What really annoyed you today

We have a very sick JD 6910 at work, its been breathing heavily for the past couple of days then it boiled up on the last load of potatoes of the day today, its looking like the head gasket may have gone........I know, shock horror, a JD head gasket going.....NOT!!!!

the laptops thrown a wobbly, was working perfectly last night, but turned it on this morning, its starts up, then instantly goes to a white page, similar to when you cant connect t.o the internet .doesnt seem to respond to ctrl alt delete?? and when it does open up ,it wont allow any control over it. done a full virus scan ect just in case, nothing showing, wont even allow me to swap users. but when i do log on via the wifes setting/account, it works fine?? anyone got any ideas?

Other than speak to a computer guru.....none really Sean.....I just know how to use them ...not fix them ;D ;D

I'm sure Mr Ebbage could solve it for you but I assume he is busy at Spalding as we speak

Sounds as though your user profile has been corrupted. I know you can set up another user and you can transfer all the files from the old to the new but it is not a job for talking through. I have done it though

I suggest you take it to a reputable computer workshop. If they are any good they will look at it, tell you what is wrong and give you a quote for fixing it.

Won't allow me to do anything like that sue ??? It's the main admin account to . After a good few hrs tinkering we have finally got it doing a system restore to a date 2 weeks ago , taking ages mind so I guess we will see what happens after that . Have moved the pics ect over to the wife's profile , but stuff like my fave in explorer and e-ma stuff it won't do as its password protected as the admin account

well right now i seem to have got it working again, has just taken 1 hr to do a restore to the date i mentioned, and it seems ok for now, will sort the admin rights now while its stil going, just in case mind,has taken most of today, bar 1 hr at sainsburys shopping, to sort mind

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrgh! Down in my dining room a cold drip hit me on the head! :->:(

Water dripping through the ceiling....

.... called my plumber "HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLP, I have a leak" :'(

Superplumber arrives in record time. My hot water cylinder is leaking so 2 hours later the system is drained, hot water disconnected and heating is now back on. Fortunately a new cylinder has been located in Andover (remarkable) and my regular plumber has volunteered to fit the new one tomorrow, bless his cotton socks! :angel:

Hair will not be washed tonight, bath will have to wait until tomorrow pm

A Leak in "eyvale" not good Sue....but you seen to have everything under control now. I remember my dad always saying if you have a leak from a ceiling open it up and let the water out other wise the whole ceiling will come down....after shutting of the water you do need to have enough pails and basin etc to capture the water though.

A Leak in "eyvale" not good Sue....but you seen to have everything under control now. I remember my dad always saying if you have a leak from a ceiling open it up and let the water out other wise the whole ceiling will come down....after shutting of the water you do need to have enough pails and basin etc to capture the water though.

Fortunately it was a slow leak - a pinhole which had mostly been soaked up by the small bit of carpet in the airing cupboard. It was the start of something bigger and I dread to think what would have happened if I had not spotted it (or rather it spotted me) when I did. Roll on tomorrow when I shall have hot water again!

And the good thing Sue you were at home when it started.

Precisely and if I had not bought a lamp for my desk light that I use in the dining room I doubt if I would have noticed it either. I went to the alcove to test the light worked and as I went to plug it in the drip fell on my head - and it was only ONE drip!

My plumbers are brilliant. Neighbours ask me why I use them because they consider them expensive. My reply is that they are reliable, do a good job, guarantee their work and give me an excellent service. The also give their customers a 24 hour emergency call number so I can call at 2:00 am if need be.

Precisely and if I had not bought a lamp for my desk light that I use in the dining room I doubt if I would have noticed it either. I went to the alcove to test the light worked and as I went to plug it in the drip fell on my head - and it was only ONE drip!

Anybody care to calculate how many million to one that would be, :of you had a very lucky escape there Sue,

Regards

Joe.

Anybody care to calculate how many million to one that would be, :of you had a very lucky escape there Sue,

Regards

Joe.

I couldn't agree more! My luck can sometimes be the devil's own. Something goes wrong but at the right time, sort of thing. Plumber is here now fitting a new cylinder, bless'im for giving up his Saturday off

• Like 1

sorry joe, but for me today its the bloody royal mail, 4th parcel since the new"leave with a neighbour" thing they are promoteing , and none have been left with a neighbour, today my latest model buy was returned to the yard, despite the neighbour that has always taken parcels in, stopping the guy in the van and saying he would take it, to be told" no" wound the window up and just drove off,much to his anoyance to. que one anygry call to the sorting office to be told this depot does not agree with the policy so we leave the delivery operatives (bloody fancy name for a postie) tomake their own minds up, and your guy doesnt do it along with 3/4 of my staff????