smithy's collections

smithy

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, mr softie said:

what an amazing collection Smithy varied and a lot of rarities in their keep them coming

Thanks Brian got a bit more to get pictures of that I bought in Zwolle this year but they are still in Mr Goodwins car  not had time to pick them up yet ,then I plan on getting photos of the rest of my models that are packed away up in the loft ,mainly Britains U/H and Joal

6 minutes ago, smithy said:

Thanks Brian got a bit more to get pictures of that I bought in Zwolle this year but they are still in Mr Goodwins car  not had time to pick them up yet ,then I plan on getting photos of the rest of my models that are packed away up in the loft ,mainly Britains U/H and Joal

Looking forward too the rest of your collection and I was thinking you were being a bit conservative at Zwolle this year

1 minute ago, mr softie said:

Looking forward too the rest of your collection and I was thinking you were being a bit conservative at Zwolle this year

I think I have 4 more models to pick up from Zwolle ,I suppose it is a bit conservative compared to what you bought I only went round early on the sunday morning as we was busy on the Saturday but by then you had got all the bargains   

7 minutes ago, smithy said:

I think I have 4 more models to pick up from Zwolle ,I suppose it is a bit conservative compared to what you bought I only went round early on the sunday morning as we was busy on the Saturday but by then you had got all the bargains   

no Smithy I left all the bargains for you as I had overspent by the time I found all the cheapies ha ha!

Another good haul Smithy :) nice to see you got a local to us Castle Cement tanker..... would have been one of the major employers in the area at one point, they had a big big fleet a few year back but lessened it a lot since Hanson got involved..... they move a lot out by rail now, but still have a few tankers and taughtliners of their own. 

8 hours ago, mb86 said:

I like the atlas dexta smithy, wouldn't mind one of them. Did they do any other ford/fordson models?

The only other one that I now of is the Ford 5000 which is ok but the bonnet is a fraction too long not got that one yet

1 hour ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Another good haul Smithy :) nice to see you got a local to us Castle Cement tanker..... would have been one of the major employers in the area at one point, they had a big big fleet a few year back but lessened it a lot since Hanson got involved..... they move a lot out by rail now, but still have a few tankers and taughtliners of their own. 

I do still see Castle Cement tankers on the A14 road near me I, I am clad I got both lorries but it was the Blue Circle one I wanted as they had a quarry not far from me and I used to often be in there cutting grass on the reclaimed bits and because I had a friend that drove that type of lorry 

1 hour ago, smithy said:

rounded up some of my JOAL models tonight as trying to make space for future buys these joal models are going in my sons loft with some of my other

models

20151218_204904.jpg

20151218_205959.jpg

20151218_210052.jpg

20151218_210151.jpg

They are very good model have a few myself . What scale are the diggers. 

The tractors are class 2 . 

Archived