Paul Palmer's conversions

34 minutes ago, paulali said:

starting this tomorrow,my usual bits and bobs,numberplate,weather the tyres as they are super shiny and add coiled cables from the beacons,roof aerial,pictures tomorrow hopefully

Look forward to seeing your progress Paul. How yours performs & looks hinges on whether l take the plunge & add one to my fleet...

okay,nearly there,jobs done as i mentioned before,cab roof aerial,driver put in the cab,data tag stickers,i found some warning decals,so they have gone on,also painted out some of the rivets on the front linkage,and cut a piece out of the top link,to make a hook,at least it looks like it will attach to an implement now,some pictures,im just waiting on the beacon cables to dry,then i will be fitting those,any questions ,comments,good or bad,please fire away, i have also painted the numberplate lights,as britains had them in yellow when they should be black

fastrac 4220 006.JPG

fastrac 4220 007.JPG

fastrac 4220 008.JPG

fastrac 4220 009.JPG

fastrac 4220 010.JPG

Edited by paulali
  • Like 1

I would complain to the JCB dealers for delivering it with dirty tyres Paul;D........................I had to go and pick mine up from the couriers this morning after I missed them yesterday.

The Amazone plough also looks really good in its box, Im pleased with that choice......................have to say both Britains and UH have upped their quality on recent "modern" models.

I like your extra touches you have done to it Paul,those tyres look spot on now.

I see some of the real machines have 4 wheel steering would have been nice if britains added that on the rear axle but it looks fantastic very tempted myself got good conversion potential I think. p.s Your weight is in the post mate

okay,with the wheels,more luck than judgement Mark,but they come off like the old or still perhaps the new ones on siku tractors,the hub and part of the wheel are all one piece,held by 2 pins,remove that,then there is a philips screw holding the wheel on,you also have to remove the rear wheels,twist in opposite directions,mine were stuck like **** to a blanket,you have to remove them as you have to undo all the screws,3 on one side,cant remember if left or right side,then 2 screws underneath,you have to remove all screws,there is no shortcuts,then you have to gently split the chassis apart to remove the cab,the rear linkage will fall out,undoing the 2 bottom screws releases the box thing behind the cab,the other screw holds on the bonnet,so be careful when you undo these,hope this helps,and put the cheque in the post mate;)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MadMark said:

All we need now is for someone to make a set of rowcrop wheels for it , would love to do the set up in the brochure with the potato harvester on it.

What diameter are the wheels on the 4220,and are the fronts and rears same size,??

Regards

Joe.