Britains new Fords?.

Steve P

So whats your opinion on the new Britains Ford 6600/7600?, i have recently purchased the 7600 and i am very impressed, it just looks right and the detail is almost on-par with UH modles. I say almost and i admit when comparing my uh 7810 to the 7600 i can see the 7810 is slightly better made "no join at the front of the cab" for instance and the wheels on the uh model look more realistic but apart from that Britains have done a wonderful job when i think my 7600 cost about half as much as my 7810. Well done Britains i say, it took over 30 years for them to produce a proper 600 series Ford but looking at my 7600 it was sort of worth the wait, in fact im so impressed i may even get the 6600 8) ..

Edited by Steve P

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ive got the 6600 and im very impressed as you say the only thing i could fault is the join in the cab although the interior is fantastic inside the cab,The tyres also are quite shiny so I gave them a rub down with emory paper and they look alot better.To be fair you can`t really copare it to the UH 7810 as the 7600 and 6600 are toys.I was so impressed with the build quality I left my 9 year old brother play with it.It arrived back to me like it came out of the box.Needless to say If he had taken my 7810 it would have arrived back in about 40 pieces.

Looking forward to getting my 2. They seem to be getting great reviews so far. Big improvement over the Britains Delux cabbed 5000,7000 & 7600 before them by all accounts. Ive a second 6600 on the way also for a convo so ive 3 Fords ordered realy. Ye can be guessing what im building,but i think ye all know at this stage ,so ill say no more. O0

If you think of them at toys they are very good. Value for money they come out very well compared to UH and the like. Britains have really upped their game with their latest models. On some new models difference in paint finish (plastic/diecast) I find a massive let down. Luckily these Ford's are pretty well done. Thumbs up to Britains and I am eagerly awaiting what their (Ford) future brings and if they'll do any other makes?

Would love some DB 90/94 series, Marshall/Leyland etc.. of this era!

are there any pics or more reviews on these new releases love to see an in box and out of box photo shoot ect and a comparison pic against the old classic britains ford 6600

thanks nigel

As soon as i get one ,ill match up & take pics against the old 6600 for you. ;)

heres some pics

Sorry i tried to post some pics but it didnt work!!, has anyone else had trouble with photobucket lately??, i cannot seem to copy and paste pics from there anymore.

Edited by Steve P

are there any pics or more reviews on these new releases love to see an in box and out of box photo shoot ect and a comparison pic against the old classic britains ford 6600

thanks nigel

I have an example of the old Britains 6600 from the 70s-early 80s and i have compared it to my new 7600, a few pionts sprang to mind, the new 7600 seems a much larger model i know the q-cab is much taller then the earlier cab fitted to the older model, i thought the 6600 and 7600 in real life are about the same size so i wonder if the older model is more accurate in size or the new one, which one is ture 1/32 scale i wonder.

Comparing the bulid quilty and detail is very one sided for obvious reasons the new model is so much better in almost every aspect, i say almost as i still think the jewelled headlights on the old 6600 look much better then the painted headlights on the 7600, at least i think Britains should look at the likes of UH who use separate clear plastic headlights in similar fashon to the brilliant old Britains Jewelled lights. Also im still not won over with Britains new rear hitch, some of my old Britains implements wont fit on my 7600 and it just looks a bit chaep and poorly thought out, i still think you cannot beat the old Britains style rear hitch.

I am not moaning about the new Fords they look brilliant im just saying if they had decent looking headlights and a more uesful rear hitch they would be almost perfect...

Edited by Steve P

I have an example of the old Britains 6600 from the 70s-early 80s and i have compared it to my new 7600, a few pionts sprang to mind, the new 7600 seems a much larger model i know the q-cab is much taller then the earlier cab fitting to the older model, i thought the 6600 an 7600 in real life are about the same size so i wonder if the oler model is more accurate in size or the new one, which one is ture 1/32 scale i wonder.

Comparing the bulid quilty and detail is very one sided for obvious reasons the new model is so much better in almost every aspect, i say almost as i still think the jewelled headlights on the old 6600 looks much better then the painted headlights on the 7600, at least i think Britains should look at the likes of UH who use separate clear plastic headlights in similar fashon to the brilliant old Britains Jewelled lights. Also im still not won over with Britains new rear hitch, some of my old Britains implements wont fit on my 7600 and it just looks a bit chaep and poorly thought out, i still think you cannot beat the old Britains style rear hitch.

I am not moaning about the new Fords they looks brilliant im just saying if they had decent looking headlights and a more uesful rear hitch they would be almost perfect...

