harvest 2022

Tractorman810

sure they aint the first ,seen reports of rape underway in lincs, and winter barley a week or so ago i. suffolk as well .but the cousin sent this today ,they are on the go now with the winter stuff, earliest they have gone apparently, by at least 3 weeks according to their records . not sure on yields yet, but he recons it looks good ,well from this field  anyway ,wasnt aware they had swapped the mf84 and the nh 7120(think it was) this year to a pair of new axions, a 800 and a 850.combine was done last year.but cant remember what model it is 

F7707C88-6159-46CC-BEC7-E1C17934CC4F.jpeg

AFC2DC98-94D8-4E75-B88E-4488AD67D0D1.jpeg

643E55BC-260C-42A7-9B31-63FD5AF12CCD.jpeg

• Like 6

They started on the barley yesterday on my patch, but the wholecrop rye harvest started last friday. I had great fun sitting up in the cab of a nearly new Claas Axion 920 taking pictures😎.............The farm also had an 960, 870 & 810 running with new Stewart trailers. A contractors Deutz Fahr 6185 completed the line up.

IMG_6946.JPG

IMG_6928.JPG

IMG_6921.JPG

IMG_6934.JPG

IMG_6915.JPG

IMG_6943.JPG

Edited by phil phoenix
  • Like 3

On 7/4/2022 at 6:51 PM, Tractorman810 said:

sure they aint the first ,seen reports of rape underway in lincs, and winter barley a week or so ago i. suffolk as well .but the cousin sent this today ,they are on the go now with the winter stuff, earliest they have gone apparently, by at least 3 weeks according to their records . not sure on yields yet, but he recons it looks good ,well from this field  anyway ,wasnt aware they had swapped the mf84 and the nh 7120(think it was) this year to a pair of new axions, a 800 and a 850.combine was done last year.but cant remember what model it is 

F7707C88-6159-46CC-BEC7-E1C17934CC4F.jpeg

AFC2DC98-94D8-4E75-B88E-4488AD67D0D1.jpeg

643E55BC-260C-42A7-9B31-63FD5AF12CCD.jpeg

combines have been on the go for over a week now on rape and winter barley around me Sean relations farm not far from me , my barley only about a week away which is good as i am still on hay ,i told all my customer last year that me and the wife was not doing hay this year but they all come to see us and said there is no one else that will do it so please will you do it again so yes we have been rushing around doing hay ,should finish by the weekend as long as no breakdowns 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

My harvest travels began yesterday near York with this 06 plate Claas Lexion 580TT tucking into winter barley. It was supported by this New Holland T7.270 Blue Power. Plenty having a nibble in winter barley between here and home, although it still feels like the middle to end of next week is likely to be the moment harvest kicks off properly around here. 

h.jpg

h_1.jpg

• Like 6

My mate was carting wbarley ,had a fair load on got pulled over by the police for having an insecure load. It wasn't coming over  the sides on the road,luckily he had a shovel and levelled it off and allowed to go.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

spoke with a guy I bought some toy farm items off in Suffolk on Thursday and he said they were frightened to go as it's so tinder dry. 3 combine fires already he'd heard of and one in Thetford had spread to a pig unit and caused mayhem. Main worry not being able to get areplacement machine if one's combine does go up.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

first one i have seen down this way in a while, went past this today,back of place called brixton outside plymouth ,but couldnt get a pic as the police where there, so lifted the pic from bbc, this was fleet estates  jd combine, dont think it was that old in all honesty, certainly new within the last couple of years .

8C98E0AF-FB03-4461-B57D-ACF1998BF811.png

• Sad 1

I went to South Shropshire today and saw a New Holland of some description in the distance, then at Clun I could see a Lexion on a distant hill, i got a photo although I doubt it will be anything special.   There was possibly something quite big working in Minsterley when heading back to Shrewsbury as there was a JD with a Chaser Bin in the field, but all i could see was a cloud of dust.  When I was coming home on the train I saw a New Holland 8040 alongside the line in a field of wheat.

• Like 1