Robbo's Travels 2012 and beyond

robbo

Another tractor with a bit of a story to it.

Apparently it has around 12,000 hours and has been remapped to give over 250 HP, it is also been tested at 61kph on the road so is a bit of a flyer

John Deere 7530.JPG

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

Had to go to a village in central Lancashire last week and saw this one displayed outside a pub, can't remember the name of the pub but I suspect that The Valley Axeman will know it

Fordson (1).JPG

Fordson (2).JPG

• Like 5

1 hour ago, robbo said:

Had to go to a village in central Lancashire last week and saw this one displayed outside a pub, can't remember the name of the pub but I suspect that The Valley Axeman will know it

Fordson (1).JPG

Fordson (2).JPG

What´s the story behind the Fordson? Did some drunk customer forget his wallet, or forget he drove it to the pub and left it there? Or are you reminding Valley Axeman he left it there and pick it up someday? 😄

Edited by New Hollander
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Mmmm can't say I know of that one Mike.... A new one on me..... and it's nothing to do with me either.... Know of a few with the odd grey Fergy dotted about as an ornament and the odd few that have them in the play areas but can't say as I ever seen this one

Had to go back on google maps to have a look, it is opposite a pub called The Tatham Bridge Inn and closest village is Wennington

• Like 1

2 hours ago, robbo said:

Had to go back on google maps to have a look, it is opposite a pub called The Tatham Bridge Inn and closest village is Wennington

Ahh Mike that's just up the road from West where my 472 came from, if you head on up through Wennington to Ingleton you'd have been about 150 yards off RJN classics and Brian Hooks model shop on the A65. I not been on that road for a good few years so that's why I not seen it 🤣

• 1 month later...

I had to go along the A14 past Cambridge yesterday and I stopped off at Ben Burgess as they are right alongside the road. Obviously had a number of Deeres on display, both new and second hand

IMG_1927.JPG

IMG_1928.JPG

IMG_1929.JPG

IMG_1931.JPG

IMG_1934.JPG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...

I was out and about in North Wales today and came across this classic just outside Prestatyn and the unmistakable characteristic chatter of the Ford engine. It struck me how small this tractor appeared to be compared with the monsters that are on most farms nowadays. Looks as if it has had some recent new tyres to cope with the ploughing

Ford 5030 (1).JPG

Ford 5030 (2).JPG

Ford 5030 (3).JPG

Ford 5030 (4).JPG

Ford 5030 (5).JPG

Ford 5030 (6).JPG

• Like 8

On 4/29/2022 at 12:38 PM, robbo said:

I was out and about in North Wales today and came across this classic just outside Prestatyn and the unmistakable characteristic chatter of the Ford engine. It struck me how small this tractor appeared to be compared with the monsters that are on most farms nowadays. Looks as if it has had some recent new tyres to cope with the ploughing

Ford 5030 (1).JPG

Ford 5030 (2).JPG

Ford 5030 (3).JPG

Ford 5030 (4).JPG

Ford 5030 (5).JPG

Ford 5030 (6).JPG

5030.. As far as I know it has the 5610 4 pot engine carried over to 30 Series and the only 30 Series, tractor sold in Europe that have a 4 pot engine. 

1 hour ago, New Hollander said:

There was also the 4830, predecessor of the 5030.

Apparently so. I've never seen one in the flesh tough. I've seen a good few 5030s, but the 3 pot 4630 is the most common model of that series around my area. I had one on loan from a neighbour last year on a log splitter. Good little tractor. 

• 4 weeks later...

Currently in Florida Disney and saw these 2 on the Indiana Jones stunt show set. The JCB is easy enough to identify but couldn't get closer to the other, I would suggest that it is a New Holland Genesis that bends in the middle but stand to be corrected on that

20220529_153514.jpg

20220529_151323.jpg

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, robbo said:

Currently in Florida Disney and saw these 2 on the Indiana Jones stunt show set. The JCB is easy enough to identify but couldn't get closer to the other, I would suggest that it is a New Holland Genesis that bends in the middle but stand to be corrected on that

20220529_153514.jpg

20220529_151323.jpg

image.png.1cbaf80e019509ef6e9592808842d4fd.pngimage.png.84be70394c4d2e7e7144bbb73a11a8a9.pngimage.png.817a3a60cc7f6fcd18082f6f6cdbf883.png 

That is a New Holland bidirectional. Built in Fargo, ND. Based on a TM engine, hydrostatic gearbox and TS rear end. Seat, controls and dashboard can turn. Bends in the middle.

Not very common in Europe, but there are some in the UK and Sweden.

Edited by New Hollander
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, hody21 said:

Is that at Kenyon Hall Farm Shop? Looks like it was supplied by Cheshire Farm Machinery near me. Great to see something different for a change.

Yes, that's the one. At one time they had 5 Same's from J & S Lewis and Jim is still involved with the farm. They now have 3 Sames, 1 New Holland and 1 Deutz

• Like 1

• 1 month later...