Robbo's Travels 2012 and beyond

robbo

Rather than resurrect my old topic I thought I would start a new one of tractors and other machinery that I see on my travels.

Starting with a couple of old Nuffields that are for sale at a yard about a mile from where I work, I am not sure if they are 10/60 models or 4/60 as the decals are so badly faded on one and completely missing from the other. Either way, whilst they are similar there are enough differences to make each of them interesting in their own right..

Number 1 which has got narrower wheels and tyres although I think that these were probably standard spec

021-2.jpg

020-3.jpg

025-3.jpg

029-3.jpg

• Like 1

Then a real rarity in the yard itself.

Apparently only 6 of these were ever imported into this country and this is only 1 of 2 that are still known, the other 4 have disappeared, either scrapped or re exported. In December 2011 a journalist from a magazine came to have a look at this tractor (I don't know which magazine) and it will be the basis of an article in the future

028-4.jpg

027-2.jpg

026-2.jpg

Out and about again today and came across a really unusual one again.

This one appears to either be a County or based on a County but the badge on the front says Barth England. The tax disc also refers to it as a Barth Holland, whatever it is I don't think it is a standard model ??? ???

006-9.jpg

002-10.jpg

003-8.jpg

004-9.jpg

005-8.jpg

On the Nuffield's Mike both shared the same engine and the main difference between the 4/60 and the 10/60 was the number of gears. The 4/60 had 5 forward and one reverse whereas the 10/60 had a high and low box giving 10 forward and 2 reverse. I suspect No 1 Nuffield is a 4/60 and is quite a straight looking tractor. Number 2 well I suspect going by the reg D plate it is a 10/60 out from 1964 to 1967 and also the gator boot on the gear lever. I can only describe No 2 as a "bitsa" ( bits of this and bits of that) with non standard rear wheels and tyres, after market lighting system all round and incorrect radiator grills to name a few in addition to the modified exhaust system. That aside it will have been someones pride and joy at some point and well thanks for sharing Mike.

Number 2 Nuffield is definately a 10/60 back end due to the type of brakes fitted to it. It also looks to have had the front chassis rails stretched and a 6 cylinder engine dropped into it, definately not the standard 4 cylinder lump in there hence the modified exhaust system. Seen it done to one before local to me.

Nice photo's Mike, thanks for sharing :)

Number 2 Nuffield is definately a 10/60 back end due to the type of brakes fitted to it. It also looks to have had the front chassis rails stretched and a 6 cylinder engine dropped into it, definately not the standard 4 cylinder lump in there hence the modified exhaust system. Seen it done to one before local to me.

Nice photo's Mike, thanks for sharing :)

I did wonder when I saw the plated chassis but it did not look as though the bonnets have been extended and well I would have though that would have been necessary to accept a six pot. Looking again the lift arms are not Nuffield ones either..... I should stop looking now before finding more wrongs things with it.

Out and about again today and came across a really unusual one again.

This one appears to either be a County or based on a County but the badge on the front says Barth England. The tax disc also refers to it as a Barth Holland, whatever it is I don't think it is a standard model ??? ???

006-9.jpg

002-10.jpg

003-8.jpg

004-9.jpg

005-8.jpg

I thought these were made in the uk I have a dvd which shows them in action although this one does not have a cab on it like the one on the dvd and it may be operated with by 2 people a fantastic machine working in my dvd.

I hope you stamped a ticket on the windscreen of that Deere for having white reward facing lights on, Mike. .... :angry:

Quite an eclectic mix of machinery seen over the days, Mike. I like the Barth machine, something out of the ordinary and yet here on FTF there is someone who can tell us more about it :) Would like to see the old girl working :)

This could possible go in the tractors of different colours thread but I will leave it here instead.

I am not sure whether this is a Ford 2000 or 3000 as there are no badges or decals

014-8.jpg

015-8.jpg

016-5.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Merlo loader at work over the hedge

Tractors007-4.jpg

Tractors008-5.jpg

Tractors010-3.jpg

I had a chat to the farmer and he told me that he had some more classics back at his yard and although he couldn't stop work he allowed me to go and have a look around..................well.............I saw a real beastie ::) ::)::)

Sitting in the shed was a lime green monster 8) 8) apparently this tractor featured in "Classic Tractor" a few months ago, it is their primary cultivations tractor but only does about 200 hours per year. Unfortunately as he was still busy in the field I had to try and take the photos in the shed which was a bit cramped and the light wasn't brilliant............

Tractors024-1.jpg

Tractors027.jpg

Tractors026-1.jpg

Then in complete contrast and hiding away in a dark corner, a Pre Force Ford looking very sorry for itself :- :-

Tractors023-1.jpg

Ford 5610 that seems to be having a few problems at the moment

Tractors021-2.jpg

And a more modern JD still hitched to the baler

Tractors019-2.jpg

Tractors020-2.jpg

They were bringing the fodder beet back to the yard and running it through the cleaner, powered by a tidy Ford 7610

Tractors017-2.jpg

Tractors018-1.jpg

The harvester for the beet was parked up in the shed as well, a Matrot self propelled 4 row machine, I couldn't get it all in the screen in one go

Tractors028.jpg

Tractors029.jpg

Tractors030.jpg

Tractors031.jpg