What really annoyed you today

Difficulties with an Order.

On the 18 June I placed an order with a well know dealer for a 4090 Universal Hobbies Massey Ferguson 3 ton tonne Trailer and paid via Paypal.

I got a reply “We have received your order. We'll send a confirmation after your items ship.”

By the beginning of July I had not received any confirmation so I sent an email via the Dealers Site but got no reply. I sent other emails and phoned a number of times never getting a reply.

On the 10 July I got a refund from Paypal with no explanation.  In desperation I tried making contact via Messenger giving the details and saying I never received the item, my messages were not replied too and received notification yesterday from Paypal that you had refunded my payment. Can I get an explanation as to what has happened to my order please?

I got a reply, the first contact from the Dealer since 18th June stating,

“Hi yep was returned indelivered saying refused delivery.”

I replied,

I’m very disappointed to hear that. I did not receive a “confirmation after your items ship” and no note was left saying a delivery was attempted. Can I re order again?

The reply,

We are very disappointed to see the model come back to us due to us paying the courier costs. I’m guessing there wouldn’t be a card left as the message clearly said “refused delivery by addressee” unless the address was wrong on your order

My reply,

I have had many previous deliveries from you, this item was not attempted to be delivered and NOT refused. Can you say what address you posted it too?

The dealer confirmed my correct address but said,

Hi not sure what you want me to say as the courier we use every day obviously has a problem with your address

My reply,

I've had five deliveries from you from 2018 without any issues. All I'm asking you can I re-order this trailer please?

I did not get an answer and no answers to my further request to re-order so I gave up totally frustrated.

3 hours ago, justy 46 said:

Can you find a cheaper donor model & swap the whole from axle..Most of them old ROS models were the same castings underneath..

I have been looking for a donor model for 3 versions now, The Same Galaxy 170, the Lamborghini 1706 and the Hurlimann 1706H all of which are loosely the same casting. However, there does appear to be 2 different castings. The early versions have a cast one piece front axle and these are the ones that come in the dealer boxes. So far I haven't managed to source an undamaged one, all of them have had the wheels snapped off in transit.

The later version has a screw fitted axle, that is easy to get off, even for a numpty like me. But, the wheels fixings also appear to be stronger and they don't tend to snap off. I don't think that the 2 versions are compatible.

The wheel attachment is also different, the early one is a brass ferrule and the newer one is screwed. I have neither the skill nor the tools to replace the brass ferrule even if I could find and undamaged one

I am looking for the early versions to go in the dealer boxes.

Early cast version

Broken models (8).JPG

Later screw type

Broken models (11).JPG

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

On way home from a long week, creeping towards a set of traffic lights, big bang, thought I'd been rear ended, no, just caught sight of big piece of dead tree bounce off boot & rear quarter panel leaving 2 dents. £500 to put right so the man says. Time & place I suppose:(

21 minutes ago, Awdmac said:

On way home from a long week, creeping towards a set of traffic lights, big bang, thought I'd been rear ended, no, just caught sight of big piece of dead tree bounce off boot & rear quarter panel leaving 2 dents. £500 to put right so the man says. Time & place I suppose:(

find the land owner and have it from them, if its the council do the same, land owners or councils are responsible for maintenance of tree along side a road 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
14 minutes ago, CX820Joe said:

(Insert expletive of choice and add ing on the end) ebay buyers who bid on your items then dont bother to pay! 

I had one of them recently as well Joe. The buyer even emailed me during the auction to ask for more photos of the item which I sent to him. However, once he had won he ignored all of my attempts to make contact and did not pay even when I reported him to ebay. It all worked out in the end though, I relisted the item and it sold for more than the first time around and this buyer paid straight away.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Today I've been sent to work on a farm. Arrived and on entrance had a welcome from Environmental agency agent, security guy and chap who asked for a job (hose on 22tonner excavator). I was confused completely confused. What I've been told  farm was turn into illegal  dump site/ landfill.  I was so much confused and lost. How somebody can do it on his own farm. A piece of field like 3to 4 acres where already dug up which means some rubbish were already buried .What i discovered later coz nobody told me that farm was on hire from council. Link to article is here https://www.harboroughmail.co.uk/news/crime/major-investigation-underway-after-dairy-farm-near-harborough-turned-huge-illegal-dumping-ground-1996399    I still don't understand that (Yeah i understand he get some money for that.It wasn't his farm so ho didn't give a sh.t to that). Bloody knob-head.

• Sad 2

• 3 weeks later...

What are people's thoughts about ebay seller combining their postage fees for multiple buys?

I have just bought two models from the same seller, they were at the top end of the price bracket for that type of model but they were ones that I wanted, I was the only bidder for them which would also tend to suggest that they were slightly overpriced but that was my choice.

I normally pay as soon as the auction ends but, in this case I waited for the seller to send an invoice hoping that he would combine the postage costs, I did not ask for a reduction as I believed that a reputable seller would make that decision for themselves.

When the invoice came it was double the postage without any reduction for a multiple purchase and I sent him a message to say that I was disappointed. he replied to say that he does not say on his listings that he would combine postage costs and offered to cancel the transaction and refund the whole amount.

