What's your latest Farm/Construction buy 2020

robbo

On 10/15/2020 at 1:29 PM, smithy said:

A few weeks ago i took a call ,it was a chap called mark that was driving the case demo combine when i moved the header for him , he was going to be passing my place and was wondering if i was around ,he gave me this model as a thank you ,i think my other mate combine Kenny that also do the demos had something to do with this lovely gift   

IMG_20200925_163656.jpg

Very nice mate. Was it Mark Cooper by any chance. If it was he’s a top lad, we were at Ag college Writtle together. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/16/2020 at 5:56 PM, phil phoenix said:

I left it a bit late too buy the 620 Quad as most shops have sold out, but thankfully my local CASE dealer GJ Peck still had a couple left in stock:D...................Pecks have sold more than half a dozen over the last 3 years and two of them went to a 10,000 acre operation which has a huge fleet of Deeres!!  Apparently the Lads thought the Quadtrac was the better tractor over the RX, I agree:P.........................and one of their 620s was working just down the road as well.

P1080410.JPG

P1080412.JPG

P1080403.JPG

Nice buy Phil, I prefer the look of a Quadtrac to the RX, I enjoyed the video too of the Quad working on the Millenial farm, I think hes uploaded one too now.

Have you got something in mind to go behind it?

On 10/16/2020 at 11:56 AM, phil phoenix said:

I left it a bit late too buy the 620 Quad as most shops have sold out, but thankfully my local CASE dealer GJ Peck still had a couple left in stock:D...................Pecks have sold more than half a dozen over the last 3 years and two of them went to a 10,000 acre operation which has a huge fleet of Deeres!!  Apparently the Lads thought the Quadtrac was the better tractor over the RX, I agree:P.........................and one of their 620s was working just down the road as well.

P1080410.JPG

P1080412.JPG

P1080403.JPG

I really like that, what’s the part number for it?

11 minutes ago, phil phoenix said:

Nice one Trigger..............................The real size 1180 Krone was in my village yesterday afternoon, so I got a good look at it, very impressive machine I must say:)

I well add it to the rest I have 

FB_IMG_1603178154688.jpg

46 minutes ago, catkom3 said:

Lovely model Joe,as I recall my injector was the same,

Regards

Joe.

Cheers Joe,

It's not a huge issue, will try the nail varnish method.  Still need to sort the combine header too.  

The attachment as per this video would look good on the Vredo:

5 hours ago, 1/32 said:

That video is fascinating, I wonder what the purpose is behind crabbing across the field like that.

I'd say that it's to reduce compaction in the field, as all six wheels are running on a different bit of ground, spreading the weight over a larger area rather than all running on the same two wheelings. It certainly looks like it would be a heavy beast!

Yes the crabbing is to reduce compaction as these machines are very heavy,The machine itself weighs 28.500 kg or 62.700 lbs, Then the tank holds 26.000 kg =  57.000 lbs,and the polyester Flextank on top holds 6.000 kg = 13.200 lbs,That adds up to a very heavy piece of kits, 60.500 kg, or 132.900 lbs, Or in the UK, 58.9 ton,The Flextank is a fairly new addition which now means it can hold a full tank from a road going artic tanker,Here is a video of another 7028-3 with a dribble bar on dual's,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZmM1Q_pcAU

Regards

Joe.

Archived