Whats your latest general buy 2018

Now the proud owner of this Leyland, i've been informed by a previous owner its a 262 with wrong decals on, needs a bit of a tidy up but should be a good starting point for a project :) Was an interesting drive home to say the least its a pig on the road!

35342452_1737996006286503_838966821267701760_n.thumb.jpg.26d0d78e7d72cbafe7676c7a3dc7c494.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

10 speed or Syncro?

I used to draw silage with a 272 Syncro many years ago. It replaced a Fritz cab 3600, so was a big step up in many ways. Lots of positives, but I never liked it on the road with a load on.

49 minutes ago, SPN said:

10 speed or Syncro?

I used to draw silage with a 272 Syncro many years ago. It replaced a Fritz cab 3600, so was a big step up in many ways. Lots of positives, but I never liked it on the road with a load on.

the brakes on them take a bit of mastering , ones ive used used to ****** on and you had to anticipate whether it would pull to the left  or the right 

3 hours ago, Anderson Agri said:

Now the proud owner of this Leyland, i've been informed by a previous owner its a 262 with wrong decals on, needs a bit of a tidy up but should be a good starting point for a project :) Was an interesting drive home to say the least its a pig on the road!

35342452_1737996006286503_838966821267701760_n.thumb.jpg.26d0d78e7d72cbafe7676c7a3dc7c494.jpg

Tidy looking tractor Zac, :) looks straight and not too battered,  If she's a 10 speed  (gearsticks between your legs) she'll be fairly wick on the road but if you want to speed her up abit more there's a couple of gears to swap in the back end and she'll be the equivilent of an "H" which will fly if you get the steering and brakes good before you open her up ;)

3 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Tidy looking tractor Zac, :) looks straight and not too battered,  If she's a 10 speed  (gearsticks between your legs) she'll be fairly wick on the road but if you want to speed her up abit more there's a couple of gears to swap in the back end and she'll be the equivilent of an "H" which will fly if you get the steering and brakes good before you open her up ;)

Thanks yeah its fairly straight, It is indeed 10 speed, won't need to go any faster parents following me in car said i was doing 28mph on flat and 31mph downhill ha ha!! Even set a speed warning off in a village :O Meanwhile me thinking it was 30k hahah.

5 hours ago, dm434 said:

the brakes on them take a bit of mastering , ones ive used used to ****** on and you had to anticipate whether it would pull to the left  or the right 

The brakes on this are non existent, i tried to pull into a lay by going down a hill and sailed straight passed it with the pedal fully down ha ha! bit of a panic!

9 hours ago, Anderson Agri said:

The brakes on this are non existent, i tried to pull into a lay by going down a hill and sailed straight passed it with the pedal fully down ha ha! bit of a panic!

There's a parts book about somewhere here for a  Leyland 270, for all intents and purposes of is the same tractor as the 10 speed 262/72. i'll see if i can find it Zac, might be of use to you ;)

Thanks, the chap i bought it from has a PDF copy of the manual i'm just waiting on him to send it through, i'm also going to buy a print one as its a lot easier, found one on ebay for just over a tenner. I'm going up to the field today so will get a few more pictures of it :)

Bought a newer 2012 Corsa S ecoflex on Monday, to get to work, it's a bit rough on the exterior, but can't turn down a good bargain. I'm hopefully collecting at the end of the week. :-

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

Surcumb to the heat and bought a dyson am07 tower fan, have a desk top one in the bedroom and it makes a hell of a difference , and its so quite 

We've just got the desk fan for the bedroom expensive but worth the money timer function is great.

1 hour ago, Zebedee said:

We've just got the desk fan for the bedroom expensive but worth the money timer function is great.

bought the desk one jan this year, from dyson ebay outlet, was last years blue model,  but  was down to under 175, then i had that 75%of ebay voucher arrive and ,well nough said, got it for just under 100 in the end 

• 2 months later...

Got this after a lot of looking at it and thinking 52 quid was a bit steep...there is a new edition coming out next month but this one was only £18 ish on Amazon on Sunday so couldn't resist.  Went back up to 52 the next day as well! 

20180918_185501.jpg

On 9/19/2018 at 9:41 AM, super6 said:

What make/manufacturer?

Spares availability?

From the photo on Ebay it is a Charrues Goizin Doucet, spares are available through KRAMP down in Exeter so should be covered in that aspect. Cant find anything online about that particular model found a few bigger ploughs

• 2 weeks later...

After resisting for a little while, I thought it time to get myself another of these, I've had Fourtrak's for 25 years or so now, but not had one on the road for a few years, having moved on to pick-up's, but I've always missed them, so I decided it was time to get another before they eventually all disappear. It'll keep the pick-up out of the salt this winter anyway!:D

WP_20181001_14_09_16_Pro (2).jpg

WP_20181001_14_09_54_Pro.jpg

WP_20181001_14_10_15_Pro (2).jpg

WP_20181001_14_13_42_Pro.jpg

21 minutes ago, Gav836 said:

I’ve had two of them as well in my time, why on earth they stopped making them I’ll never know. They were fantastically reliable little trucks. 

I agree 100% Gavin, including the old girl in the last picture that was bought to replace the quad in the dry months ( much less nick-able!!;)) I've had seven of them, if they started building them again i would buy a new one tomorrow! 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

just sorted the transport out for our trip to london in march,just saved a fortune as well, was planning to go by trains, but theres engineering works ect, putting a extra 1 and a half hours on each way ,so after a quick search we are now flying up from exeter, and even with the 3 days car parking, its cost us less than the train, by a good 50 quid, under 120 quid for both of us on their sale tickets ,seats picked and car park . ,and right into london city so cheap to get into the centre with the oyster  cards and tube 

Archived