Trewny farm

graham

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, graham said:

thanks for replys you crack on jack whatever make they all need parts ,I took that pic to try and show the light bulb hanging down from the beam bit of a job to see it thanks for looking ,what make is your foot crush pat ,that one is based on a electric one, moved on from the wopa

Not too sure on the make of our crush, I'd guess its probably as old as I am. Had a look at an IAE one, it gave me some serious jealousy, especially with the electric winches.

Is Guernsey milk all A2 spec then? I know you can get Holsteins tested for it

thanks for replys always good to receive the positive comments ,the cows are painted britains ones try to use the older type britains for the Guernsey s  gary ,the milk is high in omega 4 pat, think the electric winches help a great deal pat to what I have seen and been told

few pics of the weeks job s and struggles on trewny farm there is thirty acres of moorland up the hill we can graze it but we put bee hive s up there as well so going up to mow an area offto stand the hives on , had a puncture in the feeder wagon put things behind that morning, been talking with genus on flushing two of our best cows so had a farm visit

IMG_1997.JPG

IMG_1999.JPG

IMG_2005.JPG

IMG_2006.JPG

IMG_2002.JPG

IMG_1998.JPG

Thanks for the comments.  Cheers barry, I still get a lot of enjoyment out of building the dioramas and showing them with people like yourselves looking at them. as you know I only show at Toytrac and I have been doing it a few years now.

Some of this weeks pictures. Been doing a bit of spraying and we have also had 25 ton of barley delivered it was a bit tight getting him, in the yard but he has been before so he knew what to do, a local company picked it up for us from Bideford.

IMG_2023.JPG

IMG_2024.JPG

IMG_2025.JPG

IMG_2027.JPG

IMG_2028.JPG

IMG_2030.JPG

Had a delivery of some new feed troughs for when we turn the heiffers out and some portable gates. The fertiliser and minerals on the lorry was for another farm and not for us. Never normally get artics around her this week weve had two.

We had three farmers over from Italy looking at starting using Guernsey cows, altogether looking for 21 in calf cows we were showing them four.

IMG_2040.JPG

IMG_2041.JPG

IMG_2042.JPG

IMG_2046.JPG

IMG_2047.JPG

IMG_2048.JPG

thanks sean not sure he has any Volvos mainly scania r series they do look well see him up here heading down the M20and on M25 a bit  ,not sure about tippers either artistic   licence      

thanks for the comments the white Volvo is a welly unit the trailer came in a kit  which also had a daf artic unit with it they was on show one year at spalding  sprayed in dalgety coulors so a few yrs ago a man by the name of john hardy had them made ,the merc is a newray truck sprayed in massey Wilcox old coulors, had decals for the trailersides but I messed one up in applying them so had a go at making a curtain sider that's the story about that one.  the international baler I converted my self from a britains bamford baler sam just to keep the nash theme going.   theJD will is britans at its best fits in well with the farm will you being a jd man would luv it

Archived