I am going to stay with it because I do actually want the models but it left a bad taste in my mouth and I am unlikely to go back that seller again.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, robbo said:

What are people's thoughts about ebay seller combining their postage fees for multiple buys?

I have just bought two models from the same seller, they were at the top end of the price bracket for that type of model but they were ones that I wanted, I was the only bidder for them which would also tend to suggest that they were slightly overpriced but that was my choice.

I normally pay as soon as the auction ends but, in this case I waited for the seller to send an invoice hoping that he would combine the postage costs, I did not ask for a reduction as I believed that a reputable seller would make that decision for themselves.

When the invoice came it was double the postage without any reduction for a multiple purchase and I sent him a message to say that I was disappointed. he replied to say that he does not say on his listings that he would combine postage costs and offered to cancel the transaction and refund the whole amount.

I am going to stay with it because I do actually want the models but it left a bad taste in my mouth and I am unlikely to go back that seller again.

I guess if you wanted the models bad enough Mike ..you will go the extra bit to secure them , even if it means paying out the extra few pound for the postage.  But the seller should have been decent enough to combine the postage anyway. It was a money grab by him. Just get your models , and don't give him a good rating is what I would do in your shoes.

8 hours ago, robbo said:

A few different variables size weight etc, should at least be able to give a little discount though I’d think Mike 

18 hours ago, robbo said:

What was the model you were after on ebay i name the seller so the people know for the next time 

• Like 1

to be honest mike, the last few bits i bought from one seller didnt show reduced postage for combined on the items, but it did it automatically when i got to the pay stage before paypal kicked in. i always assumed it was all dome that way.this was a non trade seller as well . will have to keep an eye out in future incase its not the norm going by your experience. 

before I go spouting my mouth off,i have just seen on my local news programme, bbc spotlight,that farmers are asking for volunteers,mainly pickers to work,we all know there is a shortage of these workers,but before this outbreak of this virus farmers would have to pay these workers,i am on furlough leave so I am very very lucky,my wife is self employed,only very recently and wont get anything,i have been asked to go and work for a contractor who I have worked for part time for years,but I will get paid, I am sure there will be people who will volunteer and well done to them,but picking is back breaking  hard work,i should know,i have done it, so why are farmers asking for unpaid volunteers

As I understand it Paul, if you take other paid work during the furlough period you will lose the 80% that the government are paying. 

Maybe that is why farmers are asking for volunteers if they cant now get the usual pickers

36 minutes ago, Paul Palmer said:

before I go spouting my mouth off,i have just seen on my local news programme, bbc spotlight,that farmers are asking for volunteers,mainly pickers to work,we all know there is a shortage of these workers,but before this outbreak of this virus farmers would have to pay these workers,i am on furlough leave so I am very very lucky,my wife is self employed,only very recently and wont get anything,i have been asked to go and work for a contractor who I have worked for part time for years,but I will get paid, I am sure there will be people who will volunteer and well done to them,but picking is back breaking  hard work,i should know,i have done it, so why are farmers asking for unpaid volunteers

I didnt see the programme as not in my area, but what you might not understand is that Furloughed employees, if on contract, can not work for someone else if during their contracted hours - they are still 'on the books' of their employer, so could be breaching contract if they go and do paid work.  Perhaps that may explain the 'volunteer' angle?  Many of my growers are crying out for seasonal labour - this is the biggest threat to UK fruit/vegetable produce.  There are plenty of people out there who could do this type of work, but typically they are English and on the whole are useless and have no real work ethic, so would rather sit at home, do nothing and get 80%.  Again, all of the growers I know would be more than happy to pay anyone who is willing to work hard enough.  A local company to me had to charter its own jet to get people in from Eastern Europe, just so they had a few workers to start the season with.  Funny times!

47 minutes ago, Paul Palmer said:

The people they are looking for are people in a position like your wife.....nothing coming in. Volunteer doesn’t mean unpaid, farmers are paying the minimum of the living wage and more in places, based on performance. Self employed people won’t get anything until June, so they can work and not be penalised. Look online for a short film about the self employed grant by Martin Lewis, people like me who are self employed and haven’t lost any income can still claim the grant money......it’s for every eligible person that filed tax returns, work that one out.

12 minutes ago, robbo said:

As I understand it Paul, if you take other paid work during the furlough period you will lose the 80% that the government are paying. 

Maybe that is why farmers are asking for volunteers if they cant now get the usual pickers

100% right mike, my brothers company has furlonged the entire team, and told them they cant do paid work ,or it becomes void and the company looses it . given hes the team manager at the office  he looked into it very well before they decided the best option for guys to get paid the most .

11 minutes ago, Paul Palmer said:

no I have checked,the only outstanding thing would be if my building contractor boss was made liable to pay back the 80% to the government,then I would be liable to pay it back,i have had to sign paperwork saying I would do this

always worth checking first , so much contradicting advice around ,their company legal office  lot advised them all about the work side of it all, hence why half the managers were not furlonged , so the office can be kept ticking over, even from home working. they will swap team halfs every month so they all get a share of full wages, which apparently they think  is ok ? , but its still being checked to see if thats legal. last thing anyone wants to get get a heft bill or something .