Marge models 2018

catkom3

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the arrival of the tractor, a lot of the machinery was converted from horse to tractor power. We too had a four wheeled trailer, much like this one but then in green en orange, that used to be pulled by horses. We did use it for a fair while as a hay trailer just like the Miedema here. That the Miedema trailer looks like horse trailer isn't strange because the idea stays the same. Later you saw lorries converted into trailers as a cheap way to get more capacity.

indeed ,i can remember when i was younger at least 2 old flatbed dolly trailers like that ,that we used for bales,both were horse drawn and converted to a draw bar, why waste a good trailer,at least one was still with us in the back of a barn with timber on when we sold up from memory,no idea where the other went , 

• 3 weeks later...

Ooh yes,

2 hours ago, mb86 said:

I like the look of this. Photo and info courtesy of 32 model news on Facebook. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

I like the look of that a lot, a sensible sized wagtail has been missing for a long time now, after all, how many livestock farms still use one or have owned one over the years

31 minutes ago, 844john said:

Ooh yes,

I like the look of that a lot, a sensible sized wagtail has been missing for a long time now, after all, how many livestock farms still use one or have owned one over the years

Absolutely john, I should think every farm has had one at some point over the years, still use one just like it here. 

Now, who is going to Zwolle???;)

39 minutes ago, FendtFarmer said:

I thought universal hobbies were bringing one out or is there some confusion? 

As nick says the UH one is an older, smaller spreader Ben, only pic I can find from UH is below. 

image.jpg

12 hours ago, 844john said:

Ooh yes,

Still loads of them just over here in Ireland in use every year. All different sizes and ages 

In fairness to MarGe and I know both of them well enough at this stage from my Instagram account, they are churning out new editions or variants almost weekly it nearly seems. Even with just 6 weeks to go to Xmas they ll have 7-8 new releases ... 

other brands have announced models expected in 2018 and no sign yet .. 

Back in the 80's we went threw 2 of them . I remember the first one cracking at the bottom of the hopper . The plastic hopper might only last a few years before it needed replacing .. still a few around tough . They came in handy for salt spreading on roads in the bad winters . Any farmer that had one was doing it . :D

Interesting news from the Marge Facebook page,wonder what the Anniversary model will be,and the Trioliet prototype,??

" <<Nl>>Kom and visit us at the l.c.n. landbouwminiaturenbeurs in the ijsselhallen in zwolle. We are on our stand on Saturday 17 November with the sale of our anniversary model in honor of our 10th Anniversary!
We also have the color samples of the vervaet hydrotrike that will be available at the beginning of next year and in addition we have a trioliet prototype which is certainly worth it!

** from this year you can also pin with us **

<<EN>> Please feel welcome to visit our stand at L.C.N. show at the IJsselhallen in Zwolle. We will be there on Saturday (Nov 17th) with lots of news to show and to sell! You can purchase our special 10-years-anniversary model, you can have a look at the Vervaet Hydrotrike color samples, models that will be available early next year and also we have a Trioliet prototype which is absolutely worth looking at!

**Payment by bank card is now also possible**

Regards

Joe.

Archived