What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

Driveway kerbs down (110 of them) ,garage raft foundation poured (16x20 FT)  &  70 ton of walk gravel spread  & raked on the drive ..just have the top soil behind the kerbs to be raked & grass seed set..  all in 5 days  with interruptive rain in between  Had the 6 ton digger & dumper on hire for the week .. so meet the deadline.. Job done !! ^-^   Now for a few days away in Waterford for a break..  

• Like 4

Driveway kerbs down (110 of them) ,garage raft foundation poured (16x20 FT)  &  70 ton of walk gravel spread  & raked on the drive ..just have the top soil behind the kerbs to be raked & grass seed set..  all in 5 days  with interruptive rain in between  Had the 6 ton digger & dumper on hire for the week .. so meet the deadline.. Job done !! ^-^   Now for a few days away in Waterford for a break..

Well done you defiantly been busy but its worth it in the end
  • Like 1

Rain stopped play for the moment we have had 15mm since sunday so my last bit of hay is really wet now spent the morning picking up parts I need first call was B&Q in Ipswich to get some pluming bits then also in Ipswich east Anglia bearings to get 4 belts for a grass topper then up the A12 to Ernest Does at Marlesford for some New Holland combine parts then cut through the back roads to Ernest Doe Power at Framlingham to sort Mr Goodwin out as I heard a rumour I was on his hit list ?and he was going to do me ?(all in good fun) we had a good chat about models and things then thought hell its dinner time better get on with some work so I got back to farm and striped out the sieves on combine as I have to get inside and replace a rubber stripe deep inside the back just got to wait for parts now ,no real hurry as it is still raining tonight

• Like 4

Whilst waiting for the rain to stop so I can finish my last piece of hay I have sorted out the back of one of my sheds and this old potato planter is being put back in ,the wife said take it to scrape yard but I cant do that so I will put the good stuff in front of it to hide it up ,I can remember siting in the middle on the back of it for many days when I should have been at school a adult ether side of my to hopefully catch me if I slipped of the seat I think the machine is called a PILOT it does 3 rows at a time and seamed to take forever to get to the other side of the field I have seen a picture of a 2 row machine that was similar but never one like this          

post-1115-0-08870000-1437133437_thumb.jp

post-1115-0-17063300-1437133621_thumb.jp

post-1115-0-22701700-1437133813_thumb.jp

post-1115-0-39239700-1437133988_thumb.jp

• Like 6

smithy, that looks just like the one we had , although I had the outside seat to counter balance my uncle,  we only did around 5 acres ish each year for family and friends, but was great fun to do . for me , I got talked into working nights for the last 3 days, 15.30 till 06.30 due to the council agreeing a road closure some 30 days ago, all as per the regs, then they cancel  it the day it at 8 the day it started , and offering nights instead, wasn't a hard job but I was the only one trained to use the cabling wagon available for the first nights, sadly I cant drive it according to bt ,license says otherwise, so one of the new guys who's ex army and got a hgv license drove and I operated ,while he kept the kettle going ,bloody tired now mind, certainly throws your body clock out

• Like 1

Whilst waiting for the rain to stop so I can finish my last piece of hay I have sorted out the back of one of my sheds and this old potato planter is being put back in ,the wife said take it to scrape yard but I cant do that so I will put the good stuff in front of it to hide it up ,I can remember siting in the middle on the back of it for many days when I should have been at school a adult ether side of my to hopefully catch me if I slipped of the seat I think the machine is called a PILOT it does 3 rows at a time and seamed to take forever to get to the other side of the field I have seen a picture of a 2 row machine that was similar but never one like this          

I remember sitting on that as well a couple of times back in the mid 80's

• Like 2

I remember sitting on that as well a couple of times back in the mid 80's

Yes Simon it was properly used down you granddads farm as a lot of people back in the 70 &80 had a couple of acres  here and there and they all put some potatoes in to feed there family's as that's what they all called proper food but all them little bits of land are all built on today and the supermarkets have taken over  

• Like 1

Looks an interesting place smithy

Yes it is he is based in a farm yard and has got 2or3 other tractors about the place I got to go back there later this week to take his saw bench back will try to get picture of other tractors if I get there in daylight

That 4/65 Nuffield a bit of something different Smithy.... noticed it got the early Nuffield  sliding hubs on the back axle..... famous for knocking gateposts :)

Yes im told that a lot of the axles were cut off with the gas-axe to get in narrow doors .I think he has one more Nuffield but with bolt on wheels and a Belarus and a international will see if I can get pictures

• Like 1

This is my mate Eric operating his saw bench with my tractor cutting my fire wood he is 72 years young but about 18 months ago he had a bad stroke which we did not think he would get over but myself and PDC father Brian and a few others went to see him in hospital a few times a week to help him recover as he had give up to which he started to walk again and move his arms about and was giving his driving licence back last august as he does all the ploughing and cultivations on a 400 acre farm next door to me then from about October time he is back in his wood yard cutting up fire wood he might not be as fast as before but he is doing it well done Eric

post-1115-0-00782500-1437517675_thumb.jp

post-1115-0-07268600-1437517808_thumb.jp

post-1115-0-77596500-1437517967_thumb.jp

post-1115-0-21242900-1437518127_thumb.jp

• Like 7