Its kinda hard to compare the old Delux cab 6600 from Britains 30 years ago to the new Q cab model. Best tractor to compare the old 6600 to get a good idea is the delux cab 7600 Britains realised 4 years ago or so. I think most agreed when Britains re-realised the 5000 & then done the 7000 & 7600 that they were are a bit over scaled. But when you put them along side the UH 7810 & Marge 7610s ,they seem spot on & the old 6600 turns out a little under scaled (more like a 4600) Heres a pic. Judge for your self.

IMG_0806.jpg

I agree Justin the old 6600 was i think under-scaled, the Britains 6600 of the 70-80s was basically a re-vamped Ford 5000 of the late 60s-70s whoes csating was only slightly modified in terms of scale from the Super Major issued from the late 50s, saying that my old 1968 Britains Ford 5000 Super Major looks around spot on in scale compared to my much more recent UH Massey 135, we all know about the blunder Britains made with the 5610 that was originally a TW-20??? bless them...

I agree Justin the old 6600 was i think under-scaled, the Britains 6600 of the 70-80s was basically a re-vamped Ford 5000 of the late 60s-70s whoes csating was only slightly modified in terms of scale from the Super Major issued from the late 50s, saying that my old 1968 Britains Ford 5000 Super Major looks around spot on in scale compared to my much more recent UH Massey 135, we all know about the blunder Britains made with the 5610 that was originally a TW-20??? bless them...

Yeah that was a big blunder. A 8210 or 7910 would have been a better option insteed of the 5610. But again guys tought the TW20 was under scaled & the 7710 was about right, but I honestly dont know cause i found that Britains casting bang on for a TW15 convo i built. As for the new Fords ,I just cant wait for mine to arrive! ;)

Other way aroud mate, the original TW-20 was about right in terms of scale, the following 7710 and 5610 that used the same casting was wrong, put a TW-20 bonnet floor plan and cab on a late 5610 and you will see what i mean, my big booted!

TW-20 looks ok when comapred to my new 7600, UH Ford 7810 and County 1474..

Edited by Steve P

Other way aroud mate, the original TW-20 was about right in terms of scale, the following 7710 and 5610 that used the same casting was wrong, put a TW-20 bonnet floor plan and cab on a late 5610 and you will see what i mean, my big booted!

TW-20 looks ok when comapred to my new 7600, UH Ford 7810 and County 1474..

I know. The TW 20 is right on that casting. I used 2 bigbooted 5610s my self for a SQ 8210 & Q TW-15 much like your own TW-20. Some Forum members were saying to use the ERTL TW at the time i was doing them ,But those ERTLs are NOT GREAT i must say. Overscaled ,less detail & you cant pair them off with the Britains Powerfarm TWs . I think what made the Britains TW-20s look under scaled for some was the narrow small wheels ,but slap om a big set of boots & WALA. Pertect tractor!!! ;)

I'd have to disagree on the TW/7710 front.

When you put the Britains TW35 beside the ERTL TW5/15/20 they are very very close to each other scale wise.

When you put the Britains 7710 beside the ERTL model this is what you get.

DSC03209.jpg

Here's how the 7710 looks when put alongside the 7610 and 7810.

DSC03216.jpg

[url=

Edited by SPN

I'd have to disagree on the TW/7710 front.

When you put the Britains TW35 beside the ERTL TW5/15/20 they are very very close to each other scale wise.

When you put the Britains 7710 beside the ERTL model this is what you get.

DSC03209.jpg

Here's how the 7710 looks when put alongside the 7610 and 7810.

DSC03216.jpg

[url=

Fair enough, SPN. Thats your own opoinion. But i strongly dissagree with you there. The Britains TW/7710 & 5610 casting started out as a 6cyl TW-20 casting from day one. The 4cyls were only an after tought. The ERTL TWs tower over the Britains Powerfarm TWs in terms of cab height. UH Fords come from a different era ,but they aint bad near the Britains TWs. Better than the ERTL if anything.

IMG_0720-1-1.jpg

Look at the Britains based TW30 convo with the UH model. Size wise pretty good. The TW15 is a big botted 5610.

IMG_0859.jpg

IMG_0807.jpg

I'm inclined to agree with SPN, the Britains TW-20 was around 1:34

No. I disagree. Messsure the bonnet length on both the Britains TW20 & UH 7810. They are both 6cyl FORDs & their bonnet lengths are both 47mm. Now messure the old Britains 6600 & Marge 7610. Both 4cyl & both bonnet lengths 40mm. The 7710 sould fall near the 4cyls with its bonnet length.

The ERTL is hopeless next to any Britains ,Marge or UH Ford. Its sitting too high for starters, bonnet is too wide,detail is s**t, & the cab is the worst ive seen for a 1/32 in both Q & SQ . The SQ cab roof on the ERTL TW is awful.

The Britains TW20 casting is the better option by far if you want the tractor to blend in well with the rest of the Fords. Just give it bigger boots.

IMG_0715-1.jpg

IMG_0716.jpg

It would be facinating to know how accurate models are from the past and present and what are true 1/32 scale, comparing my old powerfarm County 1884 to the UH County 1474 is interesting, though both appear roughly the same size the Britains model looks more chunky, the bonnet for instance is a lot wider and the front and rear wheels are slightly wider apart, this i think gives the impression the Britains model is a bit bigger, i think we all know that Britains models from the past was not made in 100% 1/32 scale at least in some of there models.

Saying that i do agree with Justin on the old TW-20/7710 issue, Britains introduced a new casting for the TW 20 introduced in 1981, the model was re-branded as the smaller 7710 in 1984 to reflect Fords new 10 series launched a few years earlier though the casting was identical, this again was re-branded with a new bonnet, floorplan and cab as a smaller still 5610 in 1987 the same year Britains released the TW 35, maybe Britains realised they got the scale wrong with the original TW 20 that is why they fairly quickly re-branded it as a 4 cly 7710 but did they loose there way when they changed that into a smaller 5610??, as Justin says i think a 8210 or even a 7910 would have been a much better change, or is it we are looking into what was originally toys far too deeply, they are all lovely classic models i think and even the 5610 has a place in my collection as i have 2, i just dont park them by my UH 7810!!!!...

It would be facinating to know how accurate models are from the past and present and what are true 1/32 scale, comparing my old powerfarm County 1884 to the UH County 1474 is interesting, though both appear roughly the same size the Britains model looks more chunky, the bonnet for instance is a lot wider and the front and rear wheels are slightly wider apart, this i think gives the impression the Britains model is a bit bigger, i think we all know that Britains models from the past was not made in 100% 1/32 scale at least in some of there models.

Saying that i do agree with Justin on the old TW-20/7710 issue, Britains introduced a new casting for the TW 20 introduced in 1981, the model was re-branded as the smaller 7710 in 1984 to reflect Fords new 10 series launched a few years earlier though the casting was identical, this again was re-branded with a new bonnet, floorplan and cab as a smaller still 5610 in 1987 the same year Britains released the TW 35, maybe Britains realised they got the scale wrong with the original TW 20 that is why they fairly quickly re-branded it as a 4 cly 7710 but did they loose there way when they changed that into a smaller 5610??, as Justin says i think a 8210 or even a 7910 would have been a much better change, or is it we are looking into what was originally toys far too deeply, they are all lovely classic models i think and even the 5610 has a place in my collection as i have 2, i just dont park them by my UH 7810!!!!...

Yeah the 5610 aint great at all,at least thats one thing we can all agree on. I might be going a little OTT here, but the Britains TW20 is just a better looking tractor model than the ERTL version, its only downfall are its narrow wheels. Some collectors favour the ERTL & thats fine , but the ERTL wont be getting an inch of room on my Ford shelf.

Im not a huge fan of the old ERTL models either, i have a Ford 8630 and a Case ih 1056xl in my collection from ERTL plus a few early Britiains merger jds and to me they just have not quite got the presence of a Britains model, im sorry but they just look a bit chunky and the huge rear hitch is a bit urm huge!!!, In some detail aspects i think ERTL was better then Britains like wheels for instance, i think looking at the bigger picture it was a good thing that Britains and ERTL merged as 2 average model makers have turned into 1 very good model maker who produces products like the new 600 series Fords that look stunning, im still blown away with my 7600, we can all moan and groan about models from the past that wasnt quite right but when a old Britains County still sells for over twice as much on ebay as a brand new and much better UH County 1474 i think most collectors are not really that interested in how realistic the model looks, are we mad or what??.

Im not a huge fan of the old ERTL models either, i have a Ford 8630 and a Case ih 1056xl in my collection from ERTL plus a few early Britiains merger jds and to me they just have not quite got the presence of a Britains model, im sorry but they just look a bit chunky and the huge rear hitch is a bit urm huge!!!, In some detail aspects i think ERTL was better then Britains like wheels for instance, i think looking at the bigger picture it was a good thing that Britains and ERTL merged as 2 average model makers have turned into 1 very good model maker who produces products like the new 600 series Fords that look stunning, im still blown away with my 7600, we can all moan and groan about models from the past that wasnt quite right but when a old Britains County still sells for over twice as much on ebay as a brand new and much better UH County 1474 i think most collectors are not really that interested in how realistic the model looks, are we mad or what??.

Very Mad Steve. I guess it comes down 2 things with the old stuff. #1 its the collectable value of the model & being one of a few to have a good example of that certain model. #2 its one of a few things that you can relate back to your childhood with, cause you can remember playing with the model/toy when you were young . Im still on the look out for a Britains County & they certainly are making mad money.

On another note ,im expecting my new Q Cab Britains FORD 66 & 76 tomorrow in the post. Cant wait. ;)