Britains E27N Fordson Major Tractor 100 years Collection edition(s)

Udimore

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ford/nh fan said:

Has anyone bought one and noticed it’s been opened to see if a gold one is in there ? 

no mine was sealed nicely, to be honest,  not  one of the facebook complainers claiming it , has produced a pic to prove it either , not sure how you could prove it , as it could be them opening it first ? 

2 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

no mine was sealed nicely, to be honest,  not  one of the facebook complainers claiming it , has produced a pic to prove it either , not sure how you could prove it , as it could be them opening it first ? 

I have recieved 14 cases from two different wholesalers. Every case had been opened prior to me receiving them.  The gold ones have different codes, again another mistake by Britains. So all anyone needs to do is look on the underside of the box.  So it is even happening to those buying wholesale.  The only guarantee that you get unopened cases is direct from Britains!

34 minutes ago, AndyB said:

I have recieved 14 cases from two different wholesalers. Every case had been opened prior to me receiving them.  The gold ones have different codes, again another mistake by Britains. So all anyone needs to do is look on the underside of the box.  So it is even happening to those buying wholesale.  The only guarantee that you get unopened cases is direct from Britains!

so if the gold ones have a different code on the outside of the models box,or the dealers box ? why would people be “undoing” the actual model as people ate saying. you would have no reason to un seal each model to look .

32 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

so if the gold ones have a different code on the outside of the models box,or the dealers box ? why would people be “undoing” the actual model as people ate saying. you would have no reason to un seal each model to look .

As I understand it, the code has an 'A' on the end, so 43293A for the Gold one. This, therefore is printed on the underside of the model box, rather than the trade case. I can only make that assumption as each of my trade cases was opened, but none of the tractor boxes were......

Needless to say going by this,  I haven't received any gold ones!

Edited by AndyB
  • Like 1

It will be interesting to see who does get a gold one , they should never have let it be known there were special ones . I did email Britain’s to ask if the boxes would be sealed as to stop people seeing if gold ones were in there . They replied yes they would be sealed . Mine had definitely had one of the stickers tampered with . 

1 hour ago, ford/nh fan said:

It will be interesting to see who does get a gold one , they should never have let it be known there were special ones . I did email Britain’s to ask if the boxes would be sealed as to stop people seeing if gold ones were in there . They replied yes they would be sealed . Mine had definitely had one of the stickers tampered with . 

I had to open 5 of mine as there was something (turned out to be loose drivers) rattling around. You would struggle to see inside only removing one sticker, though I am happy to be corrected! As all my cases were opened, I still reckon the code is different.  Had it not been, it would have been much fairer and also if they were sealed in a tamper proof way.....

15 hours ago, fendtenator said:

I was lucky enough to get a gold one, code on the box has no 'A' on the end. Bought from jadlam, nice to see they are an honest seller with what I am seeing elsewhere with these models. My driver was loose aswell.

It is nice to see someone received a random gold Major. A few traders seem to be better than the majority, mine were opened, to check for damage apparently. There is no A on the Blue boxed ones either, presumably why traders are opening the boxes. I think Britains should have kept quiet about inserting random coloured ones, I don't doubt it would have got out eventually but everyone has the same chance then. 

• Like 2

will post a picture later.Was in Ballina .Co Mayo for a meeting this am and having 15mins to spare went into Toymaster. Picked up the first  Box ,Had an "A" on it and while most of the rest of them had a seal ,for some reason this one hadn't(i swear). It was one of the gold ones ,Might do the lotto tonight.

Edited by ford4ever
  • Like 5

13 hours ago, ford4ever said:

will post a picture later.Was in Ballina .Co Mayo for a meeting this am and having 15mins to spare went into Toymaster. Picked up the first  Box ,Had an "A" on it and while most of the rest of them had a seal ,for some reason this one hadn't(i swear). It was one of the gold ones ,Might do the lotto tonight.

So toymaster  selling them as well that good to know then what price was on it . 

• 4 weeks later...

I see them again in another local shop... won't give name for fear I'll get in trouble... But obvious signs off tabs peeled open. Maybe it's the supplier off the models to the shop. Maybe it's a cheeky buck hunting for one and damaging the boxes unnoticed to the shop keeper. Maybe it's the shop keeper himself .. Who knows. All I know is I'd have a better chance off winning the lotto or pay silly money on Ebay for one.