What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

at least he's cheap to take out!

the massy massive is massive. or the name would be the massey miniature... pffft!

Stout fellow.. I've always had a great deal of affection for you young Alex... you can sleep in my bed tonight... under the MF deuvet...

alone obviously  :-[

The Massey Massive got it's name from Sean Pullovers belly originally... it just somehow stuck  ;):-\

Stout fellow.. I've always had a great deal of affection for you young Alex... you can sleep in my bed tonight... under the MF deuvet...

alone obviously  :-[

The Massey Massive got it's name from Sean Pullovers belly originally... it just somehow stuck  ;):-\

we need a forum badge....

Go for it mate, hope it goes well for you. Job details please?  :)

Thanks Tris. Its as a general herdsperson and possible apprentice milker plus other general maintenance jobs. Forgot to ask about the size of the farm ha/acre-wise ( ::) ) but he has some 180 animals in total. Most of these are restricted to the farm as he has had a bovine TB outbreak. The parlour is small and cramped with two lines of 14 ?stalls.

I got a brief glimpse of some of the machinery: 1 international 2wd; 1 Case-IH or it may have been a DB/Case (90/94 series); 2 scraper Fords (manual box); 2 JCB telehandlers, one slightly bigger than the other; two big new tractors one of which I'm sure was a JD 6930, and many more besides (most residing in the repairs shop). No Masseys alas :(

I asked if the Loadalls had hydrostatic transmission, he said no but something similar -"torque converters"-is that right?

good luck mate, think positive when you go eh

Thanks Sean. There are at least 16 other applicants though I have no idea what the competition is like. He said he'll ring me this weekend.

sounds good... torque converters/hydrostatic transmission.. same thing as far as driving is concearned buddy...

Yes though I think he's got the smaller scrapers lined up to drive before any newbie touches his prescious metal!

The very best of luck to you

Thanks. I have mixed emotions on this; It's a world away from the PT work I do at the little mixed/beef unit I've been with, I was only just getting to know those guys! :'( I would, however, be getting paid, and finally some tractor work!

Been on a PA2 spraying course today in readiness for when the boss is out of action in February and March.......just need to pass the test now, unfortunately the new sprayer isn't being delivered until the end of February :(

Been on a PA2 spraying course today in readiness for when the boss is out of action in February and March.......just need to pass the test now, unfortunately the new sprayer isn't being delivered until the end of February :(

Its an exciting course isn't it  ::) ::)  Brave bit of theroy in it aswell, Took me twice to pass it it  ;D  :-[  ::)

Try doing the course 4 times.......its annoying when you get put through the course and then the powers that be don't put you through the test >:(

If you think the PA2 course is exciting try the PA4 one ;D ;D

This sounds like the trip of a lifetime! :) What's wrong with Kansas by the way? ???

It is.

Nothing wrong with Kansas, but I did not want a stopover in Kansas City if I could go direct to Flagstaff.  The trip is going to take 22 days including a week with my aunt and uncle in California (my ultimate destination)

Well won't be going to the local ploughing match after all. Cancelled for the third time and not beeing rescheduled so will have to wait until December. The Newmachar one is still scheduled to go ahead at the Home Farm of Udny tomorrow so may have a look along to that one depending on what the weather is like tomorrow morning.

So today away to get back to the tractor shed which has been on hold due to weather and holidays for more than a month now.

Thoroughly enjoying my first day off in ages by having a right good catch up on here whilst working on some written projects, just finished this set of song lyrics that are completely open to everyone's own interpretation:                                               

"A Film Without Thrill"

An effortless stroll through the dirt and the trees

Brothers in arms just prodding at the queen bees

Lost in sepia tones colouring in the passing sky

The last of an ancient brigade, let’s see if the boat’s still sinking

The drama’s done, karma cracked, soothing spots, in a summer of spills

Play with scenes before they stop, juxtaposed with what we now have

With what we now have, a film without thrill

A trembling ghost dreams of directing the matinee

Or an unfinished verse that remains a generation’s curse away

Don’t regret the days when you’re singing from the rooftops

So near yet so far from sensation to see through

The drama’s done, karma cracked, soothing spots, in a summer of spills

Play with scenes beneath the stars, sound the alarm, where are we now?

Where have we landed?

A film without thrill

We’ll roll up the roads and crash cars in the past

As we returned our brains to a summer of spills

The drama’s done, karma cracked, soothing spots, cast aversions

Play with scenes smiling back, before they release a film without thrill

It’s what we’re part of, a film without thrill

This and a whole host of other "lyrical babble" i've written over the past couple of years can be found here:

Also heading up to my Uncle's farm shortly to give him an impromptude interview on 10 series Fords and to gather up another load of logs for our coal fire.

:)