What tractors did you see today without getting photos

FB

its going, not going to say too much at the minute as i don't want to tempt fate. I did have a suspension seal go yesterday but that's fixed now. Had a bad run in January which cost ?6000 in repairs and 1000hr services, most of it was to do with general wear and tear of a hard worked tractor with 3000hrs on the clock. Mostly ball joints on the front suspension, a hub seal and drive shaft, gear change cable, linkage fault, prop shaft bearing and new shaft and a couple of oil leaks. Not using the dealer from now on unless it's an electronic fault.

the same as use then we had big probs it whent in as you no to have the head gasket and it 7 pump put on came back did a day the next morning the bloke drive it out of the shed and oil whent every were got the james out to fix it then had a 10 min drive to the feild and he stoped the engine to talk to me and martin and it would not star again it had blown every fuse in the box caryed on he loked like a clowned for a day or 2 after the 4th the gaskets whent and it had an oil leak and thats as far as we have got whith the bludy thing the phoulgh driver been on hoil this week and far to wet

the same as use then we had big probs it whent in as you no to have the head gasket and it 7 pump put on came back did a day the next morning the bloke drive it out of the shed and oil whent every were got the james out to fix it then had a 10 min drive to the feild and he stoped the engine to talk to me and martin and it would not star again it had blown every fuse in the box caryed on he loked like a clowned for a day or 2 after the 4th the gaskets whent and it had an oil leak and thats as far as we have got whith the bludy thing the phoulgh driver been on hoil this week and far to wet

Its been wet over our way but as we're drilling on very light land we've kept going, not many people can plough an hour after 14mm of rain has finished falling!! Both the Renaults are behaving so far though, i think the NH 8560 is causing more grief of late, it's getting past it now, 7500hrs and needs to go now to someone who will use it less. At least with James doing it you had a good chap as he knows what he's talking about on the electronic side of the Renaults.

erm just

MF 290 on tractor and trailer (me on it)

JCB 2135 on richard western carting dung from cattle when i spent a few days with the cattle at lackham college great fun never thought i'd like cattle but did and thats coming from an arable man)

JCB 530-70 loading fastrac and trailer one of 5 handlers they have 4 JCB

The whole of wiltshire colleges fleet in there sheds etc ;D ;D

erm just

MF 290 on tractor and trailer (me on it)

JCB 2135 on richard western carting dung from cattle when i spent a few days with the cattle at lackham college great fun never thought i'd like cattle but did and thats coming from an arable man)

JCB 530-70 loading fastrac and trailer one of 5 handlers they have 4 JCB

The whole of wiltshire colleges fleet in there sheds etc ;D ;D

Dont worry we can give him a numpty :D :D :D::) ::)

BALLS Serves me right for being a smartarse first thing this morning. What goes around comes around and all that. I didn't think I hit the STOP button in time.

So your at Lackam then MFf, I went there from '96 - '99. Studied BTEC ND in Farm Mechanisation.

Yer i was at a taster few days in preparation for september to see what its like best few days i've had in a long time especially laughing when some was scared of catching a calf for dehorning  :D i'm gonna be studying a BTEC in farm mechanisation and cant wait now till september

Good chap, the students are needed. When I was there we had 31 on the course, two years later it was 7. Sign of the times. Last few years it has risen again which is encouraging. It's a fantastic college with fantastic resources and has got better and better since I left. (Understandably!!). You'll be doing the 24hr ploughing marathon then, get the 3065 mate, she's a weapon and a half.

I have a phrase ringing in my ears when from when we were debudding dairy calves and trying to catch the gangley little things. Hamster (a mate of mine) didnt have a clue. He grabbed what he could, to the sound of 30 other 16 /17yr olds shouting "HAMSTERRRRR NOT BY THE EARS!!!!!!!!!" Can hear it as if I was there.

On topic again now, just saw my local contractor heading out with a TM of some description with a McConnel PA5000 hedgetrimmer.

• 2 weeks later...

Back on shift this weekend so may have a few replies in this Topic.

Today I pased an Agrotron 130 with a mustard coloured AS dump trailer.

JD 6520 on the road.

6420 post banging

6310 with loader

A New Holland Dealer from Wales (forget name) with his 6 wheel rigid with a white top 7840 and a 4000 loader.

Oh and my mate sent me a photo of one of four Oshkosh tank transporters carrying Challenger II's over the bridge into Wales at lunchtime. Obviously going over to clean the place up a little. :D