How long have you been on FTF

BC

This forum has indeed helped me getting to know some fantastic people who share the same hobby. It has also enlighted me on the fact that I am not the only "beyong help" person out there. Just think of how much money our comunity has spent over the last 5 years or so :) .

I also believe a forum like this can greatly influence manufacturers. I remember when I joined this forum that Siku models were some of the most detailed models available. and if you wanted to have a plough, rake or many more implements you had at most the choice of one model, either a siku or britains. Nobody else did any implements. Times have changed and this forum has been a big part of that change. I have never been sorry to be part of it. I used to be part of a German forum. Not at all like this forum. People constantly attack each other critisize whatever they say. Many discussions are cut short because of either peoples rudeness or some moderator not happy where the discussion is going.

I would like to thank all the fantastic members on here to give me so much friendship and banter ;)

Thank you all :-*:-* :-*:-*

• Like 4

Yes, that is all very true indeed. You made a good point, Marcus especially about the financial impact this Forum for one must have on a hobby. They are sure to effect the amount of money being spent as we all see what other people buy, leading us to buy more individually. The manufacturers are sure to have done better, the amount of new manufacturers almost prove that point as they ate all younger than the main Forums.

It does seem to be only FTF which also has a strong community feel though doesn't it? I think so. A lot more conversations about a lot more subjects. Some more random than most, of course!! Also the banter which we get here I think is exclusive. It's just as easy to upset someone as it is to be misunderstood, no time more than through the written word. The members here on FTF generally strike a balance on their own though, all credit to everybody.

:)

• Like 3

1 year and 1 month to the day,

Only 109 posts too, Hopefully that will change over the next year as I have plenty of things planned that once complete I'll share,

Well I have all the intentions to do them just hope it works out,

This forum has definately fuelled my interest and everyone is so willing to help! :)

6 years and 1 day ;D ;D ..i just noticed I had been on 6 years yesterday and though lets start a post never thinking it would get so many responses and views....sometimes random posts are required to get members active again

andy started on the 24th nov 2004 i think,give or take a day . can think of a few other members from arround them dates, fb , jc and goodhead at least who were some of the very first members on here, each member used to have a number when they joined, and i think i was something like no 63??? but you cant see them now since the new software came in, well i cant see it on my profile now

On the contrary, Bill. This topic is far from random and is one that you wern't the first to think of and nor will you be the last. Related topics like these are always served very well as the one coon denominator we all share is our membership to the subject discussion, FTF :)

6 years and 1 day ;D ;D ..i just noticed I had been on 6 years yesterday and though lets start a post never thinking it would get so many responses and views....sometimes random posts are required to get members active again

Aye Bill,maybe you should,this time featuring the Members Map facility,3701 members, 86 entries ??,Sean the members numbers is still there,if you hover the cursor over your user name your number will appear in the bottom left corner,your 44,Tris is 212,and I'm 491,

Regards

Joe.

This forum has indeed helped me getting to know some fantastic people who share the same hobby. It has also enlighted me on the fact that I am not the only "beyong help" person out there. Just think of how much money our comunity has spent over the last 5 years or so :) .

I also believe a forum like this can greatly influence manufacturers. I remember when I joined this forum that Siku models were some of the most detailed models available. and if you wanted to have a plough, rake or many more implements you had at most the choice of one model, either a siku or britains. Nobody else did any implements. Times have changed and this forum has been a big part of that change. I have never been sorry to be part of it. I used to be part of a German forum. Not at all like this forum. People constantly attack each other critisize whatever they say. Many discussions are cut short because of either peoples rudeness or some moderator not happy where the discussion is going.

I would like to thank all the fantastic members on here to give me so much friendship and banter ;)

Thank you all :-*:-* :-*:-*

I'm surprised to hear this, didn't Universal Hobbies exist in 2004/5? I know Wiking and many others have emerged since then but it seems strange the two big guns were still Siku and Britains back then. ???:-

The first tractor that UH produced was the Renault Atles in 2001. But this one was not produced under the name of Universal Hobbies, but Jouef, since 2002 it's called Universal Hobbies ;) But UH is 'famous' since 2004/2005, the they came with the Claas Cougar, Fendt 818 Vario, Valtra C and Claas Quantum.

But I'm now for 6 years on the FTF and still my English is realy bad.... It's a shame!

When the ftf weirdos all met up for the first time Spalding April 2006 there was only a few UH models, the power major 1:16 had caused quite a stir at the time and from memory Steve & Karen has just launched the first BB Mccomick from UH