Robbo's Travels 2012 and beyond

robbo

• 6 months later...

A bit of a question for the Massey men out there. This tractor has sat in the corner of a yard for over 10 years and is basically falling to bits where it stands. The paint has faded and more and more rust is appearing as well as the seagull droppings mounting up. I have heard that the 61** series was the worst ever offering from MF and very nearly sent them down but, what could be the matter with it?

MF 6180(1).jpg

MF 6180.jpg

• Sad 1

the 61’s and 81’s were terrible for the electronics so i was told ,i know my cousins had a 81** (number eludes me)  and had nothing but issues with it, always had the dealer round. it was traded as soon as they could when the 82’s came out,polar opposite tractor ,have only just traded that in for a 8s265 recently, they have always had 1 massey even if other brands come and go,

• Like 1

Don’t see too many of them compared to other Masseys round here- which might say something! 
But I do know of someone that had a 6190 which was a very good tractor. Used to run double mowers and a reco trailed forager. 

My travels have taken me to Australia but we are mainly in the city however, today we had a run out and came across this John Deere Zetor.

20240416_103438.jpg

20240416_103448.jpg

20240416_103508.jpg

• Like 4

Lucky guy Mike, Looks like your in the Hunter Valley region of Australia, Home to some of the biggest coal mines in the World, and certainly the biggest and longest trains in the World, If you get stopped at a level crossing with one you'll be there a while, Their over a mile long, ???.

Regards

Joe.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, James Joe Dewar said:

Lucky guy Mike, Looks like your in the Hunter Valley region of Australia, Home to some of the biggest coal mines in the World, and certainly the biggest and longest trains in the World, If you get stopped at a level crossing with one you'll be there a while, Their over a mile long, ???.

Regards

Joe.

Correct Joe although it was only a day out to the vineyards that are also in the Hunter Valley, we are actually staying with family in Sydney 

54 minutes ago, robbo said:

Correct Joe although it was only a day out to the vineyards that are also in the Hunter Valley, we are actually staying with family in Sydney 

Even although it is Autunm there right now, I'll bet it's way better weather than we are haveing,Enjoy the rest of your stay,

Regards

Joe.