Whats Your Latest General Buy 2013

Yes its the magneto we've had trouble with with most of the engines we've had. A bamford which we couldn't fix the mag on, and another D that required a new one. This one just had a lose point in it so tightened it up and of she went :) I bet that speed indicators come in handy a few times.

To bring this back to the topic, also from the cheffins auction that I forgot to mention was 120 back issues of Tractor and Machinery magazines dating from 2000 to 2009 for the pricely sum of £5.

• Like 1

after a very brief discussion whilst out this morning having breakfast on the hoe, and I mean brief, felt like my arm was well and truly twisted :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh: , a new 3 piece suite ,weird mind,as the idea was next year when I get some shares out??  that's women for you , but highly amazed at the delivery date, will be here no later than the 23 sept, last one we bought was 10 weeks??

Picked up my latest purchase today, had a good run back from near Market Rasen in Lincolnshire to see how it went and I'm really pleased with it. Its a 2003 Land Rover 110 County Double Cab which I won for a really good price on ebay. Its got the later more reliable version of the Td5 engine so should be trouble free I hope :)  :)

IMG_0880_zpsc0be867e.jpg

IMG_0881_zpsaa324f32.jpg

IMG_0882_zps69abc12b.jpg

IMG_0879_zps20d4c0ad.jpg

• Like 4

Just a few things I picked up on Sunday

New shoes for work which were priced at £70 went to pay and they where down to £35 was very happy with that :D few pairs of socks and some smelly stuff ;)

Picture12021_zps9ae3e491.jpg

New TV for the bedroom. 24" Bush

Picture12019_zps6f571171.jpg

Needed one of thses as well

Picture12020_zps111e7d62.jpg

Gav, super jealous of the land rover...
for me, 
2 pairs of Reebok RealFlex Transition 4.0Se (1 pair black and orange, 1 pair black and green) being able to wear trainers at work is really the best, £70 each but they're too comfy...

went for a cruise round the local furniture specific charity shops on Sunday, looking to replace the povvo-spec Ikea coffee table, first shop we found this, 1950s-60s g-plan astro. £45, about half the going eBay rate. excellent. 

536221_10153214138055591_607131426_n.jpg

yesterday, tester pot of paint for the kitchen, which met with managerial approval, and today 2.5l of said paint for said kitchen. having painted it one colour on Saturday, and being told that it was in fact, "awful". at £25 a go 3rd time best not be the charm...

• Like 2

Latest purchases.......

For the Defender..

A bar and spot lights

Mantec snorkel

2 new door latches

Passenger door catch assembly

Fan belt tensioner and 2 idler pulleys

Pair of rear mud flaps

Rear brake pads

Injector wiring harness, not currently faulty but not risking it as a known problem area.

For the house, 500 litres of heating oil as the tank is nearly empty, I might be leaving here but I'm not getting cold until I do!!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Husqvarna 365 X-torq chainsaw with a 24" bar, will join my existing 346xp and 135 chainsaws. Got some big logs to knock into touch at some point and I don't want to be messing about with a 15" doing double cuts to do them! Also ordered a new pair of chainsaw trousers to replace my 13 year old pair!

• Like 1

Husqvarna 365 X-torq chainsaw with a 24" bar, will join my existing 346xp and 135 chainsaws. Got some big logs to knock into touch at some point and I don't want to be messing about with a 15" doing double cuts to do them! Also ordered a new pair of chainsaw trousers to replace my 13 year old pair!

Chaps aren't cheap are they? It's reassuring to hear they've lasted you 13 years though.

There's still nothing wrong with them, my original pair are Type C with all round protection, the new pair are Type A with just the front protected. I don't always need the all round protection which makes the trousers very hot and heavy to wear which is the reason behind the change. Had to get a new pair of boots as well as the legal requirements have changed since I done my original course!!

Four Michelin 235/36 YR 19 PSS XL tyres from Costco for £ 787.15. Well paid and ordered should arrive and be fitted Tuesday. Last ones covered over 18k and 13 - 1/2 months so I was pleased with the Continentals that were initially fitted.