SPN's Collection

SPN

Continuing with the really old stuff.

Transport Box set for the Super Major. 99p Reunited with its box and load after many years.

Timber Trailer 60p . I remember spotting this in a run down corner shop when stopped in traffic and nagging my dad til he brought me back to get it.

Dumper £1.39. I found the box, the dumper and the plastic bricks in seperate boxes today. Now they are reunited after 40+ years.

MF760 Combine. £5.99. Still remember the day I got this. Nagging the ould lad worked that day too.

Drum Mower 60p

20180225_221622.jpg

20180225_221930.jpg

20180225_221841.jpg

20180225_222019.jpg

20180225_222057.jpg

• Like 8

The original 135 and original 595. I have boxed versions of both purchased a few years later didn't have such a hard life.

The cattle trailer was one of my very first Britains models. The drawbar broke and was replaced with this contrivance. The elastic seems to have fused with the metal.

My very first silage trailer. It was paired with a silage trailer made from Lego for much of its career.

Second generation seed drill. Badged Nordsten. There was a Ransomes version before that but all I can find from the original is the metal device for opening/closing the slots.

20180225_214324.jpg

20180225_221311.jpg

20180225_221358.jpg

20180225_230455.jpg

• Like 8

Well loved/played with toys. The only part of the cattle trailer I have remaining is the chassis. It's, or rather was, a nice model but a bit too flimsy the way the body was attached to the chassis. How on earth did you break the tow hitch and not the body?

I have the green tipping trailer with a wire towing eye held on with red tape, must have been like that for about 48/49 years, can't even remember breaking it!

• Like 2

The New Holland Combine Collection

A pair of ERTL combines which I think date from the 1960s

A pair of Jaditoy 8070s. One bought new for £15, the other, which is MIB, cost a hell of a lot more.

ERTL and Britains TR models.

ROS TX. Great potential, very badly executed.

Britains CX880. Great model. I must get the other decalled version some day.

UH CR9090. Superb model. Can't wait to get a 10.90 to pair with it.

20180226_132456.jpg

20180226_132815.jpg

20180226_133042.jpg

20180226_133652.jpg

20180226_134209.jpg

20180226_164333.jpg

• Like 5

I like pairs. Most of the trailers I have came in pairs or were made in pairs.

Hence a pair of MF5480s with 12 tonne trailers, and a pair of T7.210s with 12 tonne trailers.

I also have one McCormick version of the set, and would dearly love the Renault version.

20180226_163325.jpg

20180226_163218.jpg

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, justy 46 said:

Never knew the UH NH T7.210 & MF could be picked up in a set with a trailer !!

There was a McCormick MX with the standard trailer, the NH & the MF above, and the Renault Ares with an orange trailer.

The Renault is much sought after in France and very expensive, the Newfie is very rare and is now pricy too, but the Massey comes up from time to time at sensible money.

• Like 2

Very nice so far stan. I'm envious of the pair of jaditoys combines. They would be a great model with a few extra details and a lick of paint, not that I'm suggesting that for the MIB example.:o

I've seen those ertl Sperry New Holland combines for sale quite cheaply, would they have been seen on UK farms? 

I agree, you can't beat a good pair. ;)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, mb86 said:

Very nice so far stan. I'm envious of the pair of jaditoys combines. They would be a great model with a few extra details and a lick of paint, not that I'm suggesting that for the MIB example.:o

I've seen those ertl Sperry New Holland combines for sale quite cheaply, would they have been seen on UK farms? 

I agree, you can't beat a good pair. ;)

The MIB one won't be coming out of the box. It took forever to arrive in the post and I was worried it had gotten lost in the system. I'd love to see Replicagri do the full set of Claeys, Clayson and New Holland conventional combines up to the TX series.

Sperry New Holland bought into Claeys in the mid 60s, so I think these were Claeys/Clayson combines in New Holland red for the US market. (Update) NH bought into Claeys to get access to their technology, then they built a combine plant in the US which seems to have built machines to the Claeys design. Then the US plant changed over to the TR rotary combines in the 1970s.

Edited by SPN
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 26/02/2018 at 6:41 PM, SPN said:

There was a McCormick MX with the standard trailer, the NH & the MF above, and the Renault Ares with an orange trailer.

The Renault is much sought after in France and very expensive, the Newfie is very rare and is now pricy too, but the Massey comes up from time to time at sensible money.

luckily i have all the uh cargo trailer sets,inc the renault and McCormick  ones, there was talk of a fendt set but it never happened , guy from mini toys comissioned them i think ,usually for the zwolle show 

do you have the mf5480 and vanto bale tralier set ?.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

luckily i have all the uh cargo trailer sets,inc the renault and McCormick  ones, there was talk of a fendt set but it never happened , guy from mini toys comissioned them i think ,usually for the zwolle show 

do you have the mf5480 and vanto bale tralier set ?.

I would love a pair of those trailers in Fendt colours. Pity it never got made.

I don't have the Vanto set.

• Like 1