Hlt Miniatures

Mandy,

I see you don't have any poultry in your farm animals range, apart from the few US imports.

You know where to send your model designer guy to get accurate info on various breeds........

Remember, thousands of 'hobby farmers' keep (real live) pure breed poultry, more so than any other livestock, for the simple reason that more people have space to keep a few chooks than bigger livestock. We see the level of interest at all the summer agricultural shows, where the poultry show tent is continually packed with people.

Poultry are on 'the list' David. I have general wildlife coming out first and poultry for the end of the year. Whether it would be cost-effective to produce anything more that standard breeds is a good question. I am the model designer (my sculptor is incredibly talented, but by his own admittance, knows nothing whatsoever about 'country matters' and he works from my drawings/pictures) and, yes I would be most grateful if you could check over anything before I send it to him - thanks for the offer.

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Obviously pouttry breeds with intricate markings are out of the question, painting would be too fiddly & time consuming, but there are a few fancy breeds which are an unusual shape (but should be easy to model), but a simple all over colour, usually in several varieties, so one set of moulds (say a cock & 2 or 3 hens) could be painted in say 3 or 4 colours.

A few breeds I suggest you Google (search each breed name + chicken) to see:

Rhode Island Red (a bit boring, but people will expect them)

Cochin & Orpington, each in Black, Blue (bluish grey really), Buff (a light orange shade) & White

White Crested Poland: Black & Blue varieties, both with a white ball of feathers on their head instead of the normal comb.

Thanks for that, David.

Here's a pic of the prototypes for our next figures. The farmer's wife, leaning and the farmer eating an apple (unofficial titles - I will think of something more imaginative I promise!). They will be produced with a mat finish (although they're shiny in this pic). Shown with our Farmer's Lunch fig... we all know how our farmers like a good chinwag ;)

008-FTF.jpg

Very nice additions Mandy but can you tell me is there plans in the pipeline for a figure that would be changing wheels or fixing punctures or is there already one in existence that I don't know about?

There is, Chris. Second half of the year I have a men climbing, kneeling, lying on back to look under vehicle and changing wheel, as well as a 'Jolly' fat farmer :)

Whats the bricks and tiles mandy? ???. Think extra hurdles are a good idea, thought of buyin the britains ones but how many shepards do's a farm need... ;D ;D ;D

Like this:

http://www.juweela.de/produkte-132-typw.html

I just can't imagine our modellers painstakingly making up a roof tile by tile :-

I'm with you on the shepherds... and shepherds 'stuck in the 50s' at that!

More new things!

CCTV Camera set - cameras even swivel so you can position them properly! Set includes CCTV warning decals Price £7.25 for a pack of 3:

WM057CCTVCamera.jpg

Fuse Box - Complete with decal. £3.50

WM061FuseBox.jpg

Large feed trough with feed - Price £5.00

As a responsible electrician, I have point out that the "Fuse box" does not comply with 17th edition regulations and padlocking it is quite dangerous, I am available for quotes if any of you require your fuse boxes upgrading to something a little more modern! We prefer to call fuse boxes either consumer units or distribution boards these days.

I assume that if people did want some, Mandy could get them with her next order, last thing she wants is loads of roof tiles in stock that nobody will buy ;)

You're right, Barry. How many people can you actually point out that have the time (and patience) to build 'brick by brick'... I can only think of Damien and Tris! But, yes anything can be ordered if someone does want them :)

As a responsible electrician, I have point out that the "Fuse box" does not comply with 17th edition regulations and padlocking it is quite dangerous, I am available for quotes if any of you require your fuse boxes upgrading to something a little more modern! We prefer to call fuse boxes either consumer units or distribution boards these days.

Thanks for your input. I didn't want something that looked like a modern consumer unit in this instance (our electrics pack, which this is part of, includes a mixture of old and new to suit modellers of all eras, geographical locations and era), but perhaps we can look at that later on (and of course, you'll be my first point of consult).

Thanks for that, David.

Here's a pic of the prototypes for our next figures. The farmer's wife, leaning and the farmer eating an apple (unofficial titles - I will think of something more imaginative I promise!). They will be produced with a mat finish (although they're shiny in this pic). Shown with our Farmer's Lunch fig... we all know how our farmers like a good chinwag ;)

Two more for Leakey Vale! Love the farmer's wife.

Do you mean you have NOT? :)

Can I be a model for a small lady farmer/tractor driver? I would love to be immortalised in white metal 8)

Sorry, Sue... yes have NOT... fingers can't keep up again :-[

Could be an idea... we will need a lady tractor driver :)

Archived