Challenger tractors leaving European market

dave the farmer

That's what they will do Mark,  I'm told the "F" series is launching at Agritechnica.   Pictures online show what looks like a Challenger with a Fendt 1050 bonnet and revised roof.

Personally my Challenger 775E is my favourite model and real machine currently, I will be disappointed to see them replaced by a green Fendt !   I was never a big Fendt fan (although I did try:rolleyes:)  and now even less so.

34 minutes ago, bluegreen said:

That's what they will do Mark,  I'm told the "F" series is launching at Agritechnica.   Pictures online show what looks like a Challenger with a Fendt 1050 bonnet and revised roof.

Personally my Challenger 775E is my favourite model and real machine currently, I will be disappointed to see them replaced by a green Fendt !   I was never a big Fendt fan (although I did try:rolleyes:)  and now even less so.

shame to see them go and i do like fendts but it wont be the same in fendt green

12 hours ago, justy 46 said:

Never seen any Challenger in the flesh .. EVER !!! ^-^

There's one in Enniscorthy, only used for drilling. There was also one near Athy back in the mid 90s, owned by a Corkman.

1 hour ago, SPN said:

There's one in Enniscorthy, only used for drilling. There was also one near Athy back in the mid 90s, owned by a Corkman.

None in Cork anyways SPN ...and non in all if Munster I'd say for that matter . Not sure of the rest if the country !!

10 hours ago, justy 46 said:

None in Cork anyways SPN ...and non in all if Munster I'd say for that matter . Not sure of the rest if the country !!

The Corkman has moved on a bit since the 1990s.
http://www.independent.ie/business/farming/farmer-with-a-novel-way-of-working-the-land-29983777.html

I'm not aware of any others. There were a few JDs on tracks in North County Dublin in the mid noughties. Michael Hoey had one. I think he might have had a Challenger too.

What is Billy Coleman running as prime mover?

39 minutes ago, SPN said:

http://www.independent.ie/business/farming/farmer-with-a-novel-way-of-working-the-land-29983777.html

I'm not aware of any others. There were a few JDs on tracks in North County Dublin in the mid noughties. Michael Hoey had one. I think he might have had a Challenger too.

A retro Rothmans Porsche 911 rally car in Killarney a few weeks ago at a classic rally car run !! ;D That's Billy's mover .  Billy's family own a New Holland dealership in Millstreet . Same place were my uncle buys all his tractors over the last 5 decades !! Billy tested his rally cars during the 80's on the road passing our house when I was a young lad . The road was closed fir the testing obviously . ;D both me & my dad often sat in for a fast spin . ;D . Anyways better stay on topic . Billy probably has a NH T7 of some sort , no Big Cat SPN !!;)

• 2 months later...
On 4/27/2017 at 5:32 PM, SPN said:

As far as I know he had or had a T8040 at one stage anyway 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived