• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well Brian I was speaking to John at the G&M event on Sunday and then when the subject of the Aberdeen show came around and John said he was planning to come up with the caravan and stay over for a few days. I then asked if he would consider taking some of his scratch builds to the show and I would supply my display case I had at Penrith in 2010. John said he would be delighted and Joe had already agreed to have the combine on his table....anyway John said he would be willing to take up what ever of his scratch builds we would like to see 8) .........decisions..decisions. Andy Ingram is just off the phone and he thought a selection would go down well...so maybe the NH 8070 combine the old Massey dung spreader and a Massey Ferguson SCALEdown conversion and maybe a MF Ferguson SCALEdown with scratch built loader and was there not also a square baler :huh:

John I will get the measurements of my display case and from that you will be able to ascertain what you can fit in. I have a note they are 33 inches long and 12- 1/2 inches wide and 9 inches high but I will measure and confirm and send you a photo.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you Paul, Pete and Robert.

:o I must have missed your update John,that Solartex looks the business,how did you get on,cutting / shapeing / glueing it,did you paint it or is that it,as is,

Regards

Joe.

It's good stuff to work with. I just cut it with a sharp knife and did paint it with acrylic paint - it still looks a fairly bright even though I 'browned' it a bit, and fixed it with epoxy. Thanks, Joe!

Amazing work - a true masterclass! Regarding the solartex it is great stuff - I and others would use it for curtainsiders or tipper covers etc on 1:24 lorries etc. I don't know if it helps any but for the likes of a curtainsider even if the solartex isn't painted its always advised to get a drop of satin clear by the likes of humbrol etc to spray on. It gets rid of the gloss finish but doesn't leave it matt - just the way a real curtain would be. I don't know if thats of any use to you or not.

I just love this combine :)

• 4 weeks later...

This is why we named him "Sir John" a few years back.

SImply awesome is all anyone can say about John's work

I thought his scaledown & aerodrome kit builds were a work of art but that's like any normal weirdo playing with lego ;)

I really doubt that future generations are going to be able to beat the amazing standards that we are priviledged to see on here. The diaramas firstly from Graham & Garrett (smallclass) and now Damian & Hazels masterpiece amongst others...Come to think of it we should place Sir John's handywork on H & D Plant's site ;) Now that would be worth seeing :-*

ps Sorry Wil but its mine all mine >:D

This looks amazing! Seen some models, but this one is leading in details! Really great.

Always had plans with my own JadiToys 8000, and decided to build a 8070 as well, can I ask you wich tyres you've got under it?

Thanks in advance. ;)

• 3 months later...