What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

Not a fricking lot. Couldn't get my lorry out of the yard till 5.45 this am, 45min after I got there. Tipped 30min later than yesterday in Surrey. Got to Erith 45min later than yesterday and lo and behold there were 6 lorries infront of me. My turn next though, then it's a mad dash to Yeovil before 5pm to tip. Was hoping to do it in less time than yesterday but it's going to take at least an hour longer. Not impressed.

Finally got most of my office moved to the third bedrooom with the help of a neighbour.  Only the printers, scanner and filing cabinet to go but have completely run out of steam.

Have backache

Legs ache

Arms ache

Head aches

Going to sit down and start sorting the contents of the filing cabinet with shredder handy while watching the Tour de France on the box

Worked 7 to half one (one hours time in lieu reclaimed) and visited a friend who's a bit under the weather and had a cup of tea with her, then walked home in the rain and took bike in to be sorted.  I've also started to sort through some surplus model buses I'm thinking of selling too.

Been making jam this morning, too wet to pick fruit yesterday so whilst dry thought I would pick the raspberries and loganberries, only got a few canes that have gone a bit wild in the garden but better than letting the blackbirds strip them off. Made around 6 1/2 lb altold. Last year made 21lb and sold the lot at the local market.

The long and short of it nothing.

I have been paid all day for doing nothing.

::) ::)

Ah well see what tomorrow brings, more than likely more nothing

Paid for being on FTF ... excellent package you have landed yourself there Rob ;D ;D

Ran three loads of Type 1 (40mm) scalpings up to Devizes from Tor Works at Cranmore. Fourth load was cancelled, rang in for a job at 1pm to be told "park up somewhere quiet Tris, roll in at 3.30 and call it a day". Nice ;D Just finishing up now.

Been washing and greasing up all the Western SF 11's ready for some drier weather start of the week maybe?

Lovely trailers  :-*

Oh and we got the old John Deere 950 combine out of retirement as a farmer has 5 acres of crimp barley to be done soon and neither our JD 2256 or 2254 Hillsider will get down the lane  :-\

Took some starting, smoked the place out, now in the workshop for a once over, quite exciting really!

i work night shifts at a local supermarket (im still a student), so during the day, besides sleep, i wouldnt do a lot else.

on days after nights that i am not working, i would work on farm with my father.

today, i have sat down and watched a few episodes of stargate atlantis that i downloaded.

Another manic day, ordering parts for trucks, trying to find a leak on a tanker, dismantling and cleaning out a jammed delivery meter on another one, carrying out final repairs for a tanker going for an SLP (Safe loading pass). Dealing with an inspector from the Freight Transport Association, arranging loads and drivers to try and cope with next weeks work, moving fuel around to make room for tomorrows delivery, arranging tank tests and work with outside repairers, ordering parts to be sent up with the truck. Realizing that our Foden was booked for MOT on Tuesday and not Wednesday and wondering how I'm going to get the ERF brakes done now I have a day less to do it in. Arranging for a load for the MOT on the Foden as it has to be loaded for the test.

If you come in our yard and want to find me........look up the far corner of the yard. I'll be the one sitting on the ground with my eyes shut and my hands over my ears, swaying backwards and forwards.  :o:(

normal day for you then britainswomble  ;)

Spot on there, most days are manic, thats the trouble with being a driver, mechanic and transport manager. Then to top it all one of our tankers got stopped a couple of weeks ago and was found to have lost some tread from a trailer tyre even though I'd checked the tyres two days before and the driver checked them the day before he was stopped.

Now of course we are getting a visit from V.O.S.A next month to look at our "Dangerous Goods" operation. The inspector coming pointed out that he was a vehicle inspector too and if I wanted to discuss any issues we may have with drivers hours records; then he'd be happy to discuss them with me.

Sneaky b**tards, we'll have them on our backs for months now. This is a sneaky visit to see if they can "Get" us for anything else. I told him we have no issues with drivers records, as we don't so he wont get very far on that one. I spose we'll find them looking over the bank at the back of our yard and watching from down the road to find out what we are up to soon. All they want is to catch us out to score Brownie points and fine us large sums of money to justify their "Gestapo" existance. I hate government officials..............Grrrrrrrrrrr.  >:(

I am very happy with it as well bill.

Will get busy again soon I would think but hey you take the rough with the smooth in this game.

As I have told many a supervisor i am paid for what I know not what I do ;D

Flexibility Rob the name of the game in the oil industry... I have to be the very same and my really busy spell will be most of September this year.