Tractor 2022 - Spalding Spring Show Sunday 3rd April

fordmajor

A few photos from Spalding, the first few taken by me and the later ones by David the "Tractor Twitcher" although he probably won't want to put his name to them as I asked him to wander round using my cheap digi camera so the quality if not great.

First up a few from 7am as everyone was setting up including a slightly bemused looking Goody who looked up just in time to see me taking the shot

IMG_1946.JPG

IMG_1947.JPG

IMG_1948.JPG

IMG_1949.JPG

IMG_1950.JPG

IMG_1951.JPG

• Like 9

David then went a wanderin' as I was stuck on my stand. Apart from the quality, he really does see things that I do not, it is only when I have reviewed these this morning that I thought "I didn't even see that bit"

IMG_1958.JPG

IMG_1959.JPG

IMG_1960.JPG

IMG_1961.JPG

IMG_1962.JPG

IMG_1963.JPG

• Like 9

Was a good show and well attended by the public. Perhaps an October event on the cards this years too. Hopefully he can build on the excellent diorama section next time too as a few local people (not collectors) I know attended with young children to look around and enjoyed seeing them. They then ended up spending a bit on Britains and Siku bits. First steps in rearing new enthusiasts and adds to the visitor numbers.

• Like 9

21 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

David does indeed seem to find stuff we miss , that said i bet hes not spotted that little same and laoder your desperatly after yet 😆😆😆seems a bit more spaced out in those pics? Not so many euro guys in maybe ?? 

Yep, that one still evades me and all the more reason to go to Zwolle

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

David does indeed seem to find stuff we miss , that said i bet hes not spotted that little same and laoder your desperatly after yet 😆😆😆seems a bit more spaced out in those pics? Not so many euro guys in maybe ?? 

I would have taken a lot more photos with Mike's little camera, but as was the case throughout the whole of the day I ended up stopping for a natter with folk I hadn't seen in a long time. :D Truth be told there were lots of stands I should have spent a bit more time looking at, and paid more attention to, there was loads I missed, but I tended to stick to the stands featuring the custom made models I was most interested in. Overall it was a very enjoyable show, and great to see a lot more layouts and displays in attendance which were of very high quality. From a personal perspective the only thing I missed were the stands from mainland Europe that would have normally attended prior to Brexit and lock downs.  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, robbo said:

A few photos from Spalding, the first few taken by me and the later ones by David the "Tractor Twitcher" although he probably won't want to put his name to them as I asked him to wander round using my cheap digi camera so the quality if not great.

First up a few from 7am as everyone was setting up including a slightly bemused looking Goody who looked up just in time to see me taking the shot

IMG_1946.JPG

IMG_1947.JPG

IMG_1948.JPG

IMG_1949.JPG

IMG_1950.JPG

IMG_1951.JPG

Cheers Robbo, it was good to see you even at that time in the morning, before the Tea kicked in. I think Colin and his helpers deserve a round of aplause for the excellent show they put together. I would like to thank anybody who bought from Goodiestractor and look forward to seeing you all again in October. I thought the whole event was well attended and it was a pleasure to catch up with smiling friends and like minded collectors, with the same collecting Illness as the rest of us. 

• Like 4

I had a brilliant day out on Sunday, even if a little worse for ware after Saturday nights antics. 

The number of displays seemed to be well recieved by the public but chatting with various traders there was not alot of people people digging deep and spending, likely a reflection of the current economic climate. 

I only managed to grab photos of the displays but there was a veritable delight of items on offer from traders. 

Photos in the order they were taken, sorry for any wrong names! 

Craig Pitman who placed third I think. 

IMG_20220403_134040.thumb.jpg.93caacffb740999ce04051baa03e65bb.jpg

IMG_20220403_134046.thumb.jpg.1de74b3fa8e3972784b500deb95c731a.jpg

IMG_20220403_134051.thumb.jpg.b36943ff7917ea9d431a48070320d0cf.jpg

IMG_20220403_134100.thumb.jpg.8d10c3923454bca9bf8fe4a01f93d075.jpg

IMG_20220403_134104.thumb.jpg.a91b4b6c334360427bb9afd9948cdef0.jpg

IMG_20220403_134112.thumb.jpg.ce1a31a9c3b67dfa396edfa508874ee1.jpg

• Like 8