New from the Netherlands, also

32 minutes ago, mb86 said:

Welcome to the forum Jan. You have a fantastic collection. We all collect for different reasons but it is always that bit more special when it has a personal meaning. 

Thank you all, Martin here in particular.

Indeed, one can collect everything which is (or: was) available, but you'll definitely need a second house or shed for these amounts.

I personally am very happy with the newest members of the suppliers, like Universal Hobbies, Wiking, Replicagri and Weise, for instance.

When i was a kid, there was only Britains, and i was happy that Siku entered the ring with agricultural models in 1:32 scale.

I remember my first Siku model: it was a Fendt 308LSA, having a white-plastic cabin, and it was painted in Deutz-green.............😱

Nowadays one feels ashamed to have such a "toy" in your collection.

So, through the years, as getting older, and for that possibly somewhat more sentimental,  you'll see your collection growing in a more specific way, which i think is common and healthy. ☺️

Best regards,

Jan

• Like 3

Hi Jan welcome to the Forum have or do you attend the LCN show at Zwolle as several Collectors on here do make the trip as and when the show is on

I hear no announcement about this years show has been made but something is going to be said in June apparently is it possible you could find this out and confirm something to us.

Thank you for sharing some of your collection they all look very nice and well cared for

Kind regards

Goody

On 5/18/2021 at 10:14 PM, Goodiestractor said:

Hi Jan welcome to the Forum have or do you attend the LCN show at Zwolle as several Collectors on here do make the trip as and when the show is on

I hear no announcement about this years show has been made but something is going to be said in June apparently is it possible you could find this out and confirm something to us.

Thank you for sharing some of your collection they all look very nice and well cared for

Kind regards

Goody

Hi,

Thanks for your reactions to my post.

Unfortunately there will be no LCN-show at Zwolle this year also, due to Covid-restrictions.

As (one of the first) LCN-member(s) i also regret this, but the organisation has decided so a while ago.

You have to understand it takes several months of preparation to organise a fair like this, and they do not see any chance to do so.

When there will be any change, i surely will let you know, but personally i do not think it will be held this year.

We'll see what comes next year.

All the best to you!

BR
Jan

Edited by WHITESNAKE01
textual reset
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

not totally unexpected i have  to say jan, will be a shame , but it wont be the only show lost this year, may also give them time to sort a new location as well with any luck. and us time to find a nice hotel ,and all you can eat Chinese close by ,the hotel lumen and football stadium have become a nice break for the last  4 shows or so .

• Like 3

On 5/22/2021 at 8:21 PM, Tractorman810 said:

not totally unexpected i have  to say jan, will be a shame , but it wont be the only show lost this year, may also give them time to sort a new location as well with any luck. and us time to find a nice hotel ,and all you can eat Chinese close by ,the hotel lumen and football stadium have become a nice break for the last  4 shows or so .

I agree it will be such a shame superb show with good banter and the Lumen too.

I also agree guys. Since becoming a LCN-member, back in 1990 or so, i haven't missed one single fair. I remember in the early days it was held in Dronten, but when that occasion became too small for the amount of visitors, they choose Zwolle, which is a great building for such fairs.

Rumors however are going round now for several years that even Zwolle will disappear, seems the owner of the building has plans for renovation or even re-building from the ground.

We'll see what happens, hopefully this virus-misery is going away quickly!

Best regards,

Jan

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/8/2021 at 7:54 AM, robbo said:

So there is still some slim hope that the show will go ahead this year, I will keep a couple of days holiday back just in case

Hate to say it mike , but its as slim as us two getting slim beach bodies to go on holiday next week mate 😁😁😄 i think this years holiday/ euro trips may well be non existent . Only shows i think you may get are uk ones, and even then its doubtful as no ones prepared to take a hit if it gets stopped at short notice due to rules , so are just saying another year out to be sure

• Like 1