Robbo's Travels 2012 and beyond

robbo

As far as I can discover these Fendt's were what the German's call the Fendt Einmannsytem and came in various set up's,And still seem to be available,my limited knowledge of German would suggest One Man System,Quite a feat in the early years having one man one tractor doing more than one job.

https://www.google.com/search?newwindow=1&sxsrf=ALeKk01Q-wk9Gk9u9QWZwGTToLtGT684gQ:1599223308581&source=univ&tbm=isch&q=Fendt+Einmannsystem&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjryOWJw8_rAhXBGewKHT6QDfYQsAR6BAgKEAE&biw=1536&bih=726

Regards

Joe.

Edited by catkom3

Known in the UK as toolcarriers, Weise toys have done 2 models of the larger version, one with a toolbar and the other with a front mounted trailer, this was prior to that time, I believe that the engine was a Deutz and the cab was by Fritzmeier (sp). You had to climb in through the back of the cab as there were no doors but the front window would push forward to open so it was quite pleasant on a summers day

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I didn't take these photos but I thought that the MF fans on her might be interested. I believe that it is used to haul boats out of the water and into the workshop for repairs

MF 1200 (1).jpg

MF 1200.jpg

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

These are not my photos but I thought they were too good not share. They were taken in 1979 by Steve Crowther who was working with the J & S Lewis dealership and believed to have been a demo day. Somebody please give me a time machine so that I can go back and watch the entire day from dawn till dusk.

Same line up.jpg

Same line up 2.jpg

• Like 7

In my village growing up there were silage/Turf contractors who started in mid 80's with 2 David Browne's and a Zetor and were up to Same within a few years, At one stage they had a Buffalo,4 Tigers and a Leopard .You'd hear them coming a mile away usually going out the road at 6.30 in the am and returning around midnight. Used Arch timber trailers which were popular in this neck of the woods and they added to the noise.

Sadly switched over to the JD's before getting out of silage and concentrating on building slatted sheds. Must ask them if they have any photos of those days. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ford4ever said:

Sadly switched over to the JD's before getting out of silage and concentrating on building slatted sheds. Must ask them if they have any photos of those days. 

Yes please that would be great

• 1 month later...

Came across this one parked up whilst I was out and about today. Quite apart from the fact that it needs a wash I was surprised that it did not have front linkage and it had a bar axle on the rears. I don't know a great deal about the modern JD's so is that normal?

Seems to be a lot of power not to be using it to its full potential and not to have another implement on the front end.

Edit: Just realised that it has loader brackets so that might explain why it doesn't have front linkage

John Deere 6215R (1).JPG

John Deere 6215R (2).JPG

• 6 months later...

Called at my local farm this morning to find them ploughing up for the next crop. First the Deutz with a Kvernland slatted plough, this one was doing a better job than the NH and Dowdeswell plough which was not fully burying the surface trash

IMG_1094.JPG

IMG_1095.JPG

IMG_1096.JPG

IMG_1097.JPG

IMG_1098.JPG

IMG_1099.JPG

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

I am away in Saltburn for a few days and there are some rather geriatric and sad looking old tractors on boat haulage duties, some of which seem to be nearing the end. Most are covered up but it is still possible to see what they are 

20211004_101646.jpg

20211004_101640.jpg

20211004_101628.jpg

• Like 7