What's Your Latest Farm/Construction Buy 2013

Joal Ebro 6100 in a tasteful greenish blue. (Is this an authentic colour? I can only find pics of them in red or blue).

Britains Renault Cergos

Siku Fendt Dieselross with side cutter

Britains lead turkey, (tatty)

Britains lead chicken coop, (bit tatty)

Dinky toy raves fro the old Halesowen trailer.

from Henri walker:

10 Fraser decals for one of Martin Thompson's trailers get redone,

qm range marshalls decals

Marshall website decals

sets of rear light for the silage trailer

from another falla:

set of 4 wheels for my class green 12 ton marshall

I went to the general antiques fair at the B&W Showground here at Shepton Mallet today. One of the outside stands, mostly furniture and a lot of galvanised buckets & similar items, which had a couple of old suitcases of toys. One was all toy cars & similar, the other more of a mixture. In it I found 3 old wooden farm/village buildings, Britains plastic young birch tree and Britains plastic pig (plastic version of the old lead pig) and, the real find, a lead JoHillCo greenhouse, in very good condition apart from one roof strut gone. "How much for the lot?" I asked the man (who by his accent could have been Portugese, Spanish or from somewhere in south-east Europe). "£15 the lot".

I managed to keep calm as I paid him and bagged them up, as the greenhouse usually changes hands for £100 to £120. Result!

I showed it to a few of the regular toy dealers there I know well - and they were all really jealous.

From other stands I bought:

Britains lead cow feeding in the rare ochre (Jersey?) colour, which I think was only sold in 2nd grade boxed sets ('Sunshine Toys' or 'Rainbow Toys') circa 1950. £5

Timpo/Zang RAF pilot in composition, circa 1947. £2

3 more farm buildings, all pig stys, one marked 'ARCO Toys' underneath. £25 the lot.

A few plastic figures @ 50p each, including a Gemodels Red Indian and an unusual plastic copy of the old lead Britains baby elephant.

Edited by david_scrivener
  • Like 1

A pair of Britains JCB 3c's . A good base model for a bit of tinkering me thinks. Well done Britains, well worth waiting for.attachicon.gifimage.jpg

any pics of them against some other stuff Damien??? curious how it scales against say a uh 690 and a likes , before I go and buy one or two, for tinkering with like you for the ash tree layout

Just arrived: Siku Vintage Hay Wagon, completing my Siku vintage farmer implement collection! Just need 2 more tractors for the full set of those too...

A job lot of Ertl 1/64 farm toys, all MOC and dating from the 1980's.

A chalk or plaster haystack, thatched and rectangular in shape and about 3"x 2" x2.5" tall. No idea who made it, but I reckon it's early 1950's or so.

Can't buy any more until next month now... :-)

Latest items to arrive in the Valley at a great to good to miss price are,

A pair of UH 1/16th County 654 tractors,

A UH 1/16th  Super major County super 4,

A UH 1/16th Power Major,

A UH 1/16th Super Major 3 wheeler,........... all to go on the chopping block for various builds in the not too distant future ;)  ;)

And to add to the collection,

A Perfect32 1/16th Buckrake,

A Britains JCB 3c,

A Britains NC tanker,

• Like 3