Chartres 2023

Barry

1 hour ago, CX820Joe said:

Great photos Barry 

did you get yourself one of the MF combines?

Nah, not my cup of tea, looks a good model…….I’m sure the MF fans will be happy with it.

I managed to go to Chartres about 5 years ago, was one of the best shows I have been to.  Seems in Europe they have a tradition of presenting small diorama, meaning there tends to be a lot more variety.  

When I was there, there were many stands selling spare parts or broken models.  So was great if you like building models.  

• Like 1

On 6/4/2023 at 4:09 PM, Tractorman810 said:

looks a good show barry, much more layout based than zwolle it seems ?. was it easy enough to get to ?? 

It was a little last minute.

I was going to stay in Paris and get the train there that day, but couldn't find any affordable accommodation, so I end up finding a hotel 15 minute walk from the Chartres venue.

Flew into Paris Orly, train into Paris (Montparnesse) then down to Chartres.......very easy.

I did prefer Zwolle if I'm honest, guess that was due to the company I had during the visit 😁

I felt Zwolle had more varied things to see and buy, but Chartres had more displays and dioramas.

Worth a visit though.

• Like 2

I used to enjoy the show ,up till  covid came along i had been about 15 years running along with Mr Reeve , we never had very long to set up on the Saturday about 2hrs so it was always a mad rush on the Sunday to get stand ready for the opening . Mid afternoon i used to nip off and have a quick look around and would normally find something to bring back . There was a good few dioramas back then , Mr Goodwin has been over a few times allow we both ,like Barry has said do prefer Zwolle   

• Like 1