Top 5 tractors of all time!

What's the County like to drive will?

not the easiest tractor to operate at first, certainly with it's wide turning circle (thank god for separate brakes), but from minute one you cannot escape the feeling you are driving a beast with those large front wheels in front of you. Our contractor used it for spreading the silage in the silo.. still has it, but doesnt use it anymore and it has been added to his ever growing collection of old tractors since a couple of years..

As for you Mr JDeere6910... I'll ignore that comment... all you need is high range.. if it works that is :-[;D ;D

In cosolation for that, we have a 230 at work, and actually its not a bad little tractor better than the 35X it replaced, for one reason mainly a foot throttle :P

• 3 weeks later...

I Have taken a while to think about this and have decided on the following

in reverse order

5 Ford 8100 - Because it sounds just great

4 Massey Ferguson 135 - First tractor I ever Drove

3 John Deere 3130 - Again because it sounds Great

2 Ferguson TE 20 - Should be No1 But that goes to

1 Massey Ferguson MF1200 Since I was about 8 I have liked this Tractor It is so easy to drive Has it's drawbacks but that's open to debate ;D

1. Fiatagri F140 - hoping Replicagri make this one day soon

2. Ford 7810 - must buy the jubilee version!

3. John Deere 7710 - Be great if Wiking did this tractor

4. David Brown 1490 - be a great model for Imber/ROS to make

5. John Deere 8400 - :wub:

1) mf 135 ( the most successful tractor ever made)

2)mf 8480 ( a true powerhouse of a tractor with superb traction and grip)

3)mf 7495 (2006 shape)

4)fendt 818-924 ( old shape 1996 era) superbly built and truely reliable..mwm engined days when fendt were at their best

5) fiat 110-90 ( a truely outstanding performer and one of the last true electronic free tractors,proven themselves many times over)

was hard deciding but mine are based on machines that ive genuinely admired and that have earned my respect for their reliability and ability to deliver and all of the above,s sales figures have been considered too.... ( a definate 6th place and difficult to leave out is the jd 7810)

Edited by B O R

1) mf 135 ( the most successful tractor ever made)

2)mf 8480 ( a true powerhouse of a tractor with superb traction and grip)

3)mf 7495 (2006 shape)

4)fendt 818-924 ( old shape 1996 era) superbly built and truely reliable..mwm engined days when fendt were at their best

5) fiat 110-90 ( a truely outstanding performer and one of the last true electronic free tractors,proven themselves many times over)

was hard deciding but mine are based on machines that ive genuinely admired and that have earned my respect for their reliability and ability to deliver and all of the above,s sales figures have been considered too....

Nice list Brian,some realy decent yoaks there.

Nice list Brian,some realy decent yoaks there.

I also put the 110-90 on my list!! ;) A real classic in production for almost 20 years & a very realiable tractor. A favourite for lots of Irish farmers & was a better seller than the rival Ford 7810. You could always tell the 110-90 was coming up the road cause it had an engine note like no other. Great tractor. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

YES Justin the Lord will have me shot with the JD and Ford in that list ha ha! whats that I hear Marky gun cabinet opening ha ha! better run.

Yeah I got to drive one for a week at silage when I was younger she was over heating had to keep putting water in it there was almost a square hole burnt out on the exhaust so it had this big black stain up one side could she nothing but black smoke :) the pull cable for letting the pick up hich down was replaced by bull wire but I still loved driving it ha ha!

every time I came to the end of the sward i dab the dual power on the floor give it the welly god that thing could pull 12ton kane with a farmer blowing grass into the trailer that wouldnt take no for a answer when the trailer was full some big loads I had on that unit ha ha!

In order

1.Ford 7810 III-We had one and i genuine think its the best tractor ive ever layef eyes on,she could outgrip 140hp zetors which were running alongside her with smaller trailers the 7810 had an 18ft the zetors had 16fts.She could pull a 4 Furtow reversible in heavy ground and was able to pull 10 ton of barley.Not bad for a 100hp tractor although ours was screwed out to anout 115 or 120 Hp

She also made the sweetest noise ive ever heard.I really love the 7810

2.Ford 7610 II 2wd-First tractor I ever drove and it certainly left a lasting impression.They were also a jack of all trades with ours doing a share of mowing with John Deere 1327,raking with a Neirmeer swarther,drawing silage with a 16ft Murphy,Buckraking with a 9ft Push off buckrake,ploughing with a 4furrow fiskers conventional and harrowing with a Parmiter disc harrow and thats only some of wath she has done,Its a very versatile tractor and well able to manouver through tight cattle sheds.

3.Fordson Supet dexta.It was the first tractor my father drove and although i never had the privilage o drive ours(It was sold when I was 6) I remember it flying around the yard with a yard scraper and habe seen a few videos of it in the 70s and 80s

4.New Holland TM140 wad the first Nh i drove.I loved the range command and its traction.Although it was more corfotable and nicer to drive it still wouldnt touch thr7810

5.John Deere 7810-This was a tough one but i choose this as it was the firsy deere i ever was on.My cousin used to drive it and due to the fact it had a straight pipe youd know he was coming from miles away.

Theres a few more that would compete for a spot but these are ones i have the best memories of

Edited by Blue man