Wiking 2017

chris.watson

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I just drowned in my own drool...............cue Homer Simpson dribbling noise:D...............that SPFH looks fantastic

I'm already getting my Big X ready for sale as a trade in.....................Hopefully they will offer the forager with different decals  i.e  8500, 8600, 8700 etc

I'm not a big fan of the real size 7R but they have at least put a decent chunky exhaust on them now which looks much better.

Ive not seen any 6250s about yet but they look like a cross between a big 6R and a 7R..........................I really don't like the stupid looking pre cleaner filter thingy on the opposite side of the bonnet from the exhaust.

That being said these Wiking Deeres do look better than the original 6210R with its painted silver lights.......................I will look forward to more pictures:)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Now instock is the dealerboxed Claas 228cs from Wiking and over the past few years there has been comments that the detailing and quality has gone down hill this model just proves that to my mind these are now very plastic, lack of workings parts no engine detail with other parts over scaled like the header trolley hitch. There seam to be quite a lot of influence from Siku. This is only my thoughts on this would be interested to see what others think. Do like the cab though! 

365414D6-1765-4CBD-B8A8-F8B6E89393C2.jpeg

AAF26699-0B0A-4DDD-85EB-6BE16017F946.jpeg

94CBEDAA-7880-4B07-8A25-E23E12924064.jpeg

I see your points Martin, and they are very valid. For me though...I have this model in a dealer box and with the VAT is stands me in at £110. This makes it a very good spec model for the money. BUT... For £220 that some people are charging for this model , I would agree that this model is too plasticky and lacking detail. Header on my one was a right pig to get on aswell. But then again, the Norevs are just as plasticky. 

the wikings of late do seem more plasticy and less finished,  like the rivets unpainted on the header reel, and the loaders they do now on the jd’s . its all the little bits like that ,which have spoilt their reputation for quallity models when they first came out i recon ,i had a glance at the 228 at zwolle and will prob get it, mainly as theres a couple down this way still going, 

3 hours ago, mf135 said:

Now instock is the dealerboxed Claas 228cs from Wiking and over the past few years there has been comments that the detailing and quality has gone down hill this model just proves that to my mind these are now very plastic, lack of workings parts no engine detail with other parts over scaled like the header trolley hitch. There seam to be quite a lot of influence from Siku. This is only my thoughts on this would be interested to see what others think. Do like the cab though! 

365414D6-1765-4CBD-B8A8-F8B6E89393C2.jpeg

AAF26699-0B0A-4DDD-85EB-6BE16017F946.jpeg

94CBEDAA-7880-4B07-8A25-E23E12924064.jpeg

I also see your points Martyn,but as Chris said they were available at a lot lower price,also the said lack of detail isn't mentioned in your ebay listing is it?

37 minutes ago, Paul Palmer said:

good point Joe,difference in weight 244,difference in price,the wiking is £30.00 cheaper

Your right there Paul,except that Challenger Yellow 1050 was dearer than the Magnum,;)

Regards

Joe.

would be intrestng to see what say a wiking 936 weights against the later 939’s and new 1050, going by age each has  a few years between them . got a feeling the 936’s were some of the first wikings along with the 6930’s wernt they 

4 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

would be intrestng to see what say a wiking 936 weights against the later 939’s and new 1050, going by age each has  a few years between them . got a feeling the 936’s were some of the first wikings along with the 6930’s wernt they 

Good call Sean,must have missed that earlier,the original 936 actually weighs 447gm,?? so metal content falling.

Regards

Joe.

20 minutes ago, bluegreen said:

Whats with the Commanders wheels!!   Never saw a set like that back in the 90s when I knew where at least 10+ were working on various farms......................They suck!!     Glad I bought a wheeled NH CR9080 from UH.

Loads on the continent had these wheels Phil.image.thumb.png.0e481e005580a8672b232366473b4a99.pngimage.thumb.png.4cf51caa80a990dfede7720416121757.png

Archived