smithy's collections

smithy

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice additions smithy. That yellow belly fergy is a lovely little model, wouldn't mind one of his dextas  one day. I've never heard of OHS models and the only thing I can find online is a company that does aviation and construction models. Is it the same company?

8 minutes ago, mb86 said:

Nice additions smithy. That yellow belly fergy is a lovely little model, wouldn't mind one of his dextas  one day. I've never heard of OHS models and the only thing I can find online is a company that does aviation and construction models. Is it the same company?

Thanks Martin I don't now about the company on the box it says OHM MODELS Doncaster South Yorkshire UK perhaps somebody else on the forum can let us now but I will ask MR Reeve in the next few days as I would put money on it he will now  watch this space

2 hours ago, mb86 said:

OHS Outram Hire & Sales,used to produce 1/50th scale mining models,went down the tubes a good few years ago,owing a lot of folk a lot of money,there model were very expensive at the time and command very high prices when they come up for sale,that MX 170 was around £65 15 odd years ago,

Just seen this one up for auction,http://www.the-saleroom.com/fr-fr/auction-catalogues/m-and-m-auctions/catalogue-id-srmm10009/lot-2e0baf6f-60f1-4814-91e7-a50e00efd913

Regards

Joe

If memory serves Martin that was the only venture they did into 1/32nd scale,everything else was 1/50th,like these P&H 4100 rope excavators,(not all of these are OHS)

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=OHS+P%26H+4100&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0CCAQsARqFQoTCKTSltfQhskCFcq2FAod_TIMKg&biw=1920&bih=969

Some of these yellow ones were all brass and were £ 4.500 new,and that was over 15 years ago,??

Regards

Joe.

16 hours ago, catkom3 said:

OHS Outram Hire & Sales,used to produce 1/50th scale mining models,went down the tubes a good few years ago,owing a lot of folk a lot of money,there model were very expensive at the time and command very high prices when they come up for sale,that MX 170 was around £65 15 odd years ago,

Just seen this one up for auction,http://www.the-saleroom.com/fr-fr/auction-catalogues/m-and-m-auctions/catalogue-id-srmm10009/lot-2e0baf6f-60f1-4814-91e7-a50e00efd913

Regards

Joe

I am sure that is the one I bought unless Andy got one more in the next auction

16 hours ago, mb86 said:

Thanks for the info joe. I think that one has all ready been auctioned, hasn't it smithy ;)

Has anyone any idea what other agri models they produced? 

yes I think that was the one going by the piece of brown tape on the box

19 minutes ago, MDFord said:

Nice little set Smithy, Britains made lots of these type of sets that get overlooked usually.

Yes nice little set martyn bought about 10 different sets a few weeks back which come from a shop closure so that set is a brand new old stock was still sealed up on the ends but I had to undo one end as the bales had fell out of place  

21 hours ago, MadMark said:

Thanks Mark yes it would look good in my collection might have a go at it but as I have only now got home from Zwolle not sure what funds I have left

6 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

That wiking is a lovely model isn't it mate, there's a demo one down here in a very similar colour,hence why I bought it, but it looks nice in any colour to be honest 

Yes I love it like I have said in other posts if I had the money I would have a real one .

Thanks for finding the model for me at Zwolle I did not have a lot off time to look round

7 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

No proleg mate, I was surprised how few were for sale to be honest,used to seeing them agritechnica models all over the show at stupid prices 

I think in the past some people had gone to show and bought more then they could sell at stupid prices and got stuck with them and as most models have gone up in price this year by the time you add on a bit its stupid stupid prices

Archived