whats your latest general buy 2017

Went to the yearly machinery sale at my local mart yesterday and came home with this. I towed my mates purchase home with it so he didn't have as far to travel to pick it up in his JQ,  it was a trailed tarrup drum mower conditioner which was the same as a Kidd clipper but I didn't get a photo of it. The 4000 goes well for only having half the cylinders I'm used to! It needs a few things sorting but hopefully I'll take it on a tractor run or two and maybe give it some light work. 

image.jpg

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, mb86 said:

Went to the yearly machinery sale at my local mart yesterday and came home with this. I towed my mates purchase home with it so he didn't have as far to travel to pick it up in his JQ,  it was a trailed tarrup drum mower conditioner which was the same as a Kidd clipper but I didn't get a photo of it. The 4000 goes well for only having half the cylinders I'm used to! It needs a few things sorting but hopefully I'll take it on a tractor run or two and maybe give it some light work. 

image.jpg

looks very good with the weights and also having power steering too .. bonus

On 21/5/2017 at 4:32 PM, mb86 said:

image.jpg

Very jealous. Spent many happy days on a 4000, lots of them buckraking silage. I love the song that engine sings, especially when it comes under load.

On 21 May 2017 at 10:02 PM, robbo said:

I think we need a topic in members machinery to follow the progress of your new lady friend

Non problem. I'll get one started for her. 

On 22 May 2017 at 11:09 PM, SPN said:

Very jealous. Spent many happy days on a 4000, lots of them buckraking silage. I love the song that engine sings, especially when it comes under load.

She will get some work at some point stan, don't think my contractor would appreciate me hooking the old parmiter buckrake up and getting in his way! Although it would make a good photo. 

• 1 month later...

Two glass fronted pine display cabinets from a local furniture recycling charity shop for £45 each, bargain! Will take every one I can find for that price. 

15 minutes ago, Gav836 said:

Two glass fronted pine display cabinets from a local furniture recycling charity shop for £45 each, bargain! Will take every one I can find for that price. 

Those sort of places are really good for bargains, my mum got a solid oak coffee table and a fridge in one for £30!

I've had a few bits out of there over the years, the one in town keeps their FB page up to date so as soon as I saw them I went in there as they aren't a bad match for my existing one. 

after a good few years service my karcher pressure washer went bang today, started putting water out of the cooling vents and power area while i was using it, popped the rcd and the ring main fuse with a nice puff of smoke. so out and bought a new one, had to go mid range as it was the only way i could get my extendable lance one (4m for doing the facia boards) to fit as the cheaper ones now have a different attachment system

• 3 weeks later...

A Techneat Engineering Microcast granular pesticide applicator for use on training courses and a Britax child car seat......thought I was going to need a small mortgage for the latter!!!

50 minutes ago, Gav836 said:

A Techneat Engineering Microcast granular pesticide applicator for use on training courses and a Britax child car seat......thought I was going to need a small mortgage for the latter!!!

you trying to tell us something gav ?? or is tris coming up to visit :of

13 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

you trying to tell us something gav ?? or is tris coming up to visit :of

I was wondering who'd pick up on it first. Not expecting one of my own but now have a two year old boy involved in my life.

Spent hours today trying to find one that we're sure will fit my truck, Britax are the only manufacturer to list Ford Ranger's, no other manufacturer listed any double cabs in their comparability checker which was helpful!

has it got isofix ?? if so plenty would have done, we have a recaro young sport for the two year old, its not  isofix but has fitted every car tried so far,via the seat belt ,with a 4 point harness , the older one has a recaro monza ,thats isofix and very easy to move about ,used to get some great comments when we took my neice and the eldest out when they were younger, pair of rally spec recaros  in the back of the softtop roof down  ,two little blondes  in sun glasses sat in them 

Yes it has, went for Britax ISOfix type in the end, I knew most of them would fit but this was on offer and should cover him until he's old enough to go without. Did look at the Recaro ones but this was cheaper. Gave up with the seat belt fitting ones, Ranger has ISOfix so might as well use it. 

• 3 weeks later...

just spent £17 on a autoglym scratch removal set from halfords to have a go at a series of scratches/marks  along the side of my car from someone pushing past with a bag or similarina carpark recently ,plus 2 marks on the bonnet from huge seagul s**ts which had badly swirled/marked it,the joys of living near the sea :) i had been told by several seperate people plus two pro detailers  i went to ,that i would need paint jobs on the scratches plus buffing of the bonnet,with quotes from 250 -  450 quid ,however a very good friend recomended the above and i would to anyone now, has lost the bonnet marks, and also the side marks with a total of 30 mins  work tops, all the marks were through the top lacker and into the top of  paint,luckly not deeper to the primer , and showed something terrible on metallic black but now you can not see a thing bar one very fine  line/scratch if you go right up to itand at the right angle , and i suspect that will go with a little more work .best cash i have spent in a while 

• 2 weeks later...

we have both had a bot of itchy feet since returning from our holiday,and despite saying we would wait till xmas or after ,went in town today and booked next years . got the price down by 700 quid from the origonal web quote of them to, with a better room position and grade,so not to bad really. now watch the bargains kick in come xmas 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived