What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

Yes you do, with them turned on all the time as well. The job gets done better that way. Mind I can't talk, have them on the tw but my excuse is that it is slow on the road so I need to be seen. The hard work hasn't done the 78 any harm. The gearbox was put in to work and comfort was a bit of an afterthought in that era. While things are slightly amicable I won't mention the case gear boxes sounding like a cat being strangled, oh and the mr Ben handbrake. :P:P 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, 844john said:

spreading fert today, think I'm coming out in a rash, must be spending too much time with a blue bonnet in front of me ! :blink::D 

WP_20170823_11_12_22_Pro.jpg

WP_20170823_11_12_10_Pro.jpg

Best look after her John..... there was a late reg'd "G" plate '89 force 11 7810 in the Chefffins sale at Harrogate last Saturday, though she'd only done just shy of 1700 hours she made £15500 when the hammer fell!! Once of a day Silver jubilee's were making that sort of coin.......

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mb86 said:

Yes you do, with them turned on all the time as well. The job gets done better that way. Mind I can't talk, have them on the tw but my excuse is that it is slow on the road so I need to be seen. The hard work hasn't done the 78 any harm. The gearbox was put in to work and comfort was a bit of an afterthought in that era. While things are slightly amicable I won't mention the case gear boxes sounding like a cat being strangled, oh and the mr Ben handbrake. :P:P 

You're right about the handbrake, about as much use as an ash tray on a bike, but that was worst on the Doncaster-built 74, 84,85 series, the German 56,s did have a stronger handbrake, but still not perfect! That's the trouble with the lovely quiet cab on the nash, you do get to hear a bit of 'box noise, not a problem in the Ford though....:ph34r::D

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Best look after her John..... there was a late reg'd "G" plate '89 force 11 7810 in the Chefffins sale at Harrogate last Saturday, though she'd only done just shy of 1700 hours she made £15500 when the hammer fell!! Once of a day Silver jubilee's were making that sort of coin.......

She's not mine Paul, she belongs to a friend who I do some work for. She's been on the farm since new and she'll never leave no matter what she's worth, she's a bit special !;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trigger82 said:

Cutting barley today 

IMG_0019.JPG

IMG_0020.JPG

Better get cracking Cyril . Before the sh*tty weather closes in again . Still a load of spring barley down my way to cut also . It's going black in some places . The weather has been a disaster all of August !!

59 minutes ago, justy 46 said:

Better get cracking Cyril . Before the sh*tty weather closes in again . Still a load of spring barley down my way to cut also . It's going black in some places . The weather has been a disaster all of August !!

My uncle just flat out when the sun is out

IMG_0031.JPG

IMG_0039.JPG

• Like 4

my neighbour's had a old terra-dos for a chaser wagon but because the hydraulics did not like the faster speeds in carting beet and gave a few problems they decided to cut the front of and turn it into a trailed chaser ,they have a second one being done the same  PTO driven oil pump now drives the unloading trace

20170812_123057.jpg

20170812_123045.jpg

20170812_123038.jpg

• Like 5

1 minute ago, smithy said:

my neighbour's had a old terra-dos for a chaser wagon but because the hydraulics did not like the faster speeds in carting beet and gave a few problems they decided to cut the front of and turn it into a trailed chaser ,they have a second one being done the same  PTO driven oil pump now drives the unloading trace

20170812_123057.jpg

20170812_123045.jpg

20170812_123038.jpg

That is an impressive bit of farm engineering, looks to be done properly too. Paint on it as well!!!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mb86 said:

How is your new case performing smithy?

Its fine did all the drilling with it last year and all the spraying up till about April time and because I did not wont to pay silly money for a set of row crops I used my 4240 as it has 12inch rears  

• Like 1

Going on my local tractor run today,  the route is supposed to be a mystery but someone has let it out that we are going to reeth for lunch. Gave the 4000 a good check over yesterday and apart from a slight drip of diesel from the seam of the tank she is in fine fettle. 

• Like 2

went out in the shed this afternoon with the best intentions of getting in with some of the scratch builds i have running,mainly the beet hear , but i just couldn't get my head into them ,so rather than mess it up i had a tinker with a couple of conversions instead, ones a ongoing in the mf 290 with de-lux duncan cab,basic cab frames built now, the other something new which i have had the parts ready for  ages, not say owt yet as i aint quiet happy with it just yet, but its close ,so pics tomorrow all being well 

Had a successful tractor run today with the old girl, not sure how many miles we did but it must have been 40+. Started at Bowes village hall at 10 then went to Tan Hill, Keld, Muker, then over to Askrigg, back to Low Row then up into Reeth for dinner about 1 then back past the CB inn over the Stang then did a few miles across the moors on a stone track and back into Bowes half 4 ish for a BBQ. Most of the roads I didn't know existed and it was a thoroughly enjoyable ride out with some stunning scenery which made Teesdale look flat in comparison. Only 4 breakdowns, a major that soon recovered and carried on to finish, a grey gold fergy that got towed home only a few hindered yards from finishing and a Nash that also had to be towed back from even closer to the finish. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 6

Couldn't have had a better day for it Martin, and you're right, there is some impressive scenery over them tops, wouldn't want to live up there mind!. Whose is the very shiny  4610? Saw it go past our spot the other night and then again parked up round the back in Barney, looks a stunning tractor :)

• Like 1