally to me but the real inerest is the couple of farmers that are still self sufficent, Theres a Jd with deutz engine on, a claas 62e, a couple of jf 1050s and a Tarrup 602b. all on medium sized dairy units.

Completely agree that some smaller trailers are just what is needed now that there are finally some decent 1:32 classic tractors appearing from the 1960's,70's & 80's.

You only have to look at the Classic Combines website for what are v expensive examples in 1:16 that could be made far cheaper in 1:32 by Britain's or even better, UH.

As mentioned before on this site: What about a NH 717 or 719 forage harvester or Claas Jaguar trailed. Perfect for the County 1474!

Don't expect others to agree but why couldn't UH make a 2 wheel drive 590 rather than the 4 wheel drive that is far less common.!! Seen good conversion on web but bonnet is too long for it.