What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

Playing about with a in-operable forward reverse shuttle on a 135-65 Fastrac, after a bit of poking about found a knackerd Prioritised distribution valve, not giving a feed to the shuttle solenoids, rigged up a temparary air supply and had it mobile again, new valave on order so then get it back together when it comes......

• Like 4

Bit of welding work extending a pair of trailer ramps on a mates plant trailer, added 20" in to them to lessen the steep-ness of them,  just a pair of tie bars to make and fit once i pick up a length of flat bar then can have a bit of red lead 

96735651_919074348539741_6219572730094682112_n.jpg

97452571_656349175217431_2597442804388986880_n.jpg

• Like 9

31 minutes ago, 844john said:

Tidy job there Paul 

Cheers John :)  with hindsight it wants a bit of 3mm steel plate putting between two of the bars to put a couple of Led warning flashers on below the marker plates, not that it won't stand out being yellow but will make it easier to spot, those rear clusters are abit low down and a bit tame really for evening work....

2 hours ago, justy 46 said:

Nice job Paul. Was it a Mig or Arc welder you used..?

Cheers Justin,  its an old oil filled Oxford Arc welder, maybe in the way of 180-200A... run it off a 32amp 240v supply off  the consumer unit, must be going 40 years old if not older, handy little thing though, will weld all day with a 4mm rod happily away, will outlast a modern day inverter anyday.... to be fair a little mig would be handy moreso for the cab repairs i did on the 7610 but then its extra expense in having a gas bottle or running out mid job of a weekend when everything closed, with the stick plant turned down you can get by with a 1.6mm rod on thin stuff, but can set to with stuff that a little mig would struggle with, the Oxford just bites into it ;)

• Like 2

Managed to get the second patio sail up yesterday, after i ordered 2 less turnbuckles than required it a brain freeze, last 2 arrived in a day ( ordered friday) so sat out enjoying it  now , the garden is now all hers and i can get back into the shed 

C771335A-17DE-4FB7-B542-BF2CD472F2D6.jpeg

• Like 5

On 5/17/2020 at 3:29 PM, Tractorman810 said:

Managed to get the second patio sail up yesterday, after i ordered 2 less turnbuckles than required it a brain freeze, last 2 arrived in a day ( ordered friday) so sat out enjoying it  now , the garden is now all hers and i can get back into the shed 

C771335A-17DE-4FB7-B542-BF2CD472F2D6.jpeg

Is that those composite decking boards you're using Sean?

yes mate, from a devon company called cladco , out oakhampton,  theses are 10 year odd old now and bar the ones i had to replace due to me not being careful doing the last extension they havnt split or anything ,they apparently do composite beams as well .

18 hours ago, jmd said:

matt mowing today

20200525_143644 (2).jpg

20200525_143704 (2).jpg

20200525_143707 (2).jpg

Nothing like seeing the tractor pull into the field with mowercon. That smell of freshly cut grass. Looks like a good crop you have there. There nothing on ours yet itll be a late one for us this year I think shill have owes and lambs in meadows. Saying that theres still ewes lambing :huh:

2 hours ago, L33 DA17ON said:

Nothing like seeing the tractor pull into the field with mowercon. That smell of freshly cut grass. Looks like a good crop you have there. There nothing on ours yet itll be a late one for us this year I think shill have owes and lambs in meadows. Saying that theres still ewes lambing :huh:

Have to agree there Lee, it's hard to beat the smell of freshly mown grass. In the same boat here with no grass. The sheep have been out of the meadows a good 2 weeks now but they still have less grass on than a football pitch. Finished lambing though!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mb86 said:

Have to agree there Lee, it's hard to beat the smell of freshly mown grass. In the same boat here with no grass. The sheep have been out of the meadows a good 2 weeks now but they still have less grass on than a football pitch. Finished lambing though!

Yeah its worrying seen wether this morning and looks like not much rain this week. The wain helped a little at the weekend but not much. We have realy but you get a load of stragglers at the end. Got 50 odd in the lambing shed and some singles in the field. 

filled a skip with the crap left over from the garden work, they managed to deliver it at 7.30 this morn :huh: but earlier is best i guess,  then part tidied  the garage up once empty, so i can now get to the bikes, infact all sorts :D . then seeing as i had a surge of energy i decided to cut the front hedge and bag all that up, only to find the queue for the local tip is over an hour, guess whats going in the skip at work next week,now sat in the garden, researching for the possible next step of ash tree farm, once the current piggeries all done that is, need that to see how much actual space i have .

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

filled a skip with the crap left over from the garden work, they managed to deliver it at 7.30 this morn :huh: but earlier is best i guess,  then part tidied  the garage up once empty, so i can now get to the bikes, infact all sorts :D . then seeing as i had a surge of energy i decided to cut the front hedge and bag all that up, only to find the queue for the local tip is over an hour, guess whats going in the skip at work next week,now sat in the garden, researching for the possible next step of ash tree farm, once the current piggeries all done that is, need that to see how much actual space i have .

steady there sean youl want a holiday if you keep on like this :D

37 minutes ago, 1/32 farmer said:

steady there sean youl want a holiday if you keep on like this :D

stevie , i am meant to be on holiday right now, should be up suffolk ,sat in the hot tube on the farm with a ice cold aspals cider firmly in me hand after a planned family bbq ,  at least the weathers nice i guess ..

• Sad 1