What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

Dashing around trying totidy the house as I have an estate agent coming to give me a valuation.  Spur of the moment but I have at least to clear the laundry away and out of sight!

Were you listening to Jeremy Vine today Sue..........

Today's Show

Riot police have moved in to Dale Farm to evict the travellers who it's claimed are illegally camped.

Lord Wolfson, the Chief Executive of Next, is offering a prize of £250,000 for anyone who can come up with a credible way of dismantling the Euro.

A campaign group wants to encourage older people with large empty houses and too many rooms to sell their homes to younger people who need the space.

Women who donate eggs are going to be able to claim £750 in expenses. Critics say this will encourage women to do it for the wrong reasons

Were you listening to Jeremy Vine today Sue..........

Today's Show

Riot police have moved in to Dale Farm to evict the travellers who it's claimed are illegally camped.

Lord Wolfson, the Chief Executive of Next, is offering a prize of £250,000 for anyone who can come up with a credible way of dismantling the Euro.

A campaign group wants to encourage older people with large empty houses and too many rooms to sell their homes to younger people who need the space.

Women who donate eggs are going to be able to claim £750 in expenses. Critics say this will encourage women to do it for the wrong reasons

No I wasn't but it makes sense. I understood it was local authorities wanting larger rented properties to be made available for families rather than single occupancy.

My reasons for moving are another matter entirely but as the estate agent has just dropped a bombshell I will not be moving any time soon!  It seems my house is now worth something over half the value it had 4 years ago when it was valued for probate.

Working with father-in-law today. Cut the hedge around a nursing home, second of two cuts each year with tractor. Took a tree down in Westbury then trimmed some conifers at another customers place. Then popped over my Dads with a birthday and took him down the local for a meal. Tomorrow it's artic/rigid piggy back to Kent to pick up 5 Fords. :)

Working with father-in-law today. Cut the hedge around a nursing home, second of two cuts each year with tractor. Took a tree down in Westbury then trimmed some conifers at another customers place. Then popped over my Dads with a birthday and took him down the local for a meal. Tomorrow it's artic/rigid piggy back to Kent to pick up 5 Fords. :)

how big is this birthday thing you talk of tris?!!!!!!!!!!

:D :D Talk about missing out the crucial word! It wasn't a huge present but it did come from Cornish Orchards :P:)

A lot of 10 series have passed through the yard lately, Sean. Strong trade for somewhere I expect. They don't go through the workshops though.

It does hit the spot doesn't it, Mark! I bought a box of the draught for myself too and with an online order form, I dare say a box may arrive in time for the Christmas period :)

Just left Boxley in Kent with a 7710 2wd bubble cab and pair of 5000's each with Farmhand F11 loaders and rear fork lifts. Rigid has a 7610 with a loader and a 575. Quite a pair cruising thd motorways in beaming sunshine and clear blue skies 8)

Up fairly early this morning to service the AGA in the kitchen, slowly been loosing heat so I let it out late last night so it was cold enough to handle. Stripped out the burner and removed all the carbon that over time builds up and eventually blocks up the inlet oil pipe just below the burner. Service by a heating or stove Company, they charge anything from £95 to £125 to do the same thing, once you've watched it done a couple of times you can do it yourself, easy.

Nothing to go wrong,  basically just a good de-coke, no real skill needed all you have to do to make sure it works as it should is to make sure that the burner is set on its mounting plate dead level front to back and side to side so that the oil runs evenly in the wick grooves to give an even flame all round, seat the baffle rings properly, seat the barrell which is like a bell which incorporates the hotplate level and square, you have to get on top the stove, remove the centre ring/bung and put your hands inside the lip, inverted, and lift out the barrell, it's cast iron and weighs a good 50kg. You must make sure that the oil pipe unions don't weep or leak as well, tighten them just enough as these are brass. Once you've re-lit it, keep it turned up to 6 on the regulator until you're back up to temperature on the mercury thermometer guage on the front of the stove and then just regulate it to maintain the temperature you want by turning back the regulator between number 1 to 6, you regulate the temperature this way for cooking. I've serviced it myself now for over 15 years and as long as it keeps going, until it's obvious it's starting to carbon up, then I leave it alone. Replace the wick every second or third service as it gets hard and brittle.

Logs today, boss is away so I'm the glamorous secretary, boss, delivery driver, 'chopper upper' and customer services all week! Apart from tomorrow, Howards tomorrow on the farm. . . and they say it's quieter in the winter! Pah! :D :D

Waking up for the long trip to Ireland for the week. Any one tell me of any model shops/toy shops  :of

Orchard Motorsport - Armagh City

Model Shop - Main street Lurgan Co. Armagh

Graham Chapman - Co. Armagh

Farmrite - Portadown Co. Armagh

Fane Valley - Portadown Co. Armagh

Camerons, Ballymena - Co. Antrim

Ground Control, Lisburn - Co. Antrim

Fane Valley - Banbridge Co. Down

Kingdom Trucks - Comber Co. Down

Old Forge Models -  Comber Co. Down

Lake view - Loughbrickland Co. Down

Toymaster - Banbridge Co. Down

Model Shop - Belfast Co. Down

Comber Post Office - Co. Down

FM tractors - Ardstraw Co. Tyrone

Fane Valley - Omagh Co.Tyrone

whites/Toymaster - Omagh Co.Tyrone

DM farm models -  Omagh Co. Tyrone

G.W. Gibson & Son General Merchants - Beragh Co. Tyrone

O Mhurucus centra/collectors toyshop -  Innashannon Co. Cork

Marks Models -  Cork City

Modelmania michelsown -  Co. Cork

RB Models - Clonmel Co. Tipperary

Galway Farm Models - Co. Galway

Lynch Farm Models - Co. Limerick

Model Mad - Co. Kerry

try googling some of those and you should probably get some addresses or come up to the moira show

267357_199956156726109_100001351775150_465830_1915217_n.jpg

Got a few odd jobs to do, move a creep feeder, move a ring feeder and give the bulls some haylage. Once those are done I think I'll be lending a hand on the site where the new beef building will be going. Most of the stone is down but I think there is more topsoil to take away. So much going on here it's unreal!