Bluegreen 2017

bluegreen

Thought I would start a new thread for my pictures taken this year...............my current cameras are OK  but could be better, but for now they will have to do;D

The pics below include a local farmers new MF flagship with probably my favourite numerical decal of any brand ever 7722 8).............and some shots of Bartletts new Blue fleet harvesting over wintered carrots and then a few pics from local dealer yards in March.

feb march 2017 035.JPG

feb march 2017 032.JPG

feb march 2017 037.JPG

Bartletts new fleet of mainly T7.260s............I suspect theres a few T7.210s on their planting operation and I did see a T7.315 on a huge power harrow working on this field a few days later, and have since read they've got at least 3 of them as well:)

All tractors had smart Sumo weight boxes and even smarter NH blue toolboxes by the cab:)

feb march 2017 001.JPG

feb march 2017 002.JPG

feb march 2017 004.JPG

feb march 2017 006.JPG

feb march 2017 012.JPG

feb march 2017 015.JPG

feb march 2017 016.JPG

A few pics from Doubledays yard with a fleet of hire JDs set to go out to G Shropshires farms......all around me:rolleyes:.......and instead of last years very boring bog standard 6140R models, this year we get 6155Rs with 5 pillar cabs, chrome exhausts and some even have 710 tyres.........I nearly fainted when I walked in the yard;D.........and also a few new 6130Rs also with 5 pillar cabs and the much meatier new exhaust pipes8)

And I think they have jazzed up the roof lights as well, they look smarter than the original ones when the 6Rs first came out.

P1050753.JPG

P1050763.JPG

P1050764.JPG

P1050762.JPG

P1050755.JPG

Copied off the inter-web

Repeating Angel Numbers - 7's and 2's (7722, 7272, 77722 etc)

The 7 and 2 number combination is a message of positive news to enter your life in the very near future.  This may be something that you’ve been waiting to hear or know for some time now.  Take this new information and use it to your advantage and for the benefit of others.

The number 7 is to do with spirituality and the unknown, whereas the number 2 has to do with duality and finding balance.

Might be a coincidence!?!

Yes your on the right path Barry, multiple 7s and 22 are both highly significant biblical numbers...............also 7722 is symmetrically a very cool four digit decal8)

I was surprised to see it all the same, around these parts MF only sell 7720 or 7726 tractors and 7620 and 7624/26 before that...................the other models never get a look in.

And yet CASE Pumas are fairly common in all models 185, 200, 215, 230 (old shape that is)

I'm guessing the farmer in question decided on 220hp because he already has a pair of 6499s, one of the old shape 07 plate and a newer one on an 11 plate which are both 215hp ....so I guess 220hp is as much power as he needs to do the jobs required.   He has also bought a new for this season MF Centora 7382 in the new red and dark grey colours which looked very nice parked in the dealers yard:)...........I will hunt that down in late July for sure;D

Yes Paul its always busy here, right in the middle of Fen land.............that's why I moved here, its a tractor spotters paradise;D................too many friggin Fendts mind you>:(

Yes Bartletts are always interesting to catch up with,  I remember seeing over 20 destoners in one field near Newmarket  7 or 8 years ago, mainly NH and JD back then. And took a load of video footage of their old TM190s doing the same thing as the new T7260s.  Now their mostly NHs with at least 30 new NHs bought in over the last year.  A few Fendt 936s and a few JCB fastracs complete the line up.

Yes the NHs are Pecks Paul.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I visited Lincs dealer JW Doubleday near Holbeach today for a few reasons,   firstly they were advertising a John Deere 4255  which I wanted to see,  secondly they had some other interesting old machines on their website, and thirdly according to my local Kings Lynn Doubleday branch they had one Schuco JD7810 left in stock............Not after my visit they didn't  ha ha!.

Heres some pics of the day.

P1060250.JPG

P1060248.JPG

P1060249.JPG

P1060241.JPG

P1060242.JPG

P1060247.JPG

P1060244.JPG

P1060245.JPG

P1060246.JPG

i would have any of those older rigs, yes even the ford , a generation of tractors that look workman like, built for the task,all metal and simple, not like the modern all plastic scared to go anywhere rounded ones,they always seem more saturday night street crusiers than working machines . and best of all all the brands look different, especially that big deere 4000, i remember seeing them at tuckwells when they first came out  and they just looked space age and dam big at that age.

Back in 1989 when all three of the 4255, 8210 and 3630 were in production I liked the MF best because it looked so modern and cutting edge and made the Ford and JD look old fashioned.

Fast forward nearly 30 years and its the MF that's dated most of the three!    The Deere with its curves, twin bonnet stacks and SG2 cab is undoubtedly the "E" type Jag of the classic tractor world. A unique design.     The Ford SQ 2  series always looked "right" , white roof, white fenders and white wheels with blue tinwork, and whatever the model from 6610 to TW35 they just oozed charisma.     And the MF3000/3600s in the late 80s were the hippest kids on the block!

I think the owner of the 4255 must have polished the bonnet a lot as its nice and shiny, whereas the green painted cast parts, front axle etc have faded with time.  If I had lots of funds I would buy it and restore it as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to butt in on your topic. But seeing your intrested in the JD 55 series, myself and some friends have managed to collect the range, 4055,4255,4455,4755,and 4955 and this Saturday the 9th Sept are having a charity pay and play day at Rosery Farm, Stonham Aspall, IP14 5LA 

Archived