Coppice Acre Farm

Ferret90

Hello, I thought I would post some picures of my farm diorama that I've been working on for the last year or so...

Coppice Acre Farm is based on old farms dotted around England which haven't changed over the years. There are two main yards with tracks linking them. I have tried to recreate a real farm so there are piles of scrap lying around and dodgy old buildings that look like they are about to collapse. I will post more pictures of the rest of the farm later...IMG_4478.thumb.JPG.2943f056683f73392d2c757bab32d127.JPGIMG_4479.thumb.JPG.b77287f0a1079f8aeec2c2d2e9562dde.JPGIMG_4480.thumb.JPG.a9c7627ed4b2824deed6f287939f0ced.JPGIMG_4482.thumb.JPG.822e6b5547a7551d36d2946dfc79ded4.JPGIMG_4483.thumb.JPG.542da04e3d6c65d0d5fafe9aa09fc130.JPG

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An amazing amount of detail wherever you look, and I think we all know a farm or two not dissimilar, but if our place looked like that, I think I'd have to move! The local scrap lads could spend weeks there, and as for the rats........:o:o. Actually, it's quite funny he's sat next to the old pest-control van;)

4 hours ago, 844john said:

An amazing amount of detail wherever you look, and I think we all know a farm or two not dissimilar, but if our place looked like that, I think I'd have to move! The local scrap lads could spend weeks there, and as for the rats........:o:o. Actually, it's quite funny he's sat next to the old pest-control van;)

Thank you John :) some people seem to just leave broken parts and stuff everywhere and no one bothers to take them away, most farms have a pile here and there! Hehehe 

I think everyone will have models they aren't happy with, I redid some of my first conversions I wasn't happy with and sold the first attempts on, sometimes wish I hadn't but the funds went towards paying for the next try. 

• 3 weeks later...

I've decided to start on a new building to replace some of the old barns in first yard...

after looking at stabliofarmers cow shed on his 'not quite decided on a name yet farm' I decided I'd have a crack at making one myself. I love the way James has made it look like the plaster is coming off and you can see the bricks underneath and the weathing is stunning

the first step was making the shed from cardboard and getting the dimensions right...IMG_7384.thumb.JPG.d93d0ec4a4b6cd643ba4fbc8e8f1f115.JPGthen I mod rocked it...IMG_7389.thumb.JPG.dca949ccfe0fcc7f3a095a45e2851a72.JPGit is brilliant stuff as it gives good texture but it is quite heavyIMG_7387.thumb.JPG.e183dab8b37b91ca6d1d3c45f4b317db.JPGthen i scraped off the plaster from the offcuts and watered it down to fill in the cracks

47 minutes ago, Stabliofarmer said:

Looking good, excited to see what you do weathering wise, just ordered some Vallejo pigments myself.

Intersting use of the mod roc bandage, did it not warp the cardboard base walls at all?

Thanks James, great give em a try :) 

well I was quite surprised that it didn't warp too much, a little here and there but not bad. If I had a bit more patience I would of done it from wood but I find it quite tricky... nearly finished weathering here :) 

1 hour ago, T.H Conversions said:

Well I was quite surprised that it didn't warp too much, a little here and there but not bad. If I had a bit more patience I would of done it from wood but I find it quite tricky... nearly finished weathering here :) 

Interesting, I just love the effect that green pigment creates! 

Archived