• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for all the kind comments. :-[

Well I thought I finished it tonight but looking at these pics I see a couple of things that need touching up/fixing tomorrow - hope it's a decent day to get some photos outside. Not sure about the rear hood 'canvas' - I tried fine cloth but it looked too rough and plastic, too shiny.

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

Edited by jdc

Oh my word....... The finest of finite models that's graced these pages for a very, very long time. You Sir, are a genius. A wizard. Can we (somewhen) have a photo of your scratch built collection? There have been quite a few now and if a varied amount if machines too. Oh to have the talent you have. Even just a but of would be nice!!

what a beautiful piece of work, which just oozes perfection. The rear hood looks absolutely fine to me, though I can't remember ever seeing it look that clean on a real one! :)

Congratulations on a stunning build.

hello john, thanks for sharing this build with us all. in a word STUNNING. this machine would stand out against even a norev build. what a clever chap you are mate. i know you dont want to sell it, but if you ever build any to sell, put my name down for one. i would honestly part with hundreds of pounds for one of these. your attention to detail is second to none. well done. out of interest, how many hours has it taken to build?

Thanks, all. It wasn't all plain sailing, did have a fe problems on the way. :)

The rear hood looks absolutely fine to me, though I can't remember ever seeing it look that clean on a real one! :)

Thanks, maybe I should grubby it up a bit. :)

WOW John I don't know what to say that hasn't already been said.......but please....if you are coming to Spalding in April will you bring it so we can see it "in the flesh" so to speak

dont think theres anything wrong with that canvis to be honest, even companys like uh struggle with that sort of thing, just look at some of the mowers they have done ,wouldnt mind knowing what you used infact john, as my unload arm on the jd needs a extension cloth shute and i never did find one to suit it

dont think theres anything wrong with that canvis to be honest, even companys like uh struggle with that sort of thing, just look at some of the mowers they have done ,wouldnt mind knowing what you used infact john, as my unload arm on the jd needs a extension cloth shute and i never did find one to suit it

Thanks Sean, the auger sock is a bit of fine cloth from TT , and I had a couple of attempts making the right shape and size. At the weekend Joe (Catkom3)very kindly gave me a piece of Solartex and I think it could be very useful stuff. :) It doesn't look a whole lot different in photos, but I'm happier with it.

28.jpg