Paul Palmer's conversions

1 hour ago, Paul Palmer said:

Next job on the list is to try and get the cab off, the cab and floorpan come off easy enough its getting the cab away from the floorpan.The cab has tabs above the rear wheels like uh models but not screwed, the tabs are glued so that will be attempted at the weekend 

Something like this might be of some use there Paul, Superglue debonder,

Regards

Joe.

Debonder.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Paul Palmer said:

Ok, first job and a fiddly one, there were no holes in the clevis so with a very small drill bit i drilled through the clevis and added a tow pin, i have in the pictures mocked up the wheels from the atlas ford 5000 and added the original tyres and mocked up the exhaust, this is if i do a 885XL version which i know wont be accurate, but i might be doing a 856XL

IMG_7356.jpeg

IMG_7357.jpeg

IMG_7362.jpeg

IMG_7363.jpeg

IMG_7364.jpeg

The rims look good now Paul. Did the Replicagri tyres fit the Atlas rims after?  You have it close enough now. 

Screenshot_20240510_074816_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.jpg

45 minutes ago, justy 46 said:

The rims look good now Paul. Did the Replicagri tyres fit the Atlas rims after?  You have it close enough now. 

Screenshot_20240510_074816_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.jpg

Yes thanksJustin,the pictures show the atlas wheels with the replicagri tyres on them👍

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Well after some chats with John [844john] the replicagri 845 is not remotely close to a 885, but, sorry John 🤦‍♂️ i still went ahead to get it as close as my skills would let me, its to long but im not going to cut and shut it, so i have altered the front grill, not my finest work i may add, put gear sticks and handbrake on the correct side, removed the pto clutch as that was wrong.Also i have painted the cab roof grills, painted the fuel tank black, and added a driver. I have  made the front weights removable,changed the exhaust, thanks to Justin for the adivce there, i need to spray the rear wheels and add a numberplate, i know it is not a correct 885XL but it will do, it could have been a 856XL but i never seen one down this way where i did see a couple of 885’S, your advice was not wasted John and thanks to Justin as well, picking up the paint for the wheels when it comes in this week

IMG_7415.jpeg

IMG_7410.jpeg

IMG_7409.jpeg

IMG_7411.jpeg

IMG_7403.jpeg

IMG_7416.jpeg

Edited by Paul Palmer
  • Like 4

Well after some chats with John [844john] the replicagri 845 is not remotely close to a 885, but, sorry John 🤦‍♂️ i still went ahead to get it as close as my skills would let me, its to long but im not going to cut and shut it, so i have altered the front grill, not my finest work i may add, put gear sticks and handbrake on the correct side, removed the pto clutch as that was wrong.Also i have painted the cab roof grills, painted the fuel tank black, and added a driver. I have  made the front weights removable,changed the exhaust, thanks to Justin for the adivce there, i need to spray the rear wheels and add a numberplate, i know it is not a correct 885XL but it will do, it could have been a 856XL but i never seen one down this way where i did see a couple of 885’S, your advice was not wasted John and thanks to Justin as well, picking up the paint for the wheels when it comes in this week

IMG_7415.jpeg

IMG_7410.jpeg

IMG_7409.jpeg

IMG_7411.jpeg

IMG_7403.jpeg

IMG_7416.jpeg

Good job on the front grill and lights Paul.. 

To be quite honest Paul, in 2wd it doesn’t look that far off at all really, it would never have worked as a 4wd which is what I thought you were doing initially, but then we’ve had that discussion about grills😉🤣

😂yes we have John, thanks again, you have been a massive help👍👍

here she is back together, have to add the rear top link mount and rear top link, spray wheels and bonnet decals to come from Henri Walker

IMG_7427.jpeg

IMG_7426.jpeg

IMG_7422.jpeg

IMG_7424.jpeg

IMG_7425.jpeg

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, justy 46 said:

Good job on the front grill and lights Paul.. 

thanks Justin, could be better, and again thanks for the recommendation for what exhaust to use, it looks good, going to try and add a rain cap to it👍👍 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Im getting Henri to bring the international lettering closer to the cab but keep the numbers where they are so it will be a bigger gap between the letters and numbers

Edited by Paul Palmer
Spelling

And one more thing to do, paint black around the ih emblem on the front grill,sorry Justin nicked your photo

IMG_7428.png

When I took that pic today... I tought of you straight away Paul.. 😅👍

17 minutes ago, IH885XLMAN said:

Wow paul mate that grille looks spot on how did u get the 885 grille irs real good mate 

Its just a piece of thin cardboard Simon painted black,2 jewel headlights and a sharpie silver pen, im not overly happy with it really

11 minutes ago, IH885XLMAN said:

Ive got  casts of  doncastee square wieghts that look more uk than the euro speck  wwighrs replicagri put on  pailul

Thanks Simon but im sorted for uk front weights but thanks for the offer

Looking good! Nice job on the grill. Just seeing John's comment about it working better in 2wd, which makes sense, makes me realise because my 785 is a 2wd, that's the image in my head