What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

8 hours ago, smithy said:

While cutting my own wheat on Wednesday i took a phone call ,it was my mate Combine Kenny calling on behalf off the CASE demo team , he was wondering if i could help out for a couple of hrs early on Thursday morning as he had got to take a different header to another farm and demo , he had got hold of a Case 150  to tow the header off one of the demo combines and could i drive it down the A140 to another farm , so at 7am  i  am picked up from beacon hill services at the bottom of the A140 /A14 junction by a man called mark from the demo team ,he drives us up the A140 to a farm to pick up tractor ,i then follow him to where the two combines are parked up and he loads up the header onto the trailer which i had hooked onto ,i then set of heading towards the A140 again and the down to a farm a few miles away from Stoke Ash White Horse Pub , as it was still am 4 off us nipped back to the pub for breakfast paid for by the case demo team we then went back to the field as it was dry enough to start ,i was only there a short time while they was cutting as i had to get back and on my own combine   

IMG_20200806_101301.jpg

IMG_20200806_114725.jpg

so whens you buying your new case, your certainly looking well at home in that one. and stoke ash white horse, had many a good meal in there, and the odd breakfast, much to my nans annoyance, although she ate it ok she hated buying a cooked breakfast . your not far away from my cousins farm there prob 2/3 miles tops . 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, smithy said:

I finished my own wheat on Friday, some yields were average , some was poor and some bits i dont wont to talk about :wacko:  

IMG_20200807_202007.jpg

If it's any consolation Smithy, some of the wheat round here not good, unfortunately weather dictates to a large degree, conditions when drilling were awful, followed by 2/3 months of drought.....

Hopefully, fingers crossed the spring barley will be better.

The TX is still looking good as ever, and loving the photos of the TX and 40 parked up together! 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

so whens you buying your new case, your certainly looking well at home in that one. and stoke ash white horse, had many a good meal in there, and the odd breakfast, much to my nans annoyance, although she ate it ok she hated buying a cooked breakfast . your not far away from my cousins farm there prob 2/3 miles tops . 

Would love to buy a new one but they are out of my price range for my acreage , yes felt at home in it after about 5 min not driven one with the multicontroller for about a couple of years but it soon came back to me ,i have helped Case at 2or3 demos in the last few years with a bit of driving . Myself and my wife was supposed to meet the boss of the Case tractor factory out in Austria back in April but the Gov19 stopped that ,Goody and his wife was going out with us for a well earned break ,pencilled in for next year hopefully . We have had many a good meal in there over the years ,i took JEP there for breakfast one tuesday many years ago as we only got home from Zwolle late on the monday night . Did not now you had cousins farm around there ,i now ,is it your uncle ? that works for Tuckwells ,next time you speak to him ask him if he knows Andy Bugg  ,and if he does tell him smithy said hello 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, smithy said:

Would love to buy a new one but they are out of my price range for my acreage , yes felt at home in it after about 5 min not driven one with the multicontroller for about a couple of years but it soon came back to me ,i have helped Case at 2or3 demos in the last few years with a bit of driving . Myself and my wife was supposed to meet the boss of the Case tractor factory out in Austria back in April but the Gov19 stopped that ,Goody and his wife was going out with us for a well earned break ,pencilled in for next year hopefully . We have had many a good meal in there over the years ,i took JEP there for breakfast one tuesday many years ago as we only got home from Zwolle late on the monday night . Did not now you had cousins farm around there ,i now ,is it your uncle ? that works for Tuckwells ,next time you speak to him ask him if he knows Andy Bugg  ,and if he does tell him smithy said hello 

yes mate will ask him if he knows andy, he's worked at the worlingworth branch all his time,40 odd years now , my cousin’s hubby farms at thornham ,live at thorndon .i cant for the life of me remember the farms name, but their surname is gooderham . stoke ash used to do a wicked mixed grill, used to stave myself for the day before we went ,was well worth it .

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

yes mate will ask him if he knows andy, he's worked at the worlingworth branch all his time,40 odd years now , my cousin’s hubby farms at thorndon .cant for the life of me remember the farms name, but their surname is gooderham . stoke ash used to do a wicked mixed grill, used to stave myself for the day before we went ,was well worth it .

I have heard that name ,Gooderham , i will ask goody he is bound to know of them . I  have had the mixed grill job to pack it all in but like you say well worth it 

7 minutes ago, smithy said:

I have heard that name ,Gooderham , i will ask goody he is bound to know of them . I  have had the mixed grill job to pack it all in but like you say well worth it 

m sj gooderham agri services,  last i heard they have about 1300 acres and were looking for more , plus 5 or 600 they contract farm for someone as well .

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, bluegreen said:

Smithy should have sneaked off with the 150 Maxxum and replaced it with his old mcmac and hoped no one noticed:lol:

I think Goody is calling around tomorrow ,perhaps to tell me off for driving one of his tractors without him knowing or to bring me a wage packet :lol:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, smithy said:

I think Goody is calling around tomorrow ,perhaps to tell me off for driving one of his tractors without him knowing or to bring me a wage packet :lol:

got to be double bubble for sat work surely , and a very good discount for your next tractor :D

• Haha 1

On 8/6/2020 at 9:50 PM, ford4ever said:

got it last night but haven't had a chance to read it.Always a soft spot for the old Deutz as my Uncle got the first power steering tractor in the village in 1977 a deutz (can't remember the number).traded for a 7207 a few years later that my cousin still has and I have shown pics on here.My friend runs a transport company and has 30/40 acres.the tractors are a hobby as much as anything and he definitely doesn't need 6 of them

20190926_173828.jpg

A very good mate of mine had 2 2680 on his farm many years ago ,sadly my mate is no longer with us , i can remember driving them sometimes with a N/H round baler on the back cant remember the model but had chains and slates instead of belts ,also had a go with a forage harvester on the back cant remember that model but was a new holland  ,i remember sitting looking down the long bonnet and listening to the engine growl    

22 hours ago, L33 DA17ON said:

This is some sight what's that saying nothing runs like a Deere...IMG-20200807-WA0005.thumb.jpg.d2378051aad331c5281fbb13ad7aa7ff.jpgIMG-20200807-WA0004.thumb.jpg.62945e449a854786f3230dc1fead748e.jpg

case 135 on demo and only cut 5 rows of grass that was a wast of time. Hydraulic oil everywhere. Looks like its leaking from a block at the back end lad said the wheel will have to be removed to fix it. Think we'll stick to the John deere tractors. 

It happens to the best what ever colour 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, smithy said:

Is that matty in the McCormick and trailor also i take it its you in the blue one ,thanks for showing 

Its matt in both smithy he was in the mccormick until i arrived then they put the mccormick on the mower and carried on mowing so he hooked the ford up i took over on the mccormick 115 with trailer so the lad went mowing

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Because my mates M/F combine is still out of action i went and cut 4 fields of wheat today that he normally cuts ,these two field are very steep so we chopped the straw but the other two was left for baling ,and the baler turned up just as we finished cutting ,its my trailor but it is my cousins mc135 on the front as he helped out with the carting ,as we was high up we could see for miles ,also the major was parked up next door as the trailor had got a wheel off 

IMG_20200810_133249.jpg

IMG_20200810_143333.jpg

IMG_20200810_143338.jpg

IMG_20200810_152029.jpg

IMG_20200810_152041.jpg

IMG_20200810_162555.jpg

IMG_20200810_162603.jpg

IMG_20200810_162622.jpg

IMG_20200810_162630.jpg

IMG_20200810_171554.jpg

IMG_20200810_171610.jpg

IMG_20200810_173916.jpg

• Like 9

Not long  home  after a long drive home On a  recovery truck , after the van decided to have a small hic up , just a small engine bay fire , caused by a split pipe  on the egr valve  , which heated up a fuel pipe, First i knew was smoke and a car beside me saying you have a issue mate :D, went out as soon as i turned it off luckily .  

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

Not long  home  after a long drive home On a  recovery truck , after the van decided to have a small hic up , just a small engine bay fire , caused by a split pipe  on the egr valve  , which heated up a fuel pipe, First i knew was smoke and a car beside me saying you have a issue mate :D, went out as soon as i turned it off luckily .  

More fun with the Fiats then?

16 minutes ago, robbo said:

More fun with the Fiats then?

wouldnt call it fun, :D certainly different . managed to get it of the main road and onto a car park, was spooky how it went out as quick as i turned it off, guy in the car stopped behind me and said there was deffo flames visible , all i saw was smoke , ,that was more than enough , the garage thinks the turbo may have also been damaged, but wont know till they get it apart, hope it has, its at 88000 now and we normally dispose at 90 k or 5 years which ever it gets to first, may be beyond repair cost wise with luck.