What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

3 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

just back of my holiday, left southampton smack on 7.30 was back in the door,inc stopping to get the cats,and bags unpacked ,forst washing load on by 11.30 ,very clear run home , superb 2 weeks finished of by the most amazing sunset over peg well bay/deal ,my old stomping grounds. had a serious squeeky bum moment at st petersburgh mind with the russian imigration bods, i got through after a 5 min stand still look at the red dot, and a few questions ,standard for anyone apparently, by a guy who we swore blind was vladimir putin, or a dam good look alike, even the tui rep said the same, however the poor wifes passport pic is 9 years old  and she had different colour hair, ,queue nearly 10 mins of more intense questions and a supervisor doing the same as well,  swear blind they knew everything about us before we got there, luckly the supervisor let her through .according to the tui guys  it happens a lot and this season theres been 7/8 people refused access for similar reasons . would have spoilt the holiday slightly. worst bit was it was just as hard to get back on the boat  eve. though we had the visa slips .

Damn, I obviously didn't pay them enough to have you shipped off to the Gulags in Siberia

• Haha 2

honestly mate,i thought getting into the states was hard, but these guys would make hard as nails  special forces teams  nervous, theres no appeal or anything ,thats it you ain't in. anyone on a trip had to go to a talk a few days before, all told don't make any jokes, answer every question ,  certainly do not argue, dont take any pics in the building at all,even in the shops, they take it deadly serious. apparently the rep nearly got arrested taking pics for the talk for customer ref in the talk to aid every one in what to expect, swear blimd they dont want you in the place.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just got home from Illminster Carnival, big tradition here in Somerset and the main one Bridgwater being in a few weeks time. This is only a small show and getting smaller each year sadly but few of the carts from this year, the bottom one is based on a MF1080, most of the big ones that are 100 odd ft long now use lorries though.

DSC_0022.thumb.jpg.56fac67ffe1c180c25cabd9ef285f00d.jpg

DSC_0027.thumb.jpg.9222035bc3c61f7898dfb472c620ddd8.jpg

DSC_0004.thumb.jpg.1e314647a2e85f3a015be69ac76ba079.jpg

Edited by Anderson Agri
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Tractorman810 said:

Did you get a good crop in the end mate? Seem to remember you saying early on in the year/ before xmas that it wasnt looking that good 

I wont now till next Wednesday when I get the sugar content results back from the factory and the dirt content which they knock of the total tonnage and pay on clean beet tonnage at 16% sugar content , so if mine are say 17% sugar content I get paid 1% more than the standard price , let you now next week

• Like 1

I stayed down at Wincanton on sunday night after going to a excellent Toytrac show , and on Monday morning I took a call saying this will be delivered in about 1hrs time well it takes about 3.5hrs on a good trip so I had to let the driver now where teleporter was so he could unload it . It is a Kongskilde HRWS 4/5 furrow vary width  plough , I have been lent it on demo from a very good friend.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, 844john said:

Lovely collection of models there now Paul, what's the Duncan cabbed John Deere?

Cheers John, some of them haven't been out in daylight for 12 months :D  The Duncan cabbed Deere is sat here now haha, a purchase off Andy, it's a spec cast 2020 that has Andy's cab and wings, new linkage, new front axle and set of wheels and tyres right round, even the toolbox has a lift out tray, will get some better photo's of that and the unidrill (another addition) for my collection thread

• Like 1