Robbo's Travels 2012 and beyond

robbo

Now that I am back home and on the PC rather than my phone I can upload a few more. This was a truly amazing visit to an unassuming shed in the middle of nowhere, it took us all by surprise.

IMG_8482.JPG

IMG_8485.JPG

IMG_8486.JPG

IMG_8489.JPG

IMG_8491.JPG

IMG_8492.JPG

• Like 7

each years a different collector etc Barry, kevin peters sorts it all out, mainly for the Italian guys , sadly for us we didnt have time to go to the contractors after, biggest in holland apparently , along with a huge 2000 head milking heard . david will know the name ,as he recognised it right away .

3 hours ago, Udimore said:

Great pics

Back next year Robbo?

Unfortunately not, I will be going to Australia next November for a family wedding. 

Dont tell Mrs R but I would prefer to come to Zwolle 

• Haha 2

• 2 months later...

Had a bit of a run out with work to Ellesmere in Shropshire, (CX820Joe country) and came across a classic Ford parked at the side of the road. Took a couple of photos of this and then saw a few more in the farmyard across the road.

Fords (2).JPG

Fords (3).JPG

Fords (4).JPG

• Like 9

Well spotted Mike. That is clearly a man of impecable taste. Looks like an 8100 inbetween a 4000 and the one on the tanker is a TW 10 or 20. They all look to be capable of putting in a hard days graft once you look past the rusty cabs although I doubt there will be much grass to chop for that 8210 at the moment. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I am not getting out and about as much as I would like due to this virus but I did manage to get a couple of photos today. I have photographed this tractor before earlier in this thread, a Renault 160-94 this time with a KRM spreader doing some top dressing.

Renault (2).JPG

Renault (4).JPG

Renault (5).JPG

• Like 6

On 5/4/2020 at 8:36 PM, catkom3 said:

Very nice Mike,But what are those two big bird's in the top left corner,Look like Stork's or something similar size,??

Regards

Joe.

I think that they are Buzzards Joe, we seem to have loads around here.

Sean, if I had half as much in my wallet as you do I would be a happy man, :D

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, robbo said:

I think that they are Buzzards Joe, we seem to have loads around here.

Sean, if I had half as much in my wallet as you do I would be a happy man, :D

Cheers Mike,actually on closer inspection that might just be an Osprey,And the other one a smudge or a fly,??

Regards

Joe.

Buzzard, or Osprey.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Paul Palmer said:

where were you staying Mike,if you dont mind me asking,i see a smallridge bros dealer sticker on the 6115 loader,one of their branches is fairly local to me

Near Dolton in north Devon. Lovely area and loads to do nearby

On 5/6/2020 at 12:53 PM, catkom3 said:

Cheers Mike,actually on closer inspection that might just be an Osprey,And the other one a smudge or a fly,??

Regards

Joe.

Buzzard, or Osprey.jpg

Sorry to reply to an older post, but think thats a Heron.

That 6120 looks very sorry for itself!

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

This thread is entitled 2012 and beyond however, some old photos dating back to around 1979 have come to light and I thought that I would share them as they might be of interest to someone. At that time I was fresh out of college and working on an arable farm near Wyboston and St Neots on the Cambridgeshire/Bedfordshire border

First up, an unusual little Fendt that we used for drilling and hoeing brassicas. We grew sprouts, cabbages, cauliflowers and onions and this little 35hp air cooled toolbar was invaluable. It had both rear linkage and a mid mounted linkage for the inter row cultivator and I have never seen another one. They guy walking alongside the tractor is the farm manager

Fendt 1.jpg

Fendt 2.jpg

• Like 5

The second unusual model that was on the same farm was a converted self propelled Chafer sprayer unit. I have seen several of these over the years with a Ford skid unit but this is the only one that I have ever seen with a David Brown 995 as the power unit

DB 1.jpg

DB 2.jpg

Fendt 3.jpg

• Like 6

Final 2 photos.

The irrigator is by Wright Rain and I think it was called a Loreau or something like that. It had a 2 cylinder air cooled engine that was the same as the Citroen 2CV and it was an absolute pig to drive. It wallowed all over the place because of the sprayer arms, if you had them either side then it felt as if it was going to tip over, you had to have them in a straight line from front to back and someone also had to have a rope on to stop them swinging around.

The final photo is one of the farm Fiats, they ran a number of different Fiat tractors including a 4 pot 850DT and a 6 pot 1000DT, I suspect that this is the 1000 but I am not sure.

Irrigator.jpg

Fiat.jpg

• Like